PDA

View Full Version : Iso

Tormentor
04-03-2003, 02:30 AM
I was wondering how you rename a EXE file to an ISO file. When i downloaded on of kazaa lite it came in EXE format and on the discription it said just rename to ISO and burn to cd.

Calhoun
04-03-2003, 02:48 AM
what you do is go to My computer, then go to tools>folder options, then go to the view tab. Scroll down a bit and there will be a box that says "Hide Extensions for Known File Types" Uncheck that and it will show all extensions. Navigate to the exe file and rename it to <filename>.iso
It will give a warning saying that changing the extension could make the file unstable, click okay if you changed the right file. Voila&#33;
Good Luck :ph34r:

The Great Dude
04-03-2003, 02:51 AM
I would of said this, but too late. :P

Originally posted by Tip By: The_Great_Dude

Show your File Extensions:
Go to the folder you have your file,
then click on Tools at the top, go down to Folder Options, then click on View tab,
scroll down and uncheck the box that says "hide file extensions for known file types",
click OK, go back to your iso file, right click, rename, then delete the extension .exe replace with .iso.
Now it should show up. B)

Did Paul let you use his avatar or you used it without permission?

Tormentor
04-03-2003, 02:57 AM
I know all that but how do u actually rename the file

The Great Dude
04-03-2003, 02:58 AM
I already said that: right click, rename, then delete the extension .exe replace with .iso.

kooky_kramer
04-03-2003, 03:00 AM
right click the file you want to rename (after you have done the above steps) and rename xxx.exe to xxx.iso (the x represents the name of your file)

The Great Dude
04-03-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by kooky_kramer@2 April 2003 - 19:00
right click the file you want to rename (after you have done the above steps) and rename xxx.exe to xxx.iso (the x represents the name of your file)
I already said that in this quote :lol: :

then click on Tools at the top, go down to Folder Options, then click on View tab,
scroll down and uncheck the box that says "hide file extensions for known file types",
click OK, go back to your iso file, right click, rename, then delete the extension .exe replace with .iso.
Now it should show up. B)&nbsp;

No one was reading? :ph34r:

Tormentor
04-03-2003, 03:03 AM
I did that but it still says it is an exe file

The Great Dude
04-03-2003, 03:04 AM
Did you change the .exe to .iso? Erase .exe and change it to .iso. How can that not work?

Tormentor
04-03-2003, 03:06 AM
I want to change the file to an iso file so i can burn to cd but i cant when it is an exe file.
changing the name wont do anything

The Great Dude
04-03-2003, 03:10 AM
Change the extension, not the name of the file only&#33; After you do this:

Your file should be something like this: xxx.exe, delete the exe part (Nothing Else&#33;) and replace it with iso. Does that work?

Tormentor
04-03-2003, 03:13 AM
Very very sorry I accidentally clicked on the wrong thing when i went into tools, foler options, then view
Thanks for your time :D

The Great Dude
04-03-2003, 03:14 AM
No problem. :lol:

firefox
04-03-2003, 03:21 PM
some peoples kids