PDA

View Full Version : Daytona 500

RPerry
02-17-2005, 06:24 PM
Just a reminder, The Nextel cup ( I still want to say Winston cup) season kicks off this weekend in my home state of Florida, with the annual running of the Daytona 500. I was at the raceway a couple of weeks ago to take pictures of Dale Earnhardt Jrs car before it was removed from the museum, so who wants to guess who's car will be replacing his ? Of course, I would want another one of Jrs cars....... :cool:

manker
02-17-2005, 07:11 PM
I think Bo and Luke Duke raced in this once, they only came fourth because they had to stop to help Rossco, who was trying to sabotage them but he got himself into bother and almost got knocked down.

It was all a bit upsetting until they realised that they'd actually won enough to save Jessie's farm after all :01:

TheDave
02-17-2005, 07:19 PM
tis not a sport :dry:

BigBank_Hank
02-17-2005, 08:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/BigBank_Hank/rr7.jpg

If not Rudd than I hope someone else in a Ford wins.

fkdup74
02-17-2005, 09:48 PM
ahhhh......
waltrip and earnhardt finishing 1-2 in the gatorade....
what a surprise :P

RPerry
02-18-2005, 12:33 PM
ahhhh......
waltrip and earnhardt finishing 1-2 in the gatorade....
what a surprise :P

Damn.. and I had to work last night :(

fkdup74
02-20-2005, 11:25 PM
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
gordon wins his 3rd 500!!!!!!!!!1 :D
damn good show by Jr too, comin outta nowhere like that

Busyman
02-21-2005, 12:16 AM
tis not a sport :dry:
Agreed..at least not an athletic sport.

It's cars going around in ovals for ffs. :dry:

To each his own. ;)

Darth Sushi
02-21-2005, 01:58 AM
Tony Stewart sucks! :P Though he did lead 107 laps...but arogant jerks deserve to lose.

BigBank_Hank
02-21-2005, 05:49 AM
Agreed..at least not an athletic sport.

It's cars going around in ovals for ffs. :dry:

To each his own. ;)
Really? Let’s see you try to do 180 mph in a corner for 500 miles. You’d be surprised at how physically demanding it is to drive a car that fast around turns for four hours.

fkdup74
02-21-2005, 06:31 AM
...but arogant jerks deserve to lose.

yeah hes an arrogant fkr....but a damned good driver
(dont think i'd like him as a person, but oh well...) :P

@busyman & thedave - stfu and go troll someone else's thread
i wanna see you lazy bitches do 500 miles in a 3400 lb car...
with no AC...no cushy leather seats...race suspension (very fkn stiff)
temps inside the car in excess of 130 degrees
oh yeah, and at speeds of over 190 MPH...
bumper to bumper, and side to side with 42 other cars...
you'd scream like a little girl after 1 lap...maybe less...

This section is not for spamming.

All normal rules of the Forum Apply, and if threads go "Off Topic" they will either be Edited and individual posts removed, or the thread as a whole moved to the lounge.

Its a place where you can discuss and debate Sports in general without fighting with each other....

but anyhoot...back on topic...
tough break for martin and wallace, last 500 and all
wouldnt have minded seeing rusty get a Daytona win :(

RPerry
02-21-2005, 11:49 AM
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
gordon wins his 3rd 500!!!!!!!!!1 :D
damn good show by Jr too, comin outta nowhere like that

I will not be going to Daytona USA to take pictures of Gordons car :sick:

fkdup74
02-21-2005, 02:01 PM
I will not be going to Daytona USA to take pictures of Gordons car :sick:

:lol:

well....you could go get me a few pics :D

:P

Busyman
02-22-2005, 06:52 AM
Really? Let’s see you try to do 180 mph in a corner for 500 miles. You’d be surprised at how physically demanding it is to drive a car that fast around turns for four hours.
Oh jeez. :dry:

Race car driving ain't athletic. I'm not saying it's not a sport.

Handling g-forces don't make an athlete. I rode the Tower Of Terror ride at MGM Studios in Disneyworld.

I guess I'm an athlete.

Busyman
02-22-2005, 06:57 AM
yeah hes an arrogant fkr....but a damned good driver
(dont think i'd like him as a person, but oh well...) :P

@busyman & thedave - stfu and go troll someone else's thread
i wanna see you lazy bitches do 500 miles in a 3400 lb car...
with no AC...no cushy leather seats...race suspension (very fkn stiff)
temps inside the car in excess of 130 degrees
oh yeah, and at speeds of over 190 MPH...
bumper to bumper, and side to side with 42 other cars...
you'd scream like a little girl after 1 lap...maybe less...

but anyhoot...back on topic...
tough break for martin and wallace, last 500 and all
wouldnt have minded seeing rusty get a Daytona win :(
Aww ffs...I relayed it's not athletic and here you go defending Daytona like it's the last bastion of life.

Get a grip man. No one's trolling your thread.

I said it's not athletic and it isn't..and if you like it, you like it.

Saying it isn't athletic is well within board rules. You, however, have inserted the "fighting" part. Hank did not btw. ;)
Fighting: calling me lazy when I play basketball 3 times a week and sometimes play football; I'm a technician that works in fucked up weather many times (the election, Inauguration, World War II Memorial, and almost every new building going up in DC springs to mind) and I lift weights.

This kinda knocks me out of the lazy department considering I'm not touting sitting down handling g-forces in a sauna to keep me physically fit.

Next time leave well enough alone and stop taking "nothing" to heart with shit insults. ;)

manker
02-22-2005, 09:49 AM
What Busyman should have said is this:

Racing cars is not an athletic sport because the winning the thing is not a reflection of athleticism, it is a reflection of who has had the best car prepared for them. C'est tout.

Granted if you put me in the best car, I would not win but if you put Gordon in the worst car then he wouldn't win either. I know --->.<---- that much about Daytona but this is definitely the case in Formula 1. Michael Schumacher is the greatest driver of all time - but put him in a Minardi and he becomes mediocre.

I'm sure you think it's a great spectator sport but if you're going to argue that it's an athletic sport, I'm gonna chuckle :P

RPerry
02-22-2005, 07:22 PM
I was fair and let you all have your say. I pointed out that it was time for the Daytona 500, which kicks off the racing season. Some came in to argue that Auto racing wasn't a sport, or an athletic sport. Frankly, I don't care for what you think, it wasn't the purpose of this thread :blink:
I enjoy Auto racing, as others here do as well, if you don't like it, stay out of my thread :shifty:
you are more than welcome to start a discussion thread in a more appropriate section of the board.

Busyman
02-22-2005, 07:42 PM
I was fair and let you all have your say. I pointed out that it was time for the Daytona 500, which kicks off the racing season. Some came in to argue that Auto racing wasn't a sport, or an athletic sport. Frankly, I don't care for what you think, it wasn't the purpose of this thread :blink:
I enjoy Auto racing, as others here do as well, if you don't like it, stay out of my thread :shifty:
you are more than welcome to start a discussion thread in a more appropriate section of the board.
Well.....I do like it......for the occasional crash at least (not a Dale crash though :unsure: ).

This is similar to fights being a draw for hockey.

The mere dynamic of the 500 is bound to bring forth other discussion. It's hard to bring up times drafting was used to an advantage or a pull away happened because the race is lengthy.

"Did you see how fast Gordon's pit worked that time? Awesome!!!"

.....Feel me? :unsure: