PDA

View Full Version : popups

ricochet
02-20-2005, 02:13 AM
I keep getting this popup. It will always take me to this page. Any ideas what it is and how to get rid of it...

http://vv7.al.57e.net/prks.php?pin=84&index_id=475&id=929079257&r=d1d59e9d7bb13d0c&id2=18f53bb2dff450b2&qq=top+spyware+removal&

S!X
02-20-2005, 02:37 AM
I keep getting this popup. It will always take me to this page. Any ideas what it is and how to get rid of it...

http://vv7.al.57e.net/prks.php?pin=84&index_id=475&id=929079257&r=d1d59e9d7bb13d0c&id2=18f53bb2dff450b2&qq=top+spyware+removal&

adware/spyware scan?
;)

Ariel_001
02-20-2005, 03:38 AM
Kinda of ironic, don’t you think? Spyware popping up ads to removing itself. :huh: :blink: :blink:

Anyways give Microsoft AntiSpyware a shot.

tesco
02-20-2005, 04:03 AM
is it a popup in an internet explorer window or does it say messenger service on it?

if internet explorer then do spyware scans with a spyware scanner program.

if it's messenger service ones then go to start>run>services.msc>find messenger and double click>set startup type to disabled, and click the stop button then apply settings.

ricochet
02-20-2005, 06:05 AM
Its not messanger ( its disabled) and I have run scans with spybot and microsoft Antispy, Still getting it...

Chewie
02-20-2005, 08:14 AM
Try Adaware and X-Cleaner. Adaware is free but X-Cleaner isn't, although there is a free version you can use that catches a lot of stuff - I've had it spot a couple of things Spybot, Adaware and the MS one all missed.

peat moss
02-20-2005, 09:38 AM
Try Adaware and X-Cleaner. Adaware is free but X-Cleaner isn't, although there is a free version you can use that catches a lot of stuff - I've had it spot a couple of things Spybot, Adaware and the MS one all missed.

Why the fuck is that I wonder ? Is that like the fable of ,build a better mouse trap and the world will beat a path to your door. :dry:

Chewie
02-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Why the fuck is that I wonder ? Is that like the fable of ,build a better mouse trap and the world will beat a path to your door. :dry:
Dunno mate, but not everyone's latest signature files will cover all the shit that's out there.

enoughfakefiles
02-20-2005, 10:49 AM
I doneloaded tha newest version of ada-ware yesterday to upgrade my old then all of a sudden i get pop-urs from avg saying that i`ve been infected with the trojan downloader agent which kindly infected several files in my sytem information volume.Which has something to do with sytem restore.:angry:

Dam windows xp it`s a virus magnet.:dry:

peat moss
02-20-2005, 11:03 AM
Dunno mate, but not everyone's latest signature files will cover all the shit that's out there.

Ya I know, pain in the ass ! Guess thats why most recomend to have two or three spyware programs running . :(

peat moss
02-20-2005, 11:18 AM
I doneloaded tha newest version of ada-ware yesterday to upgrade my old then all of a sudden i get pop-urs from avg saying that i`ve been infected with the trojan downloader agent which kindly infected several files in my sytem information volume.Which has something to do with sytem restore.:angry:

Dam windows xp it`s a virus magnet.:dry:

Oh no ! You poor bastert . You seem to know your way around a keyboard enoughfakefiles, mabye its your programs failling you? Try something different ?

I was thinking, your new to XP . Ross's guide may help .
http://www.tvg.pinecurtain.net/

If any questions fell free to pm me . :)

enoughfakefiles
02-20-2005, 11:28 AM
Oh no ! You poor bastert . You seem to know your way around a keyboard enoughfakefiles, mabye its your programs failling you? Try something different ?

I actually used to like ada-ware when i had windows 2000 but since i updated to windows xp it seems shite.:notanadawarefannomore:

/edit and just lately i seem to be a softwareworld resident.:lol: :lol:

what will them in the lounge think:whistling:

peat moss
02-20-2005, 11:36 AM
I actually used to like ada-ware when i had windows 2000 but since i updated to windows xp it seems shite.:notanadawarefannomore:

/edit and just lately i seem to be a softwareworld resident.:lol: :lol:

what will them in the lounge think:whistling:

I always seem to find friends in low places ! :lol: Microsoft antispyware seems a good one to try.

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

I still have a link to Giant antispyware if interested . :)

enoughfakefiles
02-20-2005, 11:39 AM
I `ve installed the microsoft anti-spyware and it does`nt seen that bad for microsoft.:lol:

peat moss
02-20-2005, 11:44 AM
I `ve installed the microsoft anti-spyware and it does`nt seen that bad for microsoft.:lol:

No its actualy a great program . Surprise , Surprise! They bought one of the better ones! :cool:

ricochet
02-22-2005, 04:09 AM
I still cant find this Fing thing. I have tried MS anti spy. spybot, adaware, and Xoftspy, and norton and a-squared.

Any ideas ? PLEASE

zapjb
02-22-2005, 04:19 AM
ewido security suite

ricochet
02-22-2005, 02:16 PM
I think I got it. PC ran all night and no pop ups when I got up this morning. I installed a program called giants antispy that would ID the problem. The trouble giants would not get rid of it Permanently.

It was 2 keys in the registry called IST. I had to manualy get rid of it working in safe mode. Every time giants did it or I did it in normal windows mode it would come back within minuates...

That was one of the hardest spywares I every had to get rid of.

jetje
02-22-2005, 07:36 PM
The shell may look dutch (don't know if you can set it to english?) but it's a great package!

http://www.hitmanpro.nl/

Hitman Pro is an all-in-one solution against spyware, it uses multiple well known anti-spyware programs like:

Ad-Aware SE 6.2
Webroot SpySweeper 3
Spybot Search & Destroy 1.3
SpywareBlaster 3.2
McAfee Stinger

use babelfish if you can't read dutch :P