PDA

View Full Version : Buy, Sell and Trade section

{I}{K}{E}
02-18-2005, 11:22 PM
I had an idea for a new section. The Buy, Sell or Trade section.

A section for registered members to buy, sell or trade items with other members.

Some ideas for the rules:

Filesharingtalk accepts no responsibility or liability for any transactions that take place as the result of a sale or purchase of an item in this forum.
Threads need to stay on-topic. Off-topic replies can be edited or removed by a Moderator.
Start threads with a correct title.

Idea for the thread titles:

[Sale] use in title for threads when you want to sel item(s).
[Trade] use in title for threads when you want to trade item(s).

'Pinned' Thread titled "Good Guy/Bad Guy" and within that thread members can post their buy/sell/trade transaction.

For instance:
CornerPocket=Good Guy
Purchased xxxxx xxxxx from CornerPocket, smooth transaction, would buy from again.

CornerPocket=Bad Guy
Purchased xxxx xxxx from CornerPocket two weeks ago still waiting for delivery. No communication since then.

We thought that if the members liked the idea we could give it a try.
What do you guys think?

Peerzy
02-18-2005, 11:24 PM
Yeah iv got tons of shit that doesnt work to sell.

sArA
02-18-2005, 11:26 PM
How about a minimum post count to sell/trade?

Peerzy
02-18-2005, 11:28 PM

Yeah, about 1,423 :P

Ontopic - Nice idea but then you'll have people just going all out to spam to make the post count to sell stuff

Guillaume
02-18-2005, 11:31 PM
Filesharingtalk accepts no responsibility or liability for any transactions that take place as the result of a sale or purchase of an item in this forum.

Well, who does then?

Sorry, but I wouldn't buy anything from people I haven't met IRL, and especially without any backing from the site where the transaction was initiated. :(

sArA
02-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Yeah, about 1,423 :P

Ontopic - Nice idea but then you'll have people just going all out to spam to make the post count to sell stuff

So then you don't buy off em....its a trust thing anyway. I wouldn't feel comfortable buying stuff from someone I wasn't familiar with on here, so they would probably have a reasonable post count anyway.

{I}{K}{E}
02-18-2005, 11:37 PM

I think that is possible.

Sorry, but I wouldn't buy anything from people I haven't met IRL, and especially without any backing from the site where the transaction was initiated.

We could help when some problems show up. we could give email adresses for example or other info members cannot see, I dont think we should make IP's public @ any time.

Guillaume
02-18-2005, 11:39 PM
we could give email adresses for example

What good would an e-mail addy do? I've got a thousand of them, and almost none can be tracked back to who I really am.
And, just out of curiosity, what other things do mods see (except IPs)?

sArA
02-18-2005, 11:43 PM
I think that the most likely transactions would be between trusted members anyway...but its nice to know if people have stuff, then it can all be done via pm.

As for spam, that can be cleared up as it crops up.

ahctlucabbuS
02-18-2005, 11:54 PM
I can't really see any people using such section, but that's just me...

Mad Cat
02-19-2005, 12:09 PM
Hey, I found this great new site called "eBay".........

EDIT: Could be a forum to post nice deals people find on eBay, or auctions members are doing on eBay?

Cheese
02-19-2005, 12:39 PM
EDIT: Could be a forum to post nice deals people find on eBay, or auctions members are doing on eBay?

That's a better idea. Have a section for people to post their ebay auctions on. That way people get the security that ebay offers (well better security anyhow).

Otherwise I'm dead against the idea.

Virtualbody1234
02-19-2005, 02:01 PM
We have enough sections for the number of active members we have. If someone has something to sell they can post in sections we already have and make the transaction via PM.

DyingToLive
02-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Really a good idea, i have some computer stuff to sell

Peerzy
02-19-2005, 03:02 PM
We have enough sections for the number of active members we have. If someone has something to sell they can post in sections we already have and make the transaction via PM.

Nope, i had a thread closed for trying to flog something because in the rules no one can make a post that would be of financial gain to them,.

ahctlucabbuS
02-21-2005, 08:12 AM
Nope, i had a thread closed for trying to flog something because in the rules no one can make a post that would be of financial gain to them,.

In that case, change the name on the review section (which nobody seems to be using) and include a trade section there.

DarthInsinuate
02-21-2005, 01:05 PM
i'm for the idea because i'm a complete eBayphobe, it would be nice to have somewhere where people can just post what that have for sale, maybe a sticky thread

but i can't see the point really, it'll be better if people stopped being wusses and try eBay :hypoluxacrite:

clocker
02-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Several forums I belong to have Sale/Buy sections and I have used them many times without a bad experience.
Heatware is a good indicator of the seller's trustworthiness and there are several sites specifically aimed at reporting bad traders (Trollhunters comes to mind).

I have no problem adding such a section, although I doubt it will be very active ( at least for a while).

{I}{K}{E}
02-21-2005, 03:19 PM
In that case, change the name on the review section (which nobody seems to be using) and include a trade section there.

Good idea.

but how should we name the section? Or just name it Buy, Sell and Trade section and the review section as a sub forum?

sArA
02-22-2005, 03:23 AM
Good idea.

but how should we name the section? Or just name it Buy, Sell and Trade section and the review section as a sub forum?

Sounds like a good idea...go for it Ike :)

Peerzy
02-22-2005, 03:25 AM
Maybe call it something a little more informal? 'Boot Sale' or maybe 'Sell yo shit' :P

Anyway whatever, anyon wanna by a computer, doesnt work £800 :01:

Rick Phlegm
02-22-2005, 05:35 PM
That's a better idea. Have a section for people to post their ebay auctions on. That way people get the security that ebay offers (well better security anyhow).

Same here.

Actually I think I'm just dead against the idea anyway. :unsure:

Lilmiss
02-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Me too, it does seem risky.
Ebay would definatly be my choice if I wanted to buy or trade.
I don't think I would feel comfortable handing out my address to members in here, and any late payment, etc... would cause friction between members on the board.

Nice idea, but I don't think it would really work in practise.

How about a Gig Review section instead? :w00t: :D

jetje
02-22-2005, 06:50 PM

I think Withcheese has a point here :shifty: i think it's a good idea