PDA

View Full Version : Important question

Cheese
02-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Why don't the Highlanders (in the Christopher Lambert films) wear steel collars?

DanB
02-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Why would they ??

Cheese
02-15-2005, 05:15 PM
Why would they ??

So you couldn't chop their heads off...

Cheese
02-15-2005, 05:17 PM
Could someone make me a poll (I've had my allotted poll quota for the day).

"If you were a Highlander would you wear a steel collar?"

Yes.
No.
STFU manker.

Thanks in advance.

DarthInsinuate
02-15-2005, 05:18 PM
if you had a big steel collar around your neck it might interfere with the lobster bibbage

TheDave
02-15-2005, 05:18 PM
i'll do it

DanB
02-15-2005, 05:20 PM
i'll do it

Wear a steel collar? :ermm:

TheDave
02-15-2005, 05:22 PM
flucking manker :dry:

manker
02-15-2005, 05:23 PM
flucking manker :dry:Make another one, see who gets the most votes :shifty:

zedaxax
02-15-2005, 05:27 PM
Why don't the Highlanders (in the Christopher Lambert films) wear steel collars?

Damn right! What an incredibly simple solution
cauz with 100000years of living apart from collecting antiques you could maybe
just maybe consider improoving the only weakness you have.

bytheway this also applies to
Superman (anti kryptonite shield)
SpiderDude - (anti love)
Hulk - (Soap Operas)
Xmen - the leader bald guy - anti him = marijuana / the chicj who cant touch anything = condomns
Batman should take a vacation -away from the stress of the city
etc
etc

manker
02-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Superman (anti kryptonite shield)He has an anti-kryptonite suit that he could wear.

If he wears that then he'd pwn Batman in a straight fight.

Cheese
02-15-2005, 05:36 PM
He has an anti-kryptonite suit that he could wear.

If he wears that then he'd pwn Batman in a straight fight.

Superman is so dim he'd probably garrotte himself trying to put it on. :dry:

Cheese
02-15-2005, 05:39 PM
Superman is so dim he'd probably garrotte himself trying to put it on. :dry:

Actually let's face it Christopher Lambert isn't the sharpest spoon in the drawer either, he'd probably put on one of those collars from Ruger Hauer film Wedlock. :1eye:

zedaxax
02-15-2005, 05:47 PM
Rutger Haur as killer Hitchhiker(& emotionally unstable cyborg in Blade Runner with milk blood) totally Pawns Cris Lambert even if he don't bring his spoon.

enoughfakefiles
02-15-2005, 07:06 PM
Highlanders a farce anyway.In the first film he was the last one and then got imortality,but in the third film there were three imortals trapped in that cave.

Please discuss. :1eye:

zedaxax
02-15-2005, 07:18 PM
Highlanders a farce anyway.In the first film he was the last one and then got imortality,but in the third film there were three imortals trapped in that cave.

Please discuss. :1eye:

In Hollywood there is the unwritten rule that you must Always make massive Holes of consisntency in the story - so that if the movie sells you can make a sequal to try to fix the hole.

No hole has ever been fixed with hollywood glue

Robert00000
02-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Which Highlanders are we talking about here.

Not the scottish ones :shifty:

Busyman
02-15-2005, 08:49 PM
That wouldn't entirely solve the problem.

A rival highlander could simply chop above the steel collar to separate the brain from the spine.

I AM THE PROBLEM SOLVER, I SOLVE PROBLEMS

Next problem please........

lynx
02-15-2005, 08:53 PM

A rival highlander could simply chop above the steel collar to separate the brain from the spine.

Next problem please........That wouldn't work if he wore a hat. :P

Busyman
02-15-2005, 08:57 PM
That wouldn't work if he wore a hat. :P
Addendum...

Cut above the steel collar and below the hat.

Guillaume
02-15-2005, 08:58 PM
Alright, what he had a steel bucket helm on his head?

Busyman
02-15-2005, 09:33 PM
I can't believe that someone has complained regarding the consistency of the third film.

I assume that you did not watch the second one, where it turned out they were actually aliens and Sean Canary managed to come back to life.

Flippin' heck you'll be telling me that The Mattress isn't based on a true story next.
Fuck is wrong wit deez people? :blink:

enoughfakefiles
02-15-2005, 09:39 PM
I can't believe that someone has complained regarding the consistency of the third film.

I assume that you did not watch the second one, where it turned out they were actually aliens and Sean Canary managed to come back to life.

Flippin' heck you'll be telling me that The Mattress isn't based on a true story next.

Maybe the directors cut will explain it more.:rolleyes:

brenda
02-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Not the scottish ones :shifty:
The Clan McLeod sounds pretty Scottish to me :blink:

Cheese
02-16-2005, 03:27 PM

Next problem please........

Yes, they could work round it but the collar would give added protection. A full steel collar around the neck protecting them. Seems to be, most Highlanders trained to chop at the neck to win their duels so this precaution would cause their opponent to have to change their game plan.

Any other part of the head is going to be harder to chop clean through as well. Esecially the Scottish ones.

So whilst the steel-collar certainly doesn't make them completely safe the question is still there that why didn't they wear the collars to be safer?

DarthInsinuate
02-16-2005, 03:37 PM
a steel collar would make them look like dicks, it's like driving without your seat-belt on - you look hawt when you're flying through the windshield

manker
02-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Since they're aliens anyway and likely have considerable medical technology, it might be wise for them to consider a mutation to put them in line with the Traordian species from the Gownpread constellation.

Instead of a vulnerable head, the organs normally located on a head are set into their chest and their brain protected inside a reinforced ribcage along with the heart and lungs.

Obviously, this makes them formidable warriors. Just the ticket for Lambert and his bretheren.

Busyman
02-16-2005, 03:42 PM
Yes, they could work round it but the collar would give added protection. A full steel collar around the neck protecting them. Seems to be, most Highlanders trained to chop at the neck to win their duels so this precaution would cause their opponent to have to change their game plan.

Any other part of the head is going to be harder to chop clean through as well. Esecially the Scottish ones.

So whilst the steel-collar certainly doesn't make them completely safe the question is still there that why didn't they wear the collars to be safer?
They would be safer. However, Highlanders do feel pain and can be immobilized. They may be somewhat immortal but actually have no super powers.

I would simply shoot a Highlander and then simply get to work on that brain stem. :devil:

For the best protection possible I recommend a metal helmet and Kevlar body armor (for mobility). The Highlander could also have a permanent skull and neck one piece made.

Keep in mind that a chop to the legs can immobilize him as well so he's still stoppable.

manker
02-16-2005, 03:43 PM
My solution > Busyman's solution.

Peerzy
02-16-2005, 03:44 PM
They would be safer. However, Highlanders do feel pain and can be immobilized. They may be somewhat immortal but actually have no super powers.

I would simply shoot a Highlander and then simply get to work on that brain stem. :devil:

For the best protection possible I recommend a metal helmet and Kevlar body armor (for mobility).

Keep in mind that a chop to the legs can immobilize him as well so he's still stoppable.

Im having a few problems with Highlanders near me, whats Busyman's simply 3 step guide to getting rid of them :unsure:

Busyman
02-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Im having a few problems with Highlanders near me, whats Busyman's simply 3 step guide to getting rid of them :unsure:
They can be fuckheads....always touting that they are immortals when in fact they are not. We didn't have a Highlander problem in America until part 2 which was/is many years from now.

"If you're so immortal, let me see your immortal ass under this guillotine." :dry:

Cheese
02-16-2005, 03:50 PM
There can only be none!

Busyman
02-16-2005, 03:53 PM
There can only be none!
Yet there was more than one movie and how many prize(s)? :blink:

How many last Highlanders are there going to be?

Guillaume
02-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Look on the bright side: they cut Lambert's head off in the last movie. The problem seems to be rsolving itself.

Cheese
02-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Yet there was more than one movie and how many prize(s)? :blink:

How many last Highlanders are there going to be?

Something even more complicated is to work out how the films interact chronologically.

Film 2, for instance was set in the future (the ozone layer shield? :blink: ) :blink:

Cheese
02-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Look on the bright side: they cut Lambert's head off in the last movie. The problem seems to be rsolving itself.

Should have worn a collar... :no:

Guillaume
02-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Naw. Should have kept an eye on his cousin.

Remember: never trust a man with a ponytail and an always opened shirt.

DarthInsinuate
02-16-2005, 04:56 PM
Remember: never trust a man with a ponytail and an always opened shirt.
homosexuals? :huh: :controversial:

Jon L. Obscene
02-16-2005, 11:41 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like that

Jonno :cool:

Emdee
02-16-2005, 11:52 PM
They might go about chopping each other's heads off, but I'm sure they're still fashion conscious!