PDA

View Full Version : Burning My 1st Vcd.

bronco
04-03-2003, 01:32 PM
Right here goes <_<

Ive managed to encode it fine using TMPGEenc+ from a .avi to a mpeg,no problem :)

BUT when i try to burn it with Nero making sure i select video cd etc it does burn it but theres no VIDEO CD when i check it out on my pc :blink:

So in short im trying to say that when i insert the cd and try to open it with PowerDvD etc ( it should play, right?) but it does&#39;nt :(
This is whats coming up for my cd in FOLDERS:CDI EXT MPEGAV SEGMENT VCD(subfolder contains ENTRIES,INFO LOTM,PSD :unsure: haven&#39;t a clue.

Oh b4 you say check vcd help out and others,i have thats how i got this far in the 1st place&#33;&#33;

Dont know if this will help or not but here&#39;s a pic, it&#39;s showing info for the CD im trying to burn.

Hope someone can help :unsure:
PIC HERE>>> VcD Trouble (http://galleries.vinyamar.com/ps/show.php?id=aXfHYECpA9KB25zWwU90mkt7)

bronco
04-03-2003, 03:57 PM
Anyone? :&#39;(

ShareDaddy
04-03-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by bronco@3 April 2003 - 08:32
Right here goes <_<

Ive managed to encode it fine using TMPGEenc+ from a .avi to a mpeg,no problem :)

BUT when i try to burn it with Nero making sure i select video cd etc it does burn it but theres no VIDEO CD when i check it out on my pc :blink:

So in short im trying to say that when i insert the cd and try to open it with PowerDvD etc ( it should play, right?) but it does&#39;nt :(
This is whats coming up for my cd in FOLDERS:CDI EXT MPEGAV SEGMENT VCD(subfolder contains ENTRIES,INFO LOTM,PSD :unsure: haven&#39;t a clue.

Oh b4 you say check vcd help out and others,i have thats how i got this far in the 1st place&#33;&#33;

Dont know if this will help or not but here&#39;s a pic, it&#39;s showing info for the CD im trying to burn.

Hope someone can help :unsure:
PIC HERE>>> VcD Trouble (http://galleries.vinyamar.com/ps/show.php?id=aXfHYECpA9KB25zWwU90mkt7)
A good percentage of us movieworld buffs will not touch VCD&#39;s with a ten foot pole. VCD&#39;s are a lot of work for lower Quality video playback, most of us use video cards with TV out, same excellent Quality avi files can then be played on your TV. VCD&#39;s are taking a next generation encoded movie and encoding them backwards to an older codec which results in lower Quality. However there are avid VCD and SVCD users here as well, just fewer, I cannot tell you why they have not helped you. I bypassed the whole VCD method, went from avi&#39;s through a "TV out" to my TV, and now have a DVD burner.

Come on guys, if you can help him, please do so.

I do however suggest a Video card with TV options.

bronco
04-03-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by ShareDaddy@3 April 2003 - 17:06

A good percentage of us movieworld buffs will not touch VCD&#39;s with a ten foot pole. VCD&#39;s are a lot of work for lower Quality video playback, most of us use video cards with TV out, same excellent Quality avi files can then be played on your TV. VCD&#39;s are taking a next generation encoded movie and encoding them backwards to an older codec which results in lower Quality. However there are avid VCD and SVCD users here as well, just fewer, I cannot tell you why they have not helped you. I bypassed the whole VCD method, went from avi&#39;s through a "TV out" to my TV, and now have a DVD burner.

Come on guys, if you can help him, please do so.

I do however suggest a Video card with TV options.
Thanks ShareDaddy i agree with what you say 100% but thing is its for somebody else with a standalone dvd player,im happy viewing off my pc less bother ;)

Didnt think it would be that hard to do tbh.

Thanks for the reply m8 come on where the rest of you so called experts,btw i have a burnt a cd with these folders on it:CDI,EXT,MPEGAV,SEGMENT, VCD(this doesnt do anything)

All contain subfolders.

Would this cd play in a standalone dvd player??

ck-uk
04-03-2003, 05:08 PM
the easist way would b to open the folder mpegav and there wil b a dat file copy/paste to ur h/d and change the extension to .mpg
if it play&#39;s the movies it just means nero&#39;s vcd setting a set wrong&#33;

double check the settings in nero like mod2/xa :)
good luck

bronco
04-05-2003, 12:11 AM
Good news at last.
Since the forums been down ive had time to check out the cd that contains the mpegav folder.
Glad to report it plays :D :D

Sorted now all i need to do now is set up Nero properly like CosmoK says.

Thanks ppl :) :)