PDA

View Full Version : Virtualdub 1.4.10 Help Needed.

ISthisLEGAL.com
04-03-2003, 10:36 AM
hello, haveing problems trying to covert the audio files from lord of the rings two towers avi movie when i try to save it as a wav it gives me this error message "the requested audio compression is not compatible with the input format" can anyone please tell me how to get around this problem as i wont to then covert it to svcd with TMPGEnc :(

vivitron 15
04-03-2003, 11:01 AM
try using virtual dub to extract the audio....think theres a link on main page

ISthisLEGAL.com
04-03-2003, 11:40 AM
vitual dub is what am haveing the problem with, more help please :(

ck-uk
04-03-2003, 11:50 AM
u could open the file with gspot and look at the audio format and also take a look at the direct show render status info.. and see if there's any error messages.

u should b able to convert to svcd without convert the audio!! :)

vivitron 15
04-03-2003, 12:05 PM
and you do have the latest Klite codec pack? this is often the problem.

ISthisLEGAL.com
04-03-2003, 12:09 PM
it will convert to svcd with out useing virtualdub but the audio ends up out of time with the picture is there anyway of fixing this with TMPGEnc? ive got the latest k-lite codec pack too. :(

footballmad
04-03-2003, 10:05 PM
I'm having EXACTLY

ISthisLEGAL.com
04-04-2003, 03:57 PM
more help needed please, still cant work it out :(

Crack_man
04-04-2003, 11:17 PM
Is it the 2 disc version of Lord of the rings-Two towers?

You have to save the audio with "full process mode" and choose no compression.

footballmad
04-05-2003, 12:11 AM
That earlier post was when there were problems with the server.SORRY

I'm having nearly the same problem so any advice from you guys would be appreciated.
The error message I get is "No audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format".

I want to extract to audio from 2 towers (with virtualdub) and get the same error message as isthislegal.com.

I have the latest codecs from kazaa as well.

I originally tried to convert with TPMGenc (to mepeg to burn to vcd) and this worked except for complete loss of sound.

I'm sure one of you cleaver bods can help us.

BTW I have search quite a bit already for help on this but with no luck yet.

mant1s
04-05-2003, 12:38 AM
If this is the 3 disc version of the Two Towers with AC3 audio then I managed to encode straight to VCD using TMPGenc. You have to change the Environmental setting in the for the VFAPI plugin. there is some info about it here

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm#ac3

Crack_man
04-05-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by mant1s@5 April 2003 - 01:38
If this is the 3 disc version of the Two Towers with AC3 audio then I managed to encode straight to VCD using TMPGenc. You have to change the Environmental setting in the for the VFAPI plugin. there is some info about it here

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm#ac3
I have the 3 disc version too but all three of them have bad frames so how did you managed to encode it straight away with TMPGEnc?

Didnīt you scanned and removed your bad frames first with Virtual Dub?

mant1s
04-05-2003, 01:48 AM
I Just checked one of my backup copies of the files and I didn't have any bad frames in it. Must have been lucky with my d/l

Crack_man
04-05-2003, 02:37 AM
Damn,I downloaded all 3 of them and it hal all bad frames,next day I had to reinstall my computer and I didnīt want to waste 3 CD to do a backup of the movie so I downloaded them again but still had bad frames.

Crack_man
04-05-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by ISthisLEGAL.com@3 April 2003 - 11:36
hello, haveing problems trying to covert the audio files from lord of the rings two towers avi movie when i try to save it as a wav it gives me this error message "the requested audio compression is not compatible with the input format" can anyone please tell me how to get around this problem as i wont to then covert it to svcd with TMPGEnc :(
Saving out the audio
Audio > Full processing mode
SAVE WAV
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/westhighlandwhites/fasttrack/VdubUse/Image2.jpg
The above error is shown usually when you try to save the sound track, but the source is usually AC3 so you are attempting to convert the AC3 sound track and save it uncompressed, or to another format.

Vdub does not have the ability to convert AC3, so you will get that error. It is also possible to get that error when you try to convert a MP3 to a bitrate higher than you have support for. But this is mostly shown with AC3

In the case of AC3, you need to save the audio out using direct stream copy, then later convert it to a uncompressed wav. So instead of full processing mode, you need to use direct stream copy.

Audio > Direct stream copy
SAVE WAV
Here is the guide for it:
Convert a movie with AC3 (http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/91588.php)
Note that the topic says "Convert a Divx with ......" but it can be used for Xvid movies too.

mant1s
04-05-2003, 02:47 AM
I get the feeling that you may be being sarcastic. i cant be bothered to make screen grabs of virtualdub checking all three of these files just to convince you. I am just trying to help but maybe i will keep my suggestions to myself if all I am going to get is smartass comments

Crack_man
04-05-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by mant1s@5 April 2003 - 03:47
I get the feeling that you may be being sarcastic. i cant be bothered to make screen grabs of virtualdub checking all three of these files just to convince you. I am just trying to help but maybe i will keep my suggestions to myself if all I am going to get is smartass comments
No I believe you,I just have no luck when downloading those.

mant1s
04-05-2003, 02:57 AM
sorry, had a rough week at work, maybe a bit snappy

ISthisLEGAL.com
04-05-2003, 06:23 PM
thanks for your help everone, :rolleyes: tried doing it straight from TMPGEnc and the audio was out of sync :( can anyone tell me where ive gone wrong!!!! and yes it is the 3 disc two towers with ac3 sound thanks in advance.

ck-uk
04-05-2003, 07:21 PM
m8 crack_man has already adviced u with a
souution to ur problem...just to let u know!!

QUOTE (ISthisLEGAL.com @ 3 April 2003 - 11:36)
hello, haveing problems trying to covert the audio files from lord of the rings two towers avi movie when i try to save it as a wav it gives me this error message "the requested audio compression is not compatible with the input format" can anyone please tell me how to get around this problem as i wont to then covert it to svcd with TMPGEnc

Saving out the audio
Audio > Full processing mode
SAVE WAV

The above error is shown usually when you try to save the sound track, but the source is usually AC3 so you are attempting to convert the AC3 sound track and save it uncompressed, or to another format.
Vdub does not have the ability to convert AC3, so you will get that error. It is also possible to get that error when you try to convert a MP3 to a bitrate higher than you have support for. But this is mostly shown with AC3
In the case of AC3, you need to save the audio out using direct stream copy, then later convert it to a uncompressed wav. So instead of full processing mode, you need to use direct stream copy.
Audio > Direct stream copy
SAVE WAV
Here is the guide for it:
Convert a movie with AC3
Note that the topic says "Convert a Divx with ......" but it can be used for Xvid movies too. :) :) [/QUOTE]