PDA

View Full Version : What power do you want.

hobbes
02-12-2005, 04:47 AM
Simply driving 1.5 miles to work leaves me seething some days.

I want the power to revoke drivers licences' on the spot.

I just walk up and say "You're done, you have lost the concept that you share the road with others".

People who are at the front of the light, who forget that they are driving and continue babbling on their cell phones 10 seconds after the light changes and those who brake as they approach a greeen light, top my list :angry:

Lion7718
02-12-2005, 04:59 AM
Well, since I walk a fine line between good & bad...
If it is a power like you posted above, than I would like to bring back all the TV Shows that I liked that got cancelled.....
If it's a Super Power, than I want to be able to burn people till their dead just by looking at them....

sparsely
02-12-2005, 05:29 AM
I wanna be able to cook eggs without breaking them! :01:

hobbes
02-12-2005, 05:42 AM
I wanna be able to cook eggs without breaking them! :01:

You mean like boiling them? Aim higher, son, aim higher!

100%
02-12-2005, 07:19 AM
To fly

http://img218.exs.cx/img218/8641/78058ubda6sl.jpg

SingaBoiy
02-12-2005, 07:38 AM
Ill take the power to turn invisible. Also to make w/e I touch turn invisible. :ph34r:

ZaZu
02-12-2005, 07:46 AM
I'd like the power to be able to accurately answer the question 'whats the meaning of life (no ..its not '42')'...

Monkeee
02-12-2005, 07:49 AM
i think he means, kill all gays... in which fag is a profranity form of gay.

sparsely
02-12-2005, 08:47 AM
Correct. :ph34r:

< fag :D

sparsely
02-12-2005, 08:49 AM
oh and..

You mean like boiling them? Aim higher, son, aim higher!

okay...over-hard and scrambled too! :D

S!X
02-12-2005, 09:05 AM
oh and..

okay...over-hard and scrambled too! :D

scrambled pwns. :cool:

Cheese
02-12-2005, 10:19 AM
LoL if i was, the whole world would be fucked royally. :whistling

EDIT: 1000x More then it is now.

Fortunately you won't make it any further than burger-flipper.

Mr. Mulder
02-12-2005, 10:29 AM
the power to refuse pay on trains, they turn up an hour late, its raining and they have the nerve to charge me £3.50! :ohmy: i think not mr train driverhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Arcadiaculttv/snooty.gif

Skweeky1
02-12-2005, 11:20 AM
I want to be able to read people's minds as they already expect me to do that at work :lol:

brotherdoobie
02-12-2005, 11:33 AM
I'd like to have the power to kill all Linkin Park fans and ppl i hate.

Why...Cuz i dont like Linkin Park fans. End of story. :rolleyes:

Peace bd

clocker
02-12-2005, 03:32 PM
I would like the ability to remain calm in the face of unreason.

Every day I have to deal with people who are stupifyingly ignorant and (typically) pissed off (probably because they are aware that their ignorance is the root cause of their trouble).
By week's end, homocide is an attractive option.

Lord grant me strength.

Snee
02-12-2005, 03:39 PM
If I can aim as high as I want, I'd want a way to cure any disease.

Being able to ban people from the internet for life is a hot contender tho'

Lion7718
02-12-2005, 04:08 PM
I want the power to turn everyone into a homosexual.

Why?

No reason.

This made me laugh, after all the LP has posted..this was a perfect reply :D
I need a laugh today..thanks :P

Being able to turn soda cans into money would be cool... :w00t:

Snee
02-12-2005, 04:11 PM
< fag :D
When you told me you loved me I thought it was platonic, like :unsure: :blushing:

100%
02-12-2005, 04:55 PM
If I can aim as high as I want,

but you can snny, you can, simply drink enough beer, build up the pressure until
it is almost intolerable, then and only then go to the urinoir and let her rip
(tip: aim up) ;)

Lilmiss
02-12-2005, 05:30 PM
I want that glowing flame finger power from the old British Gas adverts.

That would :rawk: :01:

I'm sure x-ray vision would be handy too. :shifty:

vidcc
02-12-2005, 06:11 PM
those who brake as they approach a greeen light, top my list :angry:

That's part of advanced driving..a green light will change. I have seen many accidents and many tickets issued where someone ran up to a green light too fast to stop when it changed.

A green light light does not mean go...it means proceed if safe to do so and if the way is clear..
Many people have gone through green lights only to be struck by the car that ran the red light...many could have avoided this if they use caution and observation going through the green light.
The easiest light to run up to is a red light...you know you have to stop at that one.

Biggles
02-12-2005, 06:19 PM
The power to switch politicians to mute would be fun - or better still :01: the power to make them tell the truth whether they would or no.

Failing this telekinesis would be fun. :shifty: Just let Lilmiss try and dodge a self propelled paddle.

Mwhawawawa

Also handy for getting stuff from the fridge during interesting tv programmes.

hobbes
02-12-2005, 06:44 PM
I would like the ability to remain calm in the face of unreason.

Every day I have to deal with people who are stupifyingly ignorant and (typically) pissed off (probably because they are aware that their ignorance is the root cause of their trouble).
By week's end, homocide is an attractive option.

Oh for feck sake, at least make your requests reasonable! You owe these people the homicide they have earned.

hobbes
02-12-2005, 06:48 PM
That's part of advanced driving..a green light will change. I have seen many accidents and many tickets issued where someone ran up to a green light too fast to stop when it changed.

A green light light does not mean go...it means proceed if safe to do so and if the way is clear..
Many people have gone through green lights only to be struck by the car that ran the red light...many could have avoided this if they use caution and observation going through the green light.
The easiest light to run up to is a red light...you know you have to stop at that one.

I take it, with this post, that you want your handbag back, ma'am?

You go girl.

Geez, any idiot can get a sense of timing down with a light sequence, you have to have the feel for it. It is all those hysterical brakers that cause the accidents, they have no concept of "court vision". That is the ability understand that you are part of a dynamic process and you must be aware what others around you are doing. Some people drive in a box, completely unaware that they are not the only drivers on the road.

Checking to see if cross traffic is safe should be automatic behavior. You should always have a list of potential hazards and constantly moniter them, particularly those side streets that people pull into traffic from. Gripping the wheel and leaning forward with your foot poised to stomp the brake is a great way to be surprised everytime.

Vidcc, your license has been revoked! :angry:

vidcc
02-12-2005, 06:52 PM
It is all those hysterical brakers that cause the accidents.
explain how please

vidcc
02-12-2005, 07:00 PM
i see you have been using edit but you still haven't explained how someone braking causes the accident

hobbes
02-12-2005, 07:01 PM
explain how please

One should not need to slam on brakes unless their is something extremely rare going on, like someone throwing a baby from a car.

Hysterical brakers fail to moniter the other cars on the road and are not aware of what is going on around them.

Their response to anything, like a car honking or a loud noise is to slam on their brakes. That is how accidents happen.

People who are aware of their surrounding and are not hysterical, think, then react.

Hysterically slamming on ones brakes is a sign of a bad driver.

Biggles
02-12-2005, 07:04 PM
i see you have been using edit but you still haven't explained how someone braking causes the accident

If I see a green light I go

If I see an amber light I go faster

Someone slowing up at a green light screws this philosophy completely. :)

Snee
02-12-2005, 07:07 PM
The worst part about people who break suddenly at intersections, at least here, is that if anyone hits them that person gets to pay the bill. :dry:

It shouldn't be, but it's almost impossible to prove that they were the ones that screwed up.

Mind you, in a perfect world the driver in the car behind makes sure to keep their distance so accidents don't happen.

But in this world there are a lot of factors that can screw you over even if you try to take caution, like ice on the road or something.

vidcc
02-12-2005, 07:07 PM
One should not need to slam on brakes unless their is something extremely rare going on, like someone throwing a baby from a car.

Hysterical brakers fail to moniter the other cars on the road and are not aware of what is going on around them.

Their response to anything, like a car honking or a loud noise is to slam on their brakes. That is how accidents happen.

People who are aware of their surrounding and are not hysterical, think, then react.

Hysterically slamming on ones brakes is a sign of a bad driver.

OK i agree that hysterical slamming on of the brakes is sometimes not needed, However tell me if the car in front of you does slam on their brakes and you run into the back of them who do you consider to be the bad driver and wwho do you consider to be at fault?.

To the original complaint you failed in the first post to use the word "hysterical" you just said people that brake approaching a green light.... I will put my case further after i find out your reasoning for fault

vidcc
02-12-2005, 07:09 PM
The worst part about people who break suddenly at intersections, at least here, is that if anyone hits them that person gets to pay the bill. :dry:

It shouldn't be, but it's almost impossible to prove that they were the ones that screwed up.

Mind you, in a perfect world the driver in the car behingd makes sure to keep their distnace so accidents doesn't happen.

But in this world there are a lot of factors that can screw you over even if you try to take caution, like ice on the road or something.

you are getting where i am heading.... one can't complain about the actions of others if one isn't personally driving safely to begin with

hobbes
02-12-2005, 07:11 PM
I would let Vidcc spend a day in the car with my mother, but I am afraid I pulled her license long ago.

sparsely
02-12-2005, 07:14 PM
When you told me you loved me I thought it was platonic, like :unsure: :blushing:

it was...though not by my choice ;) :wub:

Biggles
02-12-2005, 07:15 PM
I would let Vidcc spend a day in the car with my mother, but I am afraid I pulled her license long ago.

A reprieve must be in order for the day. :shifty:

I will drive behind to make sure all is well. :devil:

hobbes
02-12-2005, 07:16 PM
OK i agree that hysterical slamming on of the brakes is sometimes not needed, However tell me if the car in front of you does slam on their brakes and you run into the back of them who do you consider to be the bad driver and wwho do you consider to be at fault?.

To the original complaint you failed in the first post to use the word "hysterical" you just said people that brake approaching a green light.... I will put my case further after i find out your reasoning for fault

People who brake approaching a green light don't "get it". They have no sense of the dynamics of driving. I don't know about you, but I can smell when a light is about to turn yellow. Even if it does, you just need to check cross traffic and run the light. Remember, even when your light is RED, so is the cross traffic light for another full second.

If one is traveling at the speed limit one should either see the yellow light ahead and slowly brake or if close to the intersection, just run it. The yellow light is your friend.

Snee
02-12-2005, 07:17 PM
nm, wrong thread :lol:

Snee
02-12-2005, 07:18 PM
it was...though not by my choice ;) :wub:
:01: :score:

Thanks for that :D
If I ever go gay, I'll come looking for you. :D

Ok, so it was the right thread. :blink:

Biggles
02-12-2005, 07:19 PM
nm, wrong thread :lol:

:lol:

:ermm: Thought I was just unable to follow the flow. :(

vidcc
02-12-2005, 07:20 PM
I would sit in a car with you driving, but only because it would be part of requirement of your court ordered re- test ;)

Snee
02-12-2005, 07:21 PM
:lol:

:ermm: Thought I was just unable to follow the flow. :(
It was the right thread, just the wrong time. :blink:

hobbes
02-12-2005, 07:23 PM
However tell me if the car in front of you does slam on their brakes and you run into the back of them who do you consider to be the bad driver and wwho do you consider to be at fault?.

My fault legally.

But in the instance of a car alarm going off, you look sideways to appraise the situation. Hysterical braker has decided to slam on the brakes because they are startled. Your eyes return to the front and in that second of turning away you become too close and either swerve to avoid or do a fender bender.

You think, it is legally my fault, but what the feck was that idiot slamming on his brakes for. What a totally stupid accident.

The really sad part about this is that often people swerve to avoid and hit a different car and then cars start piling up. Mr Hysterical braker has no clue that he has just caused a 5 car pile-up for no reason and pulls away muttering "safety first".

vidcc
02-12-2005, 07:23 PM
People who brake approaching a green light don't "get it". They have no sense of the dynamics of driving. I don't know about you, but I can smell when a light is about to turn yellow. Even if it does, you just need to check cross traffic and run the light. Remember, even when your light is RED, so is the cross traffic light for another full second.

If one is traveling at the speed limit one should either see the yellow light ahead and slowly brake or if close to the intersection, just run it. The yellow light is your friend.

you got your identical twin brother to take your test for you, didn't you :rolleyes:

Snee
02-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Hobbes seems really sexay too, tho', for a bloke.

In case he got really happy over that post.

*note to self, don't open two tabs on the same site.

vidcc
02-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Hobbes

I am not saying that people that "lack confidence" should have a license. I believe the driving test needs to be far far harder. However more accidents are cause by people that are over confident...those that drive beyond their skill level...than those that are nervous.

If you drive in the manner you say you do then the actions of a hysterical braker will not cause you to have and accident

hobbes
02-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Someone keep Vidcc posting and off the road, I'm going to make a dash for some food.

vidcc
02-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Someone keep Vidcc posting and off the road, I'm going to make a dash for some food. But I am not a hysterical braker...I am a safe driver (but not perfect) who tries to be aware of everything that is going on around me..... I expect the other drivers to be erratic, that way I am not surprised.

Remember to take a bite of food while approaching a junction
;)

hobbes
02-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Hobbes

I am not saying that people that "lack confidence" should have a license. I believe the driving test needs to be far far harder. However more accidents are cause by people that are over confident...those that drive beyond their skill level...than those that are nervous.

If you drive in the manner you say you do then the actions of a hysterical braker will not cause you to have and accident

God damn Vidcc, we are in the lounge. :01:

I gave you a power, mine was to revoke licenses. It means that other drivers who behave in the manner I described irritate me. It is called a "pet peeve". This is the "get a power so that you can eliminate those who are irritating you"! It's a pet peeve thread.

I want the power to revoke a drivers license at my slightest whim. :devil:

Which, incidentally, almost got cawkjacked jacked by Snny. :huh:

Snee
02-12-2005, 07:36 PM

Sorry :blushing:

Couldn't contain myself. :unsure: :ph34r:

vidcc
02-12-2005, 07:39 PM
You think, it is legally my fault, but what the feck was that idiot slamming on his brakes for. What a totally stupid accident.

legally and in reality...you were not driving at a speed and distance where you were able to stop, or you just were not paying attention. It doesn't matter why he slammed his brakes on

The really sad part about this is that often people swerve to avoid and hit a different car and then cars start piling up. Mr Hysterical braker has no clue that he has just caused a 5 car pile-up for no reason and pulls away muttering "safety first".

He didn't cause the accident....it was cause by the drivers that swerved to miss one car because they were driving too fast and too close.

hobbes
02-12-2005, 07:41 PM
I want another power, to be able to control Vidcc so that he goes and gets my food for me.

But knowing his driving, it will be cold by the time he retrieves it.

Got a 10oz new york strip, grilled shrimp, bowl of shrimp gumbo and red snapper filets broiled comin' up.

Where is the "hungry" smilie?

vidcc
02-12-2005, 07:42 PM
God damn Vidcc, we are in the lounge. :01:

I gave you a power, mine was to revoke licenses. It means that other drivers who behave in the manner I described irritate me. It is called a "pet peeve". This is the "get a power so that you can eliminate those who are irritating you"! It's a pet peeve thread.

I want the power to revoke a drivers license at my slightest whim. :devil:

And you haven't realised my power ;)

hobbes
02-12-2005, 07:45 PM
And you haven't realised my power ;)

But you ALREADY had it. You're supposed to pick a NEW one, corksoaker!

But Dorothy, you've had that power all along!
http://www.animaart.com/relatedart/images/good%20witch.jpg

http://www.funtasticparties.us/slippersclose.jpg

Vidcc's shoes, that was my tip off. :rolleyes:

vidcc
02-12-2005, 07:54 PM
But you ALREADY had it. You're supposed to pick a NEW one, corksoaker!

But Dorothy, you've had that power all along!
http://www.animaart.com/relatedart/images/good%20witch.jpg

http://www.funtasticparties.us/slippersclose.jpg

Vidcc's shoes, that was my tip off. :rolleyes:
You watched that film on the flight to your last holiday destination didn't you....

http://www.nigelhumour.co.uk/Yogi.jpg

Snee
02-12-2005, 07:57 PM
you are getting where i am heading.... one can't complain about the actions of others if one isn't personally driving safely to begin with
Thank you for preserving the most misspelled post I have ever made on this forum this side of sobriety, for posterity.

And you made the best part bold too. :wub:

vidcc
02-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Thank you for preserving the most misspelled post I have ever made on this forum this side of sobriety, for posterity.

And you made the best part bold too. :wub:
It had spelling errors :unsure:

Snee
02-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Yesh.

Arm
02-12-2005, 08:25 PM
I want the power to telepathically torture and manipulate people.

:shifty:

vidcc
02-12-2005, 08:33 PM
I want the power to telepathically torture and manipulate people.

I suppose that would make a change from your present :cough: self manipulations

100%
02-12-2005, 11:20 PM
I have an Insane craving to smile
grant me this power

vidcc
02-12-2005, 11:30 PM
I have an Insane craving to smile
grant me this power

http://people.ambrosiasw.com/~andrew/funny/sexychick.jpg

100%
02-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Merci

i live one more day

your power is the awsumenest-tan

:)

hobbes
02-12-2005, 11:45 PM
http://people.ambrosiasw.com/~andrew/funny/sexychick.jpg

Oi like it when me bird is shaved.

100%
02-13-2005, 12:18 AM
from a distance it looks like that chicken is smilling at me...

do you think i have a chance?