PDA

View Full Version : Windows Movie Maker Problems!

Dannny
02-12-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm having problems with Movie Maker, it keeps crashing.... it all works but just crashes after about 30 seconds when i load something etc.... So if anyone can give me any information on how to fix it etc, that would be great.

I do however have Adobe Premiere Pro, and it works... Except I don't use it because it dislikes AVI file types...(Maybe I don't fully know how to use everything on it yet too....meh). Anyhoo, i've looked round for some Converters, taking note that I want a free one, and theres only one free one which doesn't put, "Unregistered...." or something on the movie after its converted, plus this particular converter takes 7 hours on average to convert a clip and is often a bad quality afterwards.... So if anyone can also find a totally free AVI to MPG(or whatever) converter which doesn't add, "unregistered" to movies and (preferably) doesn't take 7 hours for a 20 minute AVI clip, and isn't bad quality afterwards, i'd be so greatful i'd give you a new shiny penny.... in a pretty box.... or you could just have the box if you prefer.... :happy:

tesco
02-12-2005, 03:22 PM
I remember this used to happen to me if i had the divx codec isntalled...or something like that.

Try reinstalling the codec, or uninstall it and install the klite codec pack (can be found here. (http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm)

{I}{K}{E}
02-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Had this problem for a long long time.

it has todo with the Divx Anti-Freeze codec.

if you uninstall that, WMM will work again :)

100%
02-12-2005, 04:19 PM
wasn't there a movie maker upgrade?

Dannny
02-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Woo! i'd sorted it out after i saw you're post, IKE... But thanks to both of you! :w00t: :happy:

{I}{K}{E}
02-12-2005, 04:34 PM
wasn't there a movie maker upgrade?

yes Windows Movie Maker 2, included in SP2

asmithz
02-13-2005, 12:20 AM
Ok try downgrading, and it wouldnt let me. Kept saying a newer version was installed, when i uninstalled it. So i tried finding the registry keys for wmp10 and it didnt help. So i reinstalled 10 and now i have a new error. It says "Can not Create DirectShow Player." I dont know what the problem is, its not a big deal but its just a bother.