PDA

View Full Version : Problem with computer

NeoTheOne
02-15-2005, 12:14 AM
well i have nothing to do so i thought if id revive my old computer to run linux on it but the problem is thta it doesnt start up

It was fine oned day then the next day i wake up try to turn it on and noting happens so i put in the boot disk and nothing happens i herd by on eof my dads friends that the hard drive got curropted and its not opening but if the hdd is curopted wont the bios run ? but it doesnt nothing happpens any idea hardware guru's

Virtualbody1234
02-15-2005, 12:18 AM
Nothing? Is it pluged in and turned on?

NeoTheOne
02-15-2005, 12:20 AM
yea obviously , i thought the power supply was deaed so from my other computer i used the power supoply and still nothing i htought the otir was dead use the other computers and still nothing so yea its lik a big paperweight anyway to make it from paperweight to computer

silent h3ro
02-15-2005, 12:56 AM
Hmmm are all the components in the case?

Virtualbody1234
02-15-2005, 01:58 AM
yea obviously , i thought the power supply was deaed so from my other computer i used the power supoply and still nothing i htought the otir was dead use the other computers and still nothing so yea its lik a big paperweight anyway to make it from paperweight to computer
Could you please read your post before pressing the [Submit Reply] button? Check for typos. It's hard to understand your posts.

tesco
02-15-2005, 02:21 AM
use punctuation...there's really no way to tell apart your sentences.

Make sure the power button on the front of the case is connected..

Virtualbody1234
02-15-2005, 03:06 AM
Make sure the power button on the front of the case is connected..
Make sure the power switch is on at the back (power supply) before pressing the front power button.

NeoTheOne
02-28-2005, 04:39 AM
yea its on but it still wont turn on