PDA

View Full Version : IPod Battery

numba1xclusive
02-14-2005, 02:40 AM
Does anyone here know anything about the rumors/stories of Ipod Batteries dying in a year?I'm tryin to figure out which player I should get.

sameer0807
02-14-2005, 02:46 AM
Does anyone here know anything about the rumors/stories of Ipod Batteries dying in a year?I'm tryin to figure out which player I should get.

yep i have also heard abt that. Although I'm not certain, that batteries dies after only 1 yr. I think its more then a yr. and batteries cost $$$ alot!

Virtualbody1234
02-14-2005, 02:51 AM
Yup. I heard it was 18 months or something like that. The battery isn't user replacable.

There is a guy who made a video about his campaign advertising the lousy problem.

Edit: I found the link. http://www.ipodsdirtysecret.com/

Peerzy
02-14-2005, 03:13 AM
My friend asked me the sell his 19 month Ipod on ebay a month ago, i asked why he said that the battery lasted less than an hour on a full charge. He knew nothing about the rumers nor had i told him about them untill it happened to him. His was a 3rd gen ipod. He sold it on Ebay for £200 (thats incl P&P) and he brought the super Sony HD-W3 :D

tesco
02-14-2005, 03:48 AM
they changed the price of the battery replacement to about half of what it was (i think it's 50bucks now).
It should last more than 1 year with normal use. If it dies it is user changeable, but pretty hard to do (the casing isn't meant to be oepned by the customer, but very possible) and teh abttery is still pretty expensive.

numba1xclusive
02-14-2005, 04:02 AM
so I went to apple.com, and a couple other sites. I realized that buying an extended warranty would do better than waiting for "Doomsday".Thanx for the help.

Virtualbody1234
02-14-2005, 04:03 AM
they changed the price of the battery replacement to about half of what it was (i think it's 50bucks now).
It should last more than 1 year with normal use. If it dies it is user changeable, but pretty hard to do (the casing isn't meant to be oepned by the customer, but very possible) and teh abttery is still pretty expensive.
Replaceable only by technically able people. And the price is higher from Apple.

mogadishu
02-14-2005, 05:12 AM
i thought they fixed this problem with the new ipods...

Peerzy
02-14-2005, 11:29 AM
so I went to apple.com, and a couple other sites. I realized that buying an extended warranty would do better than waiting for "Doomsday".Thanx for the help.

After all the complaints and everything i would check if that warrenty says anything about the battery.

numba1xclusive
02-15-2005, 02:17 AM
After all the complaints and everything i would check if that warrenty says anything about the battery.

Yea it covers it.. I got another question for u guys...in ur opinion, Ipod Vs. Creative Zen, which one is better and y?

kazaa2002
02-15-2005, 02:18 AM

take a look at zen micro
http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=10795

It is a real nice unit, and my pkg came with a 2nd rechargable battery
can fit good mp3 selection on 5gb