PDA

View Full Version : Buying a used Printer. Installation CD?

sameer0807
02-15-2005, 07:28 AM
Hello,

I'm going to buy a used Printer (Cannon, model # I dunno). The printer doesn't come with the installation disk.

My question is, how I'm going to install the Cannon Printer on my PC without a installation disk?

Please advice

Rip The Jacker
02-15-2005, 07:33 AM
You can usually download the printer drivers and software from the manufacturers website. All you have to do is figure out what the model number is. I lost my HP All-in-One printer's installation CD, so I got the drivers/software from HP.com.

sameer0807
02-15-2005, 07:37 AM
You can usually download the printer drivers and software from the manufacturers website. All you have to do is figure out what the model number is. I lost my HP All-in-One printer's installation CD, so I got the drivers/software from HP.com.

Thanks!

Rip The Jacker
02-15-2005, 07:47 AM
No prob, as soon as you figure out what the model number is, head over to http://www.usa.canon.com/html/download/ and download the software. :)

TheDave
02-15-2005, 08:33 AM
chances are if you're using xp it will do it automatically. the driver discs for the last scanner and all-in-one i got didn't actually work so i just let xp do its thing. now they work just lacking a few features, unimportant ones though anyway