PDA

View Full Version : jose canseco's an assbag

fkdup74
02-15-2005, 04:46 AM
debate..... :P
in an '03 interview he wouldnt admit anything....
he just kept saying "read the book"
in other words...."BUY my book"
he's a j-bird trying to come out of the gutter, no more no less
even though some good may come of his actions....
baseball may finally crack down on steroids....
he's still an assbag IMO

Busyman
02-15-2005, 11:23 AM
He is an assbag but I think what he says is true about some of the other baseball players and MLB in general.

Baseball has profited dearly from steroids...indirectly.

fkdup74
02-15-2005, 01:00 PM
He is an assbag but I think what he says is true about some of the other baseball players and MLB in general.

Baseball has profited dearly from steroids...indirectly.

yeah no doubt that some of players he named have done it, but...
not 80% like he claims, last round of tests showed what? 5% dirty?
there is no way that 75% of the league cleaned up for a test
more would have been caught, i would almost garuntee it
but say another 5% got clean for the tests, that only makes about 10%
(yeah still an alarmingly high number IMO, but far from canseco's statement)

adn if he wanted to make his claims more believable...
he wouldnt have tried to sell a book behind his claims
that shit is SOOOO cliche these days :P

Busyman
02-15-2005, 01:17 PM
yeah no doubt that some of players he named have done it, but...
not 80% like he claims, last round of tests showed what? 5% dirty?

adn if he wanted to make his claims more believable...
he wouldnt have tried to sell a book behind his claims
that shit is SOOOO cliche these days :P
Well he can't know it's 80% anyway.

He just thinks steroids are as widespread as tobacco.

I believe him to an extent. How did babseball get this all of a sudden "jump" in stats en masse. Baseball was going downhill and steroids helped bring it back.

That much isn't pretty hard to figure out.

Barry Bonds is a notable exception. He was putting up the numbers before his home run record.

j2k4
02-16-2005, 12:58 AM
Steroids should have been banned long ago, and any verifiably tainted records should be expunged.

Canseco is an assbag, as you say; so much so that I feel, even if he's not lying, he is wrong merely for opening up his big, fat mouth.

Truth or not, his allegations are beside the point; his credibility left him long ago,
and such people should somehow be legally estopped from ever commenting on any subject for publication.

He should be allowed to speak only from the sanctuary afforded by his favorite barstool.

I do not care for Jose Canseco.

Busyman
02-16-2005, 01:57 AM
Steroids should have been banned long ago, and any verifiably tainted records should be expunged.

Canseco is an assbag, as you say; so much so that I feel, even if he's not lying, he is wrong merely for opening up his big, fat mouth.

Truth or not, his allegations are beside the point; his credibility left him long ago,
and such people should somehow be legally estopped from ever commenting on any subject for publication.

He should be allowed to speak only from the sanctuary afforded by his favorite barstool.

I do not care for Jose Canseco.
Me either but...

What he says can't be ignored just like Bonds and Balco aren't ignored. :dry:

j2k4
02-16-2005, 04:04 AM
Me either but...

What he says can't be ignored just like Bonds and Balco aren't ignored. :dry:

Quite right, though I assume I am safe in ignoring the frothings of baseball's own village idiot?

Others may do as they like with such "evidence" as he purports to have witnessed, as long as I can blow a few nice raspberries from the peanut gallery.

BTW-

I find I can still enjoy watching a game of baseball without paying attention to names or teams; in fact, I may enjoy it more these days, as I am once again watching technique, mechanics and strategy, as I did in my playing and coaching days.

College ball doesn't get enough TV coverage, I don't think.

RPerry
02-16-2005, 04:51 AM
Well he can't know it's 80% anyway.

He just thinks steroids are as widespread as tobacco.

I believe him to an extent. How did babseball get this all of a sudden "jump" in stats en masse. Baseball was going downhill and steroids helped bring it back.

That much isn't pretty hard to figure out.

Barry Bonds is a notable exception. He was putting up the numbers before his home run record.

This is somewhat a bother for me. if you check the statistics, Bonds was a 30 a year homerun hitter in what should have been his prime, with age, he seems to have got stronger. McGwire hit 49 homeruns his rookie season, which has always made me believe Big Macs record was legit. With Conseco's book release, I now find out even he might have been juiced. This is truly sad for me, I may never again watch a proffesional baseball game.
I'll say it again, in light of Pete Rose, and Shoeless Joe Jackson, these players should be banned, and their records tossed out, if it is proven they were using steroids.

Busyman
02-16-2005, 05:55 AM
This is somewhat a bother for me. if you check the statistics, Bonds was a 30 a year homerun hitter in what should have been his prime, with age, he seems to have got stronger. McGwire hit 49 homeruns his rookie season, which has always made me believe Big Macs record was legit. With Conseco's book release, I now find out even he might have been juiced. This is truly sad for me, I may never again watch a proffesional baseball game.
I'll say it again, in light of Pete Rose, and Shoeless Joe Jackson, these players should be banned, and their records tossed out, if it is proven they were using steroids.
I never bought that Mark McGwire only used androstendione.. :unsure: fuck it...andro.

Bonds would be crazy to be on steroids now...yet he still kicks ass.

Baseball is boring anyway. We just got a team, The Nationals, so I'm getting season tickets............to sell.

I might go to 3 or 4 games to chill out but I'm bringin' my Aerobed. :sleep:

3RA1N1AC
02-16-2005, 10:18 AM
well. don't the claims actually go that pro athletes are typically using "designer steroids" (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&c2coff=1&q=%22designer+steroids%22&btnG=Search) which are yet to be identified and classified as illegal drugs, as well as masking agents to confuse the tests? surely if a person is risking his major league baseball career on steroids, he's not going to use the old stuff that shows up easily in drug tests.

kooliO
02-16-2005, 06:20 PM
well, i don't think canseco has any credibility but i think its pretty obvious that half the league is on roids. The league just doesn't want to get its image tainted, thats why they try to hide the facts that bonds and co. are on steroids. Its just sad that such "revelation" if you will had to come from someone such as jose canseco but it is true nonetheless.
By the way, i just noticed that in the front cover of his book, he is wearing the blue jays unis. Any publicity is good publicity :D

j2k4
02-16-2005, 09:35 PM
well. don't the claims actually go that pro athletes are typically using "designer steroids" (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&c2coff=1&q=%22designer+steroids%22&btnG=Search) which are yet to be identified and classified as illegal drugs, as well as masking agents to confuse the tests? surely if a person is risking his major league baseball career on steroids, he's not going to use the old stuff that shows up easily in drug tests.

I'm sure, with their money, they would go for the latest, greatest version of their drug of choice, but remember:

Baseball had no stipulation against steroid use until now; absurdly, andro was banned, but the issue of steroids never got out of the blocks due to the players' union.

They had no real reason to fear being caught aside from the bad publicity.

fkdup74
02-17-2005, 03:01 AM
but the issue of steroids never got out of the blocks due to the players' union.

yes and thats a sad, sad fact :(
all about the money i guess...
to hell with integrity :dry:

j2k4
02-17-2005, 09:03 PM
yes and thats a sad, sad fact :(
all about the money i guess...
to hell with integrity :dry:

Truer words were never spoken.;)

And these assholes have the nerve to bang on about the fans' cynicism.

Amazing.

BTW-FKDUP74

Have you been absent?

I've wondered. :huh:

fkdup74
02-17-2005, 09:56 PM
BTW-FKDUP74

Have you been absent?

I've wondered. :huh:

yeah i had been out for a while, now been back for a while,
been goin crazy all the while :blink: :P
wasnt much interested in the sports section for like, all of football season...
the niners sucked too bad :lol: :(

j2k4
02-17-2005, 10:09 PM
yeah i had been out for a while, now been back for a while,
been goin crazy all the while :blink: :P
wasnt much interested in the sports section for like, all of football season...
the niners sucked too bad :lol: :(

Hey, more of those truer words, eh?:D

Yeah, I felt bad for 'em-for me, the Packers were quite a disappointment, too.

And the Brownies dumped Garcia, and the Bills waived Bledsoe (I guess they must really be sold on J.P. Losman, huh?)!!

Should be an interesting off-season.

I wonder if Bledsoe will end up in Dallas with the Big Tuna again?

fkdup74
02-18-2005, 01:25 AM
I wonder if Bledsoe will end up in Dallas with the Big Tuna again?

someone had mentioned that
think it was in slsk chat, cant remember
so it may be possible, though i dont know the source that was quoted

but i cant be bothered with buffalo's woes...
san fran has enough of thier own :lol:
rumor is they wanna draft a QB...
when they cant even protect the ones they have :dry:
and i had higher hopes for nolan and the crew he's bringing in :(

j2k4
02-18-2005, 02:50 AM
but i cant be bothered with buffalo's woes...
san fran has enough of thier own :lol:
rumor is they wanna draft a QB...
when they cant even protect the ones they have :dry:
and i had higher hopes for nolan and the crew he's bringing in :(

Hey, it's got to be better than it's been; things have already been improved 1000% by dumping Erickson-I still can't believe they hired him to begin with.

I think they're going to try for Holmgren somewhere down the road; just you wait. ;)