PDA

View Full Version : Whats with this forum?

Expire
02-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Ok its like this, ive been with this forum for fucking ages and i cant belive how much its died. Ill always check this forum out and even post here but really...what the hell happened?

I can say one thing, they seems of be alot of people wanting to argue and correct people in a messed up way quite alot.

anyways like a said ill always c whats happening here but sommet needs doing b4 this place totally dies which whould be a shame.

Just thought i say that, cheers

{I}{K}{E}
02-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Ok its like this, ive been with this forum for fucking ages and i cant belive how much its died

Ages :lol: 1 year.

190 posts in 1 year isnt much, why dont you start posting more? :)

We worked hard on it lately and now more and more new people sign up.

420 different members check this forum every day.
We have 850 new posts every day (average)
We have 59 new threads every day (average)

We almost always have 100+ guests online.

muchspl2
02-12-2005, 11:42 PM
100+ guests online.
yea that about useless to us, the MEMBERS
sure its good for revenue for rookie (adsense) but for us it sucks

{I}{K}{E}
02-12-2005, 11:43 PM
yea that about useless to us, the MEMBERS
sure its good for revenue for rookie (adsense) but for us it sucks

but 20+ of them sign up every day ;)

peat moss
02-12-2005, 11:48 PM
Sad to say . Hope you really don't feel that way. Its like a magazine rack , you find what you want. Then you put it back . Thats not what we are looking for in a member. Contribute and have some fun , hopefuly we all learn. We share yes , but I like to think we give so much more ...... :)

100%
02-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Well said - it is indeed amazing the transformation

but

sadly so, you may have to acknowledge the hemorrhage

and

develop the vision for the new.

{I}{K}{E}
02-12-2005, 11:53 PM
i've added some new sections in the last couple of month's. but I currently have no new ideas on how to improve this forum.

If you have an idea on how we can make this forum better please post it :)

(dont mention the 'website' (http://filesharingtalk.com) I cannot change that)

Expire
02-12-2005, 11:55 PM
Ages :lol: 1 year!

190 posts in 1 year isnt much, why dont you start posting more? :)

We worked hard on it lately and now more and more new people sign up.

420 different members check this forum every day.
We have 850 new posts every day (avarage)
We have 59 new threads every day (avarage)

We almost always have 100+ guests online.

:frusty:

errr...u look at 1 year like it nothing.
I think that staying loyal to a forum for 1 year is a big fucking contribute.

anywayz i respect u and whoever helps the forum...i wasent being funny.

100%
02-13-2005, 12:00 AM
-
Don't you think it is frustrating for all those that know?

edit: yes, blame trend.

Virtualbody1234
02-13-2005, 12:02 AM
Ok its like this, ive been with this forum for fucking ages and i cant belive how much its died. Ill always check this forum out and even post here but really...what the hell happened?

I can say one thing, they seems of be alot of people wanting to argue and correct people in a messed up way quite alot.

anyways like a said ill always c whats happening here but sommet needs doing b4 this place totally dies which whould be a shame.

Just thought i say that, cheers
Post more and if we get even more new members that post then things will get back to what it once was.

It cannot die if there are members posting.

Btw. You average about 4 posts per week.

Expire
02-13-2005, 12:03 AM
well thats true...

peat moss
02-13-2005, 12:06 AM
errr...u look at 1 year like it nothing.
I think that staying loyal to a forum for 1 year is a big fucking contribute.

anywayz i respect u and whoever helps the forum...i wasent being funny.

Your a good member . Who gives a rats ass about , your time on this board ? Some post info ,that fixes a problem only to be never heard of again . :)

tesco
02-13-2005, 12:10 AM
because from around last summer until november or christmas time there was very little being done to the forum so less and less guests were coming to the forum, and more members were leaving because they were getting annoyed.

but it's getting better now and soon it should get pretty busy again...i hope.

Virtualbody1234
02-13-2005, 12:12 AM
Yeah. It looks like it's getting better.

peat moss
02-13-2005, 12:29 AM
Yeah. It looks like it's getting better.

Ya I think so VB , some like you that put so much time and effort in to it .Makes a community . Even some who give the wrong adivce , while meaning well and get flamed for it, are the strenght of any forum. ;)

100%
02-13-2005, 01:53 AM
muerto

Virtualbody1234
02-13-2005, 02:19 AM
Ya I think so VB , some like you that put so much time and effort in to it .Makes a community . Even some who give the wrong adivce , while meaning well and get flamed for it, are the strenght of any forum. ;)
Thanks for the complement. But you participate quite a lot too. :)

Adster
02-13-2005, 04:04 AM
I don't think its dieing really but it has never really recovered form the forum downtime in August of 2003 lost allot of great members from that time

that good old temporary forum we had for 2 weeks!!! ahhh!!!!

Jayhawk
02-16-2005, 09:51 PM
i dont post anymore but i look on the forum alot when i get bored at some topics to help me that is the main reason i stay is to see all the helpfull posts

sArA
02-16-2005, 10:20 PM
i dont post anymore but i look on the forum alot when i get bored at some topics to help me that is the main reason i stay is to see all the helpfull posts

Ha ha!! :cool2: caught ya! :)

Seriously though, the forum is definately picking up. There are still the slow times, but the more people post, the more active the forum gets and so on.

Saying that, I've been here a while, and still have less than 2000 posts....but I lurk a lot and make up the numbers... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jayhawk
02-16-2005, 10:32 PM
i was looking and i have been here a long time almost 2 years (it says august but i really joined in febrauary 03 but had some issues :S)

sArA
02-16-2005, 10:39 PM
Well, I hope you pop in and post occasionally from now on....its a bit like Pringles... :lol:

Jayhawk
02-21-2005, 04:08 PM
maybe i am a pringle .... ever think of that

Adster
02-21-2005, 11:25 PM
I made 6k posts in about 4 months the next 2k has taken about a year (Also joined in February had some issues :lol: ) just see my sig and see

sArA
02-22-2005, 03:25 AM
But still here.....which is nice.... :)

Jayhawk
02-22-2005, 10:23 PM
here but not furious :(

RealitY
02-23-2005, 05:07 AM
Ive spent some time packing Guides and such as torrents with links to the forum as well as other apps and addons with assisitants from current members. This has generated thousands, at my closest estimates around 15,000 plus, of new views to the forum and will continue to do more as I can. It seems that it has had made a difference as there seem to be more Guests and an increase in new signups also although its still a little quiet compared to times in the past. When the KLF link in KL++ was dumped it knocked the sites hits in half overnight and will take some effort to make up the loss so any constructive ideas are more than welcome...

rookiecrd1
02-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Reality, thanks for all the work :)

Every bit helps. The archive is bringing in about 1000 guests per day now. Now if we could just get them to stick around, the traffic will gradually build up as the member base does.

Brian :)

sparsely
02-23-2005, 05:35 PM
you heard em all!
get smammin, b00n! :01: