PDA

View Full Version : when we attach an image...

TheDave
02-15-2005, 08:42 AM
does it go up on randomimage.com or .us .whatever?

bigboab
02-15-2005, 09:25 AM
When you send a 'pic' to these servers it is in the form of computer code. It is place in 'your' folder at that site a 'link' to that particular pic in your folder is then sent back to you.. When you want to see that 'pic' you access that code by using the 'link' that was sent to you. If you want anybody to see that pic then you put the link in your post.

There are no actual pics involved. It is all code. It is the same on the Forum database. There are no pics within the posts. Only links to those pics. When you make a post in this forum the post contains a link to your record which contains your sig, avator etc. It also contains links to any pics that you posted. If you were to access one of your posts in the Forum database all you would see were these links and any text that you typed. Unless the forum is encrypted then all you would see would be a 'jumble' of symbols etc. :)

Unless it has all changed since I studied it. :lol: :lol:

TheDave
02-15-2005, 10:05 AM
is it on randomimage? yes or no? :blink:

bigboab
02-15-2005, 01:20 PM
The Picture is not on 'Randomimage' only the information that will produce a picture on a computer. That is the information that is passed/transferred to your computer via the link. 'Randomimage' and all the other places like 'Uploadit' etc. Only store information for you, that information is available any time you require it. When you display relevant to that information there is no pic displayed on Randomimage. :)

I suppose a simple no would have done. :lol: :lol:

lynx
02-15-2005, 01:22 PM
When you send a 'pic' to these servers it is in the form of computer code. It is place in 'your' folder at that site a 'link' to that particular pic in your folder is then sent back to you.. When you want to see that 'pic' you access that code by using the 'link' that was sent to you. If you want anybody to see that pic then you put the link in your post.

There are no actual pics involved. It is all code. It is the same on the Forum database. There are no pics within the posts. Only links to those pics. When you make a post in this forum the post contains a link to your record which contains your sig, avator etc. It also contains links to any pics that you posted. If you were to access one of your posts in the Forum database all you would see were these links and any text that you typed. Unless the forum is encrypted then all you would see would be a 'jumble' of symbols etc. :)

Unless it has all changed since I studied it. :lol: :lol:It has changed for attached pics.

Ignorance of that fact is no excuse. :P

tesco
02-15-2005, 01:28 PM
do you mean attaching an image on this website it then shows up on randomimage.us? :blink:

manker
02-15-2005, 01:29 PM
do you mean attaching an image on this website it then shows up on randomimage.us? :blink:
Yeah, that's what he was asking.

I doubt it, personally.

bigboab
02-15-2005, 01:30 PM
It has changed for attached pics.

Ignorance of that fact is no excuse. :P

Please to be explaining attached pics. :) You are allowed to use technical jargon. :blink: Though that would be unhelpful to some. :rolleyes:

manker
02-15-2005, 01:32 PM
Please to be explaining attached pics. :) You are allowed to use technical jargon. :blink: Though that would be unhelpful to some. :rolleyes:It gets uploaded to the same server that the board uses.

bigboab
02-15-2005, 01:38 PM
It gets uploaded to the same server that the board uses.

Thanks. :) It will still work on the same principle of indexing/linkage. :rolleyes:

TheDave
02-15-2005, 01:42 PM
let me rephrase. why is randomimage our image archive?

manker
02-15-2005, 01:51 PM
let me rephrase. why is randomimage our image archive?Duno mate.

How do you know that it is?

Edit: Ah, I see what you mean now, that link at the bottom.

I'm pretty sure that randomimage.us and the server used for our board are different so that means that the images we upload won't get displyed there.

The link to randomimage.us at the bottom masquerading as our image archive is probably there to enable randomimage to get more google hits. Obviously Brian owns both sites so this makes sense, to me anyway.

TheDave
02-15-2005, 01:56 PM
theres a link called image archive that goes to random image

manker
02-15-2005, 01:58 PM
theres a link called image archive that goes to random imageI just edited before I seen your reply, Mr Vague.

bigboab
02-15-2005, 02:02 PM
I just edited before I seen your reply, Mr Vague.

Please dont display members real names in a post. It is not the done thing.
:ph34r:

TheDave
02-15-2005, 02:04 PM
vague, dave vague :cool: