PDA

View Full Version : Napster Trick ~ free music for 14 days ~

muchspl2
02-14-2005, 05:05 AM
Popular hack to get unprotected, free music for 14 days

Directions
warlock1711 of club.cdfreaks.com first described this method. By using napster's 14 day free trial and winamp to bypass the DRM, you can get a ton of free music.

1. Download and install winamp
2. Download and install Output Stacker for winamp
3. Download and install Napster
4. You will need to upgrade from napster light and register for the free trial which includes inputting your credit card information.
5. Use napster to download and download
6. Configure winamp and output stacker with the following:

- in winamp click options menu
- click preferences
- click plug-ins
- click output
- click Dietmar's Output Stacker
- click the configure button
- add out_ds.dll from winamp's plug-ins folder
- add out_disk.dll from winamp's plug-ins folder
- select out_disk.dll in the output stacker plug-in and select Configure
- set the output directory
- set the output file mode to Force WAV file

7. Play the protected WMA files in winamp
8. As each file is played, an unprotected wave file will be created in the output directory
9. These *.wav files can be burned straight to a music CD or ripped to MP3s.
10. Remember to turn off this plug in after you are done as EVERYTHING played through winamp will generate a raw *.wav file.
11. Before 2 weeks are over, cancel napster (if you wish)

- In Napster click the My Account menu
- Click Account Status
- Click Cancel Free Trial
- Confirm

http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_tips832.html

sparsely
02-14-2005, 05:29 AM
or...

1. Use Ares :D

lee551
02-14-2005, 05:32 AM
it'd be cool if i didnt have to give out credit card nfo. :no:

sameer0807
02-14-2005, 05:54 AM
it'd be cool if i didnt have to give out credit card nfo. :no:

yup...that's what i was thinkin too.
What if you downloaded songs for 14 days, and then one day in your credit card statement you found out that you have been actually charged for all those songs that you downloaded...then you are so fucked!

muchspl2
02-14-2005, 05:56 AM
yup...that's what i was thinkin too.
What if you downloaded songs for 14 days, and then one day in your credit card statement you found out that you have been actually charged for all those songs that you downloaded...then you are so fucked!
that wouldn't happen

bigdawgfoxx
02-14-2005, 06:17 AM
or you could just get on kazaa lite or soulseek or winmx and download it...

I the end I
02-14-2005, 09:50 PM
What's the point? Isn't this illegal technically too? So why go through the trouble?

lee551
02-14-2005, 11:56 PM
i guess its just a good "f-u" to them for trying to make the files locked or "protected" or whatever. :music:

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-15-2005, 04:06 AM
What's the point? Isn't this illegal technically too? So why go through the trouble?
everything we do is technically illegal, this is just another way to do it. Its nice to see enterprising people finding more ways to steal shit and pass it along..............Its the human thing to do :P

SingaBoiy
02-15-2005, 04:11 AM
I would do this but I dont have a CC.

It would be good doing this instead of Ares/WinMX/etc... cause these are 100% non-fake files ;)

Plus I think they are good quality.

Adster
02-15-2005, 09:25 AM
fuck that i don't even have a credit card anyway

SingaBoiy
02-16-2005, 04:21 AM
I just installed Napster... it has the option to use PayPal... will this method still work using PayPal?

Looks like they removed the plugin from their site... I cant find a link for it anywhere :(

asmithz
02-16-2005, 08:04 AM
It works, but really lame way to get music. Very quick tho, i give it that. :)

SingaBoiy
02-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Kicks ass. Getting all the songs @ 500 kB/s. Just let them encode overnight and burn em tomorrow :)

Has stuff I have never been able to find. If you dont have a credit card, use a PayPal account. Thats what I did.

I have uploaded the needed plugin if anyone needs it... click here. (http://s118442771.onlinehome.us/pcstuff/Output_Stacker.exe)

asmithz
02-16-2005, 08:44 PM
If you have a credit card and paypal, you might be able to sign up twice :p

Wolfmight
02-16-2005, 11:38 PM
hell, just use emule (correct the setting for routers) and download the songs you want. Then try connecting to different servers waiting about 3 seconds each.. connect...connect.. also connect to KAD. This whole process normally gets most songs around 30-200 resources. Faster than Kazaa at that point.

SingaBoiy
02-17-2005, 04:06 AM
hell, just use emule (correct the setting for routers) and download the songs you want. Then try connecting to different servers waiting about 3 seconds each.. connect...connect.. also connect to KAD. This whole process normally gets most songs around 30-200 resources. Faster than Kazaa at that point.
Hmm... downloads that starts instantly and use all your bandwith w/o having to configure anything compared to long queu lines and slow d/l while having to configue everything...

I dont know... sounds like a toughy to me... :P

asmithz
02-17-2005, 08:18 AM
wtf is license server error? I am getting it out of nowhere :(

rageagainst
02-17-2005, 09:33 PM
hi gus, need some help please. My problem:

whenever i try and play the drm wma file in winamp, it doesnt do anything. just sits there. i have done all the things your meant to with out_disk.dll etc. when i try to play a file it auto takes me to this page http://windowsmedia.com/wmrm/wmrm.asp
this does work for downloaded music eh? im really confused to why this dont work. everytime i boot winamp i get a pre nag screen saying " the file you selected is not a valid winamp output plugin" i OK and winamp loads. so im not sure if it this thats cuasing the problems or what. i have tried 2 or 3 differnt output stackers, same thing happens. any ideas?

also, when ever i config out_disk.dll to force wav its always reset the next time i try it, as in the out_disk.dll files etc are no longer shown in the dietmars output stacker plug in.

SingaBoiy
02-17-2005, 10:44 PM
With the first screen you get.... what version of WM Player do you have?

Adster
02-17-2005, 11:49 PM
blah

rageagainst
02-18-2005, 12:08 AM
With the first screen you get.... what version of WM Player do you have?

wmp10. i even downloaded the latest verion today in case it was that! i take it your not meant to get that " the file you selected is not a valid winamp output plugin" message then?

rageagainst
02-19-2005, 09:57 PM
thanks to Joe from club.cdfreaks.com for this one. :)

Alright guys here it is. The newest and fastest way to convert your drm wma's to mp3 format. Yes it is faster than using winamp. On my computer it takes about 1 min. to convert one drm wma file to mp3 format(note i am running winamp in the backround and also a antivirus. and also my computer is only 900mgz and 256 mb ram, so it will be much faster for you the better the computer you have.) the downfall to this is you cannot do anything else while vertuosa(yes i said vertuosa, it works like a charm with a little modificaion)is running in the backround. Follow these steps and you will be jamming your legal backup copies of your songs in your car and on your house system.

1. download virtuosa v5.0 you can get it here
http://www.download.com/3000-2167-10018979.html

2. download the lame 3.97a7 zip file found about halfway down this page:
http://www.filemirrors.com/search.src?file=lame3
note: get the lame 3.97a7 zip folder that is about .58mb, if there is more than one, just pick one

3. Install virtuosa v5.0

4. open up virtuosa system folder, the one found on C: drive>program files>virtuosa

5.once you have opened the program file, double click the plugins folder, then once in there double click the MpgL3 folder, you should see a lame dll file in there.

6. unzip the lame 3.97a7 file you downloaded

7. right click on the lame dll file found in the zip file and hit copy

8. go back to the Mpgl3 folder and paste the new lame dll file in there. it will say file already exist do you want to replace, and you will say yes.

9. close everything out and start up virtuosa 5.0

10. BAM!!!! import the tracks you want to convert. click on the first track that you imported located in the movies and audio database located on the right side of the virtuosa media player screen. then scroll down to the last song in the database. click on this while holding down shift. this will highlight all of your songs in the database.

11. right click on the highlighted area. and hit convert and replace.

12. an options box will appear, change the output format to mp3 then hit advance.

13. use the constant bitrate and set your bitrate to whatever you want. i use 128 and it works, i havnt tried it with any other bitrate.

14. check the box support ID2v2 tags(as im assuming this will tag the song when it is converted)hit the checkmark, then hit the next checkmark and give it some time to start up. once it starts up it is smooth sailing. Dont get frustrated if it dont start right away, as the more songs you have highlighted the longer it will take to start up. but like i said once it starts there is no stopping it. Like i said it takes about 1 minute on my computer, with nothing running and a 2.0ghz computer i bet it does take 20 seconds. This sure beats the winamp way. as you can convert 5 to 1 using virtuosa.

note: when right clicking the highlighted area and hitting convert and replace, this will automatically replace your wma to mp3 in its original folder. Now i have heard that there is some kind of problem with napster in doing that, it might mess up the napster program. so i would recomend making a new folder and when you right click the highlighted area to convert and replace, instead of convert and replace use the option convert.. and convert them to the new folder you made.

Harsh!
02-19-2005, 10:06 PM
Why would anybody download or have in there possession DRM files anyways?..
Everybody I know just steers clear of that crap

rageagainst
02-19-2005, 10:54 PM
Why would anybody download or have in there possession DRM files anyways?..
Everybody I know just steers clear of that crap
eh, probably because you can download at light speed from napster for free. and napster has just about any album you can imagine. using my method above is just the same as if you were ripping a wav to mp3. its very quick and very easy.

asmithz
02-20-2005, 04:21 AM
eh, probably because you can download at light speed from napster for free. and napster has just about any album you can imagine. using my method above is just the same as if you were ripping a wav to mp3. its very quick and very easy.

Yeah i have gotton 600 songs in 2 nights, and it keeps going. 600kb/s each song :) The method you gave me takes less then 20sec for wach song, so this is great. I love how you can search and the song theres that you want, and the album. I have found bands i never heard of, and songs from bands i do know. Way better then any other way of getting music. Sounds bad, but i would be willing to pay for napster :p

namzuf9
02-22-2005, 09:13 PM
I gotta say I'm loving this Napster free trial too. I've found a lot of old stuff that I could'nt get anywhere else (inculding the record shops).
And with the method rageagainst posted I can save them to good quality mp3 for my player. :D
I hate to say it but I may also suscribe....

novacaine
02-26-2005, 06:36 AM
I'm having some trouble with this trick as of late. It worked fine for the first couple of days but now winamp won't convert any of my files. I've tried un-installing and re-installing winamp as well as the plug-in and it didn't fix anything. If it was just a couple of songs that weren't converting then I would say its the files but since none of them convert I am lead to believe that something is wrong. I also tried the virtuosa trick but virtuosa won't install on my computer. I keep getting some weird error message.

Djtima
02-26-2005, 09:19 AM
thats just stupid... why not just get anyother P2P fileshaing program with-out the BS...

asmithz
02-26-2005, 10:34 AM
I'm having some trouble with this trick as of late. It worked fine for the first couple of days but now winamp won't convert any of my files. I've tried un-installing and re-installing winamp as well as the plug-in and it didn't fix anything. If it was just a couple of songs that weren't converting then I would say its the files but since none of them convert I am lead to believe that something is wrong. I also tried the virtuosa trick but virtuosa won't install on my computer. I keep getting some weird error message.

Did you see the post by rageagainst? It explains how to convert them without winamp and faster. Winamps new version, i think fixed that xploit.

@Djtima,

It becuase you cant find everything on a p2p client, plus its slower. I get 600kb/s and i have found every song i can think of. Even bands that arnt that know, that you cant get on p2p.

novacaine
02-26-2005, 08:58 PM
Yes I saw the post by rageagainst, but when I try to install virtuosa I get this error message. "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32|AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application."

asmithz
02-27-2005, 12:04 PM
Make a back up, override with this

http://www.ggtorrent.com/AUTOEXEC.NT

Try to install it, then put the back up back.

rageagainst
02-27-2005, 04:08 PM
yeah, use my method! its not hard

novacaine
02-27-2005, 10:45 PM
"Make a back up, override with this

http://www.ggtorrent.com/AUTOEXEC.NT

Try to install it, then put the back up back."

Ok do I back up the virtuosa install file and if so how do I override it? Sorry but I'm really a noob and have no clue as to what to do?

asmithz
02-28-2005, 04:04 AM
Backup the AUTOEXEC.NT, put my AUTOEXEC.NT over the origanal AUTOEXEC.NT, run the install, then put back the backup AUTOEXEC.NT back where it was. I dont know if it will work but its worth try.

novacaine
02-28-2005, 07:44 AM
Well I tried it but I still got the error message.

namzuf9
02-28-2005, 08:09 PM
I've had this problem before nova, this fix worked for me.
clicky (http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:yY8j9SlLsaIJ:www.datadoctors.com/help/questions/question.cfm%3Fid%3D16048+C:%5CWINDOWS%5CSYSTEM32%7CAUTOEXEC.NT+ms&hl=en&client=firefox-a)

beerGod
03-03-2005, 09:07 PM
Does it matter which service you sign up for with napster?... the 9 dollar one or the 15 dollar one

david622
03-03-2005, 09:52 PM
don't have a cc :(

namzuf9
03-03-2005, 10:57 PM
Napster accept paypal if you've got an account.

beerGod
03-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Does it matter which service you sign up for with napster?... the 9 dollar one or the 15 dollar one

namzuf9
03-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Could anyone point me to where I can get Virtousa 5.0 and Lame 3.97a7?
I was using them but I had to reformat and I forgot to back em up. Now I can only find the later versions of Virtousa that have been patched. :(

NandoIsWierd
06-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Hey i just tried register with napster , but i read something that sorta scared me. It said in small letters below the application im supposed to fill out "you will be billed for every song or service you purchase". its a bad quote , but it still sounds just like what i read......can i still download all the crap i want or will i be charged per download? anyways i do have a cc , and im more than willing to download any songs and send em to anyone here....or there....just help me help others :01: :naughty: :wacko:

NandoIsWierd
06-05-2005, 12:36 AM
well i just tried to convert my napster songs into normal mp3s and ....well......virtuosa said i cant convert the damn files because they're copy protected or copy righted :lookaroun :angry:

asmithz
06-05-2005, 01:15 AM
Yep, cuase they fixed exploit. That was along time ago.

NandoIsWierd
06-05-2005, 01:39 AM
ok i just read at techrecipes that this urmmmm :ermm: uhhhh fix for the napster wma files , is dead or outdated...some shiz like that......can i redownload napster and not accept the update , maybe their update mmmm prevents this fix from working.... :wacko:

asmithz
06-05-2005, 01:49 AM
nope, its done with :-/

wrinnkles
06-06-2005, 05:40 AM
napster is super sketch

NandoIsWierd
06-06-2005, 04:25 PM
dang it , theres some info at Doom9 , supposedly there's this japanese person who can ummmm get rid of the protection thingy in the wma/drm files..... but i guess ill cancel the darn subscription with napster then....anyone know where i could recieve a free trial to download music? i know about e-music...but they dont have enough music i like :(

fsusr
06-14-2005, 01:12 AM
free trial needed a cc so :/
but who wants to just keep the files on your pc? that sucks

muchspl3
06-14-2005, 04:02 AM
if you seriously want to pay for music then I support allofmp3.com