PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars KOTOR 2: Tech Help

orcutt989
02-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Alright so I downloaded the MisterX and MisterY KOTOR 2 yesterday, and installed it this morning. Everything was going well, until after I created my character, and it played the opening movie of the burning ship hurdling through an asteriod field. The screen just goes black, as if to load another movie or something, but it just stays black. I thought it had something to do with the graphics, so I turned aliasing off, but to no avail. The game just stops responding, and I am forced to end the KOTOR2 task. My specs are P4 2.99 Ghz, 512 Ram, Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2, Ati X300 128mb Pci Express.

Can anyone help me out?

Peerzy
02-12-2005, 09:10 PM
Alright so I downloaded the MisterX and MisterY KOTOR 2 yesterday, and installed it this morning. Everything was going well, until after I created my character, and it played the opening movie of the burning ship hurdling through an asteriod field. The screen just goes black, as if to load another movie or something, but it just stays black. I thought it had something to do with the graphics, so I turned aliasing off, but to no avail. The game just stops responding, and I am forced to end the KOTOR2 task. My specs are P4 2.99 Ghz, 512 Ram, Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2, Ati X300 128mb Pci Express.

Can anyone help me out?

What drivers are you using (graphics)? Have you tried changing the graphics settings and resolution. BTW MisterX and MisterY did not release this, its a no group release and the MisterX and MisterY part you see at the bottem of the NFO is part of a FTP site script. The files were downloaded from the FTP topsite run by MisterX and MisterY.

EDIT: And a Pentium 4 2.99GHZ :unsure: why would Intel make a 2.99 when they could push it 10Mhz faster and call it 3Ghz :huh:

orcutt989
02-12-2005, 10:41 PM
What drivers are you using (graphics)? Have you tried changing the graphics settings and resolution. BTW MisterX and MisterY did not release this, its a no group release and the MisterX and MisterY part you see at the bottem of the NFO is part of a FTP site script. The files were downloaded from the FTP topsite run by MisterX and MisterY.

EDIT: And a Pentium 4 2.99GHZ :unsure: why would Intel make a 2.99 when they could push it 10Mhz faster and call it 3Ghz :huh:

No Idea, I just know dxdiag, and the processor box says 2.99.

Thanks for your help peerzy, Ill try changing the resolution.. :(

Okay changing resolution/graphics did nothing, just made the game look absolutely horrible. There's no way in hell im playing with 800x600 resolution. Problem not solved. KOTOR 1 worked fine for me before:(

Guyver
02-12-2005, 11:23 PM
im having sum problems also, sometime wallsdisapear and when i put the refresh rate higher than 75 i get black screens and the game crashes..

i with the people from kotor1 stuck with this game...hopefully a patch or sumthin will come soon to fix my probs :D

orcutt989
02-12-2005, 11:27 PM
im having sum problems also, sometime wallsdisapear and when i put the refresh rate higher than 75 i get black screens and the game crashes..

i with the people from kotor1 stuck with this game...hopefully a patch or sumthin will come soon to fix my probs :D

Your problem could be, because you have aliasing turned on. Turn it off if you do.

Guyver
02-12-2005, 11:31 PM
Your problem could be, because you have aliasing turned on. Turn it off if you do.

everything werks fine when i have AA4x and AF4X... at 1024X768 resoltion at 75 hertz...But as soon as i move it up to 85Hzs it getts all fucked up..meh 75 is good enough..

my specs p4 2.4ghz,gig of ram, ati radeon 9600

orcutt989
02-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Does anyone else have this black screen problem for kotor2?

And why cant you just keep the refresh rate below 75hz?

EDIT: I just read at the Obsidian KOTOR2 Tech Help forums that this game doesnt work with ATI cards yet. I also read that the music is rendered at 48kb/s... ;) Way to cheap us out Lucas. Let's not make a 5th Cd, let's just make all the music sound like shit. Hopefully a patch will come out for the ATI bug.

silent h3ro
02-13-2005, 06:19 PM
And thats y I love nVIDIA.

Peerzy
02-13-2005, 06:23 PM
I know someone who has an ATI 9200 and it works fine.

Guyver
02-13-2005, 07:33 PM
I know someone who has an ATI 9200 and it works fine.

KeyWord "Fine"...We Want it to work GR8!!
and dammit ati...

Peerzy
02-13-2005, 07:52 PM
KeyWord "Fine"...We Want it to work GR8!!
and dammit ati...

Fine as in had no problems so far. Toddiscool has an ATi 9200 and he's been playing it with no problems.

Adster
02-13-2005, 11:17 PM
I have the same card 9200 ati no problems

that black screen comes up before the movie clips wait about 15 seconds

KOTOR 1 had some ATI issues with crashes and their wasn't a patch to get around it I had to get around it myself.

it involved coping a DLL file from an old catalyst 4.1 then install the new drivers then coping that DLL back too the new drivers i had installed then it worked flawless

orcutt989
02-14-2005, 03:35 AM
I have the same card 9200 ati no problems

that black screen comes up before the movie clips wait about 15 seconds

KOTOR 1 had some ATI issues with crashes and their wasn't a patch to get around it I had to get around it myself.

it involved coping a DLL file from an old catalyst 4.1 then install the new drivers then coping that DLL back too the new drivers i had installed then it worked flawless

Yeesh. I have only read people who have the 9200, and had no problems. I already uninstalled KOTOR2, I had waited 2 minutes after the movie. And by the way, it wasnt before a movie, it was after a movie, I was waiting for it to start gameplay. I had no graphics problems with KOTOR 1. The official KOTOR 2 specs say that the x300 is compatable with the game.

Adster
02-14-2005, 04:41 AM
sorry wish I could help more

have you tryed posting in their tech forum thats where I found how to fix KOTOR 1 ati problems mayeb allot of ATI guys haveing same problems

silent h3ro
02-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Both games had problems with ATI cards? Do they have something against ATI? :rolleyes:

Guyver
02-14-2005, 07:10 PM
Both games had problems with ATI cards? Do they have something against ATI? :rolleyes:

there just retards :P

orcutt989
02-14-2005, 10:41 PM
sorry wish I could help more

have you tryed posting in their tech forum thats where I found how to fix KOTOR 1 ati problems mayeb allot of ATI guys haveing same problems

EDIT: I just read at the Obsidian KOTOR2 Tech Help forums that this game doesnt work with ATI cards yet. I also read that the music is rendered at 48kb/s... ;) Way to cheap us out Lucas. Let's not make a 5th Cd, let's just make all the music sound like shit. Hopefully a patch will come out for the ATI bug.

OKee?

slovak
02-18-2005, 05:24 PM
help im sorta stuck what do i ise to install the game with i have the same verasion the MisterX & MisterY copy / rip and deamon tools doesnt work w.ith it can any one help me please thanks

dlx
02-19-2005, 09:33 PM
i maybe have a similar problem with kotor 2 but i have a nvidia card. however the game works fine actually, but the screen goes black and reports no signal when videos are played - this already starts at the intro - the first thing i see is the loading screen...i've tried every possible combination of resolutions and frequencies but that didn't work and i have no clue what could cause that...

would be cool if you guys could help me with that because i'd very much like to see those damn videos :)

thx in advance

dlx

orcutt989
02-21-2005, 04:45 AM
ATI Card users ((Except 9200)) Go to ATI, and install latest driver package. There was an update on Feb 9th, for my card, and now KOTOR 2 works. Cool game. The black screen problem is fixed.

slovak
02-21-2005, 05:49 AM
can some one help me install this game? i have no install log though i have all the cd's on pc and is it a problem if all the files are same sized on each cd can someone help me plz :(

Adster
02-21-2005, 06:22 AM
ummm whats yoru problem instaling??

where did you dl it from no they shouldn't be all the same size

slovak
02-22-2005, 07:05 AM
i got it off the piret bay bit torrent site, any clue where i can get a workn version?

orcutt989
02-22-2005, 12:25 PM
Torrentspy.com

Cronomagus
02-24-2005, 01:13 AM
Hey, I'm sorry if I'm reviving a dead topic, but I've got a question.

I got this game from thepiratebay, and installed it without problem (except a minor mixup with my virtual drives, but that was quickly resolved.) However, now the game won't run. I can get the prompt screen with "game," "update," etc, but when I try to start the game, it says "wrong disc inserted." I don't seem to be able to run it off my virtual drives, and since disc 1 appeared to be the play disc (as it was asked for during installation,) I tried using that, to no avail. I even burned my image of disc 1, and tried to run it from C drive, but no dice. Looking through my folders, there's no crack file that I can see, and the .nfo says only "copy /crack" over. Am I missing an important file if all I have is the .### files, the .SFVs, the .NFOs, and the .RAR archives?

oblivshaen
02-25-2005, 09:50 PM
EDIT: nevermind, i just needed to use winRar.

I'm rather new to this sort of thing, but I have the same version that you guys seem to have installed successfully and I'm not sure how to do it.

The only directions included say "copy/crack over". I'm confused.

I've used .bin files before to make copies of CD's but this seems to be a different kind of thing. There are folders labeled "CD1, CD2" etc. and they contain a strange files. There are files called things like "kotr2a.001" and one "kotr2.sfa" file. Should I just burn these files directly onto a CD or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

oblivshaen
02-25-2005, 11:08 PM
oops, accidentally made a 2nd post.

maggotX
03-31-2005, 01:02 PM
Heya. Im haveing the same problem as oblivshaen, well sorta im all installed here but I cant work out how to run it, im getting the wrong disk error, and i cant find the crack.. somone take pity on a newb? PS I looked around for ever for a no cd crack but nothing substantial.

Adster
03-31-2005, 11:47 PM
let me just say WORST ending ever!!!!!

Formula1
04-01-2005, 12:58 AM
Does anyone else have this black screen problem for kotor2?

And why cant you just keep the refresh rate below 75hz?

I download kotor 2 from ET the other day. And once i tried starting the game, i got the black screen, and i got the "send error report window". I downloaded kotor 1 and i had the exact same problem, so then i changed the referesh rate to 75, so then after creating a character and try to start the game, i get the black screen error again...