PDA

View Full Version : Eminem

skatingmonkey69
04-03-2003, 02:38 PM
:D i have most of his albums so if u want them, email me and ill make sure there downloadable :)

OcramC
04-03-2003, 02:41 PM
any from infinite or slim shady EP will be helpful

:ph34r: :ph34r:

marine_aart
04-03-2003, 03:47 PM
I've got them already (most of them)

sayl00
04-04-2003, 11:25 PM
So post it in the verified whereas asking if someone want his albums... EVERY1 WANT HIS ALBUMS.. Shit! :rolleyes:

Th£ Bo$$
04-17-2003, 08:51 PM
Eminem is over hyped...tha man kant rap he is a witeboy :lol:

opivy
04-17-2003, 10:36 PM
ya he cant rap thats why he sells so many albums right

amphoteric88
04-18-2003, 01:14 AM
eminem CAN rap (remember he was second at the 97 rap olympics). i think he would admit that a large part of his success has been the fact that he is white. however, do you think he would have sold so many albums if he wasn't a good rapper? his backing from dre has obviously helped his confidence, but now with his own label, signing artists like 50 Cent (arguable the best talent at the moment and certainly the hottest imo), g unit and obie trice, his status as producer is becoming apparent. surely artists like 50 wouldn't sign for someone who they don't respect?

dj7295
04-18-2003, 01:23 AM
opivy, I don't know if you noticed, but I think you forgot to close the tags in your sig. :)

HankusDankus
04-24-2003, 10:29 PM
Em is tha fuckin shit. He basically revolutionized rap music. Hey Th£ Bo$$, why dont you put your best 2 minute tru freestyle on mp3 and send it to me. Well se if it's anywhere near Em's Skill. Dude that kid can flow ever word he spits and not a lot of rappers can do that.

scribblec
04-25-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Th£ Bo$$@17 April 2003 - 20:51
Eminem is over hyped...tha man kant rap he is a witeboy :lol:
ok u r one sad fucked up deaf cunt who doesnt know talent when he sees it
look how long hes been going
why is he like if hes crap
cos hes not
maybe u should buy his record
and actually LISTEN to it
in the thing under avatar says dont player hate
well u should stop hating eminem
hes the one makiing mega bucks
not u

mareenz990
04-25-2003, 02:54 AM
ok
i knew as soon as i joined this thing
there would be a furom for emienm himself sumhow
he is white thats makes it even better for him, if he can be a "whiteass"
and cant rap, then why does he fuck up black dudes in rap battles????? :D

swarnel
04-25-2003, 03:28 AM
yeah hes a lot more talented than other rappers

but he keep changes his images

HankusDankus
04-25-2003, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by swarnel@25 April 2003 - 03:28
yeah hes a lot more talented than other rappers

but he keep changes his images
Everything changes

AzNPLaYeR253
05-01-2003, 05:23 AM
Hes good, but definately not the best. Its true he has sold alot of cd's but that isnt all accountable from his talent, him as being white gives him more exposure to media. Do you actually think if a black man said faggot and gay in his songs he would get it blown up all over the press like that? The answer to that is simple "NO". So do your common thinking, just because you sell alot of records doesnt necessairly mean anything, doesnt take a genius to figure that out. But back to the regular point of my post. Eminem is overhyped and if you think he is the best you definately havent been listening to hip hop very long.

Peace

Paul_NFFC
05-01-2003, 05:29 AM
tupac is the best

AzNPLaYeR253
05-01-2003, 06:24 AM
Mainstream rap artist i would have to agree, but unfortunately he isnt the best lyrically. There are different catagories when you say "best" as in someone spittin faster, more intellectual, overall in what they bring to the table...but i suppose you havent heard too much either if you just threw out an ignorant statement like that out, but either way, peoples opinions are based on their experiences.

Peace

Blue_Seraphim
05-01-2003, 06:41 AM
Yes the boy has skillz. I used to not like him. He has definetely grown on me though. Way above the rest of the mainstream bullshit heard today.

SlimShady
05-01-2003, 07:17 AM
Eminem makes music for living by telling what he feels in his raps.
Because people like the way he raps, he sells lot's of CDs.
True that he wouldn't come this far if Dr. Dre didn't discover him.

Respect...

AzNPLaYeR253
05-01-2003, 07:30 AM
Of course he has lyricz, he wouldnt have gotten so far if he didnt have them. But notice how the media portraited him as the all american white kid that rebeled. You know how many extra cd's he sold because of that image? I, myself have witnessed people buy his record because they thinks its the "cool" thing to do/have. While he does a good job of putting his feelings on his songs it isnt "just that" that does all the selling, the way he is depicted has alot to do with it, im sure you understand.

Opinions are respected but then again you have to think to truly understand, no disrespect.

Peace

Schmiggy_JK23
05-01-2003, 07:45 AM
My first knowledge of slim came from Rolling Stone. My sophmore year in college, 98. RS had a little sidebar of what to watch out for in the future of music, talked about this rapper, who was signed by dr dre, and dre was gonna produce his album... (note, this is like 4 months before the album, or any media hype hit). I was like, damn... I love dre... i still dont think there is any rap producer that is in the same league with him... so I was like, cool, dre's gonna drop some beats, ill be sure to check this out...

Picked it up... the day it hit... and loved it... great production, and a tremdous lyricisst, who was witty, humorous, yet serious and somber at the same time... and could express himself with the best out there...

now of course.. with all the hype... ya, so many people buy his stuff, cuz its the in thing to do, or because they think hes cute, (the girls... seriously, have any of them listened "Kim" jesus...), or because their parents and the media dont like him... i find it all, amusing.

But, it allows him to spread his words, his experiences, and to entertain... so power to him...

marine_aart
05-01-2003, 11:26 AM
I knew eminem from the song forgot about dre, and I loved it :D

SlimShady
05-01-2003, 12:02 PM
I still remember the first time I saw Slim Shady.
It was '99, I was watching MTV and I saw "Hi... My Name Is". I thought: "Who is that weird guy, he's funny(wearing a suit, with big glasses, waving)".
And I really liked that song (and all his songs) after I watched it. So, I guess I'm a true fan (I have all of his albums).

Peace...

the_faceman
05-01-2003, 03:13 PM
Nottingham_Forest_Football_Club Posted on 1 May 2003 - 06:29
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tupac is the best 

Can't really say if it's true or not, but unless he's doing an "Elvis" and hiding somewhere. then he was the best... ;)

sred2003
05-01-2003, 03:30 PM
i first heard eminem back in like 97 before he was signed by dre.
the song "just dont give a fuck" on an underground mix tape.
i knew he was gonna blow up when i heard it. then a few months later
i heard that dre signed him.

and ppl who claim he only made it because the media portrayed him as
the white rebel or whatever the hell you are saying are wrong. his first
album slim shady lp went multi-platinum without ANY media coverage. the
marshall mathers LP got major protests agianst it and the media covered
that about the album. it was after marshall mathers when the eminem show
and then 8mile came out that the media started talking of him in the way
you say. so dont act like he needed the media. they were late comers.

SlimShady
05-01-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by sred2003@1 May 2003 - 17:30
i first heard eminem back in like 97 before he was signed by dre.
the song "just dont give a fuck" on an underground mix tape.
i knew he was gonna blow up when i heard it. then a few months later
i heard that dre signed him.

and ppl who claim he only made it because the media portrayed him as
the white rebel or whatever the hell you are saying are wrong. his first
album slim shady lp went multi-platinum without ANY media coverage. the
marshall mathers LP got major protests agianst it and the media covered
that about the album. it was after marshall mathers when the eminem show
and then 8mile came out that the media started talking of him in the way
you say. so dont act like he needed the media. they were late comers.
Exactly!

AzNPLaYeR253
05-02-2003, 05:14 AM
Aight man, did i claim that he only made it becuz he was portrayed as a white rebel? na bitch, so quit with that. Im just tryin to keep it real but you want to go and disrupt it like that. I said that he sold alot more copies because of what the media did, not that he was dependant on it stupid.

Seriously though, your most likely one of those guys that think the "freestyles" on 8mile were the best right? Aight man keep jockin while i keep spreadin knowledge and truth. There is always someone that has to hate. Aint no thang though, you can misread my post again and reply with meaningless statements, but until then, save your bs.

Peace

sred2003
05-02-2003, 06:41 AM
Aight man keep jockin while i keep spreadin knowledge and truth. There is always someone that has to hate.

are you serious. everyone read my replies and then read his.
my replies didnt hate, they just point out where i disagree with
what you said. your replies to mine sound like you are hurt
by someone disagreeing with you. i think i made some good points
and so did the guy that posted right after me. as a matter of fact he
agreed with everything i said. i don't want to start a flame war with you
i just wanted to put in my 2 cents. you need to smoke a joint bro.
relax. flame wars are lame and anyone who hasn't learned that
by now will never learn. its all peace bro.