PDA

View Full Version : Wine connoisseurs

Biggles
02-18-2005, 10:42 PM
The Scottish Justice Minister enters the debate regarding the quality of British vinyards.

Others take a contrary stance.

http://img212.exs.cx/img212/7105/neds8kz.jpg

zedaxax
02-18-2005, 11:06 PM
looks more like Vinegar to me

enoughfakefiles
02-18-2005, 11:25 PM
looks more like Vinegar to me

Sour grapes. :lol:

Guillaume
02-18-2005, 11:33 PM
You've actually got vinyards in the UK?

Not in New-New-England (aka Provence)?

:unsure:

sArA
02-18-2005, 11:35 PM
Can't remember having had the pleasure of a British wine that wasn't shit...although I would be happily proven wrong. :)

Biggles
02-18-2005, 11:35 PM
You've actually got vinyards in the UK?

Not in New-New-England (aka Provence)?

Well Buckfast may actually be made out of old socks - but the Neds/Chavs lap it up.

Guillaume
02-18-2005, 11:37 PM

Well Buckfast may actually be made out of old socks - but the Neds/Chavs lap it up.

I wouldn't know, since I don't know such people...
Except Danb that is.
:P

bigboab
02-18-2005, 11:56 PM
The Scottish Justice Minister enters the debate regarding the quality of British vinyards.

Others take a contrary stance.

http://img212.exs.cx/img212/7105/neds8kz.jpg

There was a story in the paper today. That 'ned' is really a nice boy. according to his mum and dad. :lol: :lol:

Biggles
02-19-2005, 12:11 AM
There was a story in the paper today. That 'ned' is really a nice boy. according to his mum and dad. :lol: :lol:

:lol:

He certainly appears to be a real charmer.

hobbes
02-20-2005, 03:30 AM
http://www.bumwine.com/bumwine/md2020.jpg

This official wine of street people can only be purchased at special locations.

http://www.texaschainsawmassacre.net/FanFoto/THopkins/gas%20station.JPG

Mad Dog 20/20, so good it'll make you shart yourself and not give a damn

Biggles
02-20-2005, 11:35 AM
I tried MD 20/20 once. :blink:

A fine fighting wine - right up there with Four Crowns and Buckfast.

Biggles
02-20-2005, 11:47 AM
I have been to Buckfast Abbey, it's nice.

:)

Their tonic wine is a tad sweet and a small glass is ideal for a maiden aunt.

I don't believe they ever intended it to be drunk by the bottle then washed down with a couple of cans of Tennets Super Lager. :shifty: Although if they did then a whole load young neds may have just found religion.

bigboab
02-20-2005, 12:18 PM
This mornings update on your little friend. His mum is demanding an apolology from the justice minister. She says she had no right to call her son a 'ned' and to demean him in front of the whole nation. The idea has entered her head to sue the Justice Minister. :lol: :lol:

Biggles
02-20-2005, 12:23 PM
This mornings update on your little friend. His mum is demanding an apolology from the justice minister. She says she had no right to call her son a 'ned' and to demean him in front of the whole nation. The idea has entered her head to sue the Justice Minister. :lol: :lol:

Oookkaay!!

Personally, I think Cathy Jamieson is a waste of space but my sympathies are with her on this one.

"The parents are to blame" never sounded truer. The fact that he was allowed out the door in a white tracksuit makes him guilty before he did anything. :shifty:

clocker
02-20-2005, 12:26 PM
The fact that he was allowed out the door in a white tracksuit makes him guilty before he did anything. :shifty:
I blame this on budget cuts.
Clearly, the Fashion Police are desperately undermanned.

bigboab
02-20-2005, 12:29 PM
I have to be careful what I say on this issue. I have a lot of retaliations in that area. I was born a couple of miles away(Sorn) and spent my first two years of school in Auchinleck. :) I have been studying the pic of the ned closely to see if he is balding and wearing dentures. :lol: :lol:

Skweeky1
02-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Does this have anything to do with that woman who convinced shopkeerpers in Kilwinning and surrounding areas to bar Buckfast from their shops? :huh:

Biggles
02-20-2005, 05:51 PM
Does this have anything to do with that woman who convinced shopkeerpers in Kilwinning and surrounding areas to bar Buckfast from their shops? :huh:

:lol:

Oh yes - the one and the same.

j2k4
02-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Back OT for at least one post-

This whole thread suffers a certain illegitimacy (which is fine, as far as that goes), as we are all in danger of forgetting the overarching truth of the fact that, no matter what anyone thinks, all of the best whines are of exclusively French provenance.

It is, to put the finest possible point on things, a fait accompli. :)

bigboab
02-20-2005, 08:23 PM
Back OT for at least one post-

This whole thread suffers a certain illegitimacy (which is fine, as far as that goes), as we are all in danger of forgetting the overarching truth of the fact that, no matter what anyone thinks, all of the best whines are of exclusively French provenance.

It is, to put the finest possible point on things, a fait accompli. :)

In the area being 'talked' about, they think a fait accompli is a friend of the deceased. :blink:

j2k4
02-20-2005, 11:56 PM
In the area being 'talked' about, they think a fait accompli is a friend of the deceased. :blink:

Ah-

Well then...:whistling

Rat Faced
02-20-2005, 11:58 PM
Can't remember having had the pleasure of a British wine that wasn't shit...although I would be happily proven wrong. :)

Doesnt stop you drinkin' the plonk tho..

Anything with Alcohol :rolleyes: