PDA

View Full Version : piss of the Safely Remove Hardware

Adster
02-20-2005, 05:31 AM
How do you piss that icon off that comes up every time I reboot windows I have a HP printer USB plugged in and that annoying icon is always running Ianthe background

yes I can hide it but its still there running whats the point of it and how can I piss it off why does stupid windows want to unistall my hardware all the time

Chewie
02-20-2005, 08:17 AM
I can't believe you're so worked up over insignificant amounts of memory and clock cycles.

sparsely
02-20-2005, 08:50 AM
that just stops / starts a service befoe you disconnect your device.
you can unplug it with no harm...but I don't know if you can disable it...I've never found out how.

peat moss
02-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Ya I 'm anal about that shit too!
http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/howto-07.html

Adster
02-20-2005, 11:19 AM
I'm not worked up about memory clock etc it irritates me it is running in the background and that theres a icon there that shouldn't be it just looks a mess seeing all those icons there. especially if its one I never use

and yes as I already stated before I Know you can hide the icon but i is still there

peat moss
02-20-2005, 11:54 AM
I'm not worked up about memory clock etc it irritates me it is running in the background and that theres a icon there that shouldn't be it just looks a mess seeing all those icons there. especially if its one I never use

and yes as I already stated before I Know you can hide the icon but i is still there

Did you try my link ?

backlash
02-20-2005, 02:11 PM
not all printers do this and it IS an annoying feature. For printers that are usually made to be plugged in one time and not removed there's no reason to have that icon. My parents have an HP that does this and it's so annoying. Always hide is the only option.

enoughfakefiles
02-20-2005, 02:45 PM
not all printers do this and it IS an annoying feature. For printers that are usually made to be plugged in one time and not removed there's no reason to have that icon. My parents have an HP that does this and it's so annoying. Always hide is the only option.

Is this not because it`s a usb connection on your printer. :rolleyes:

tesco
02-20-2005, 03:49 PM
ya I hate it when that comes up with my iPod. :angry:

fkdup74
02-20-2005, 04:27 PM

i have a USB printer.....
i dont have that icon :P
and its an HP as well

-edit-
try getting the latest driver package from HP Ad
or uninstalling/reinstalling the printer
there has to be some way to make windows realize its not a "quick remove" piece of hardware

backlash
02-20-2005, 07:23 PM

nope. I have a usb printer and once it's installed there is no icon. No safely remove hardware icon in my tray.

Ariel_001
02-20-2005, 07:54 PM
ya I hate it when that comes up with my iPod. :angry:

It makes sense for your ipod,

It's that HP sucks, Their drivers are all bloted and crap.

tesco
02-20-2005, 11:04 PM
It makes sense for your ipod,

It's that HP sucks, Their drivers are all bloted and crap.
yup.
i hate the drivers for my scanner, and don't even use the printer ones (i use windows built in one).

still why is that icon there at all? you can still remove the hardware without any problems. :huh: there should be a way to disable it...

Adster
02-20-2005, 11:24 PM
yeah i tryed unistalling reinstalling it the fucking icon comes up as soon as you plug the device in. i wouldn't care if its a digital camera etc as the idea supposing of that icon is for hot swappable which a fucking printer isn't!!!!!!

that icon actually doesn't come up for my digital camera or PS2 XBport Joy pad but decides to come up with something I have plugged in 24/7

yes I read the link i already have it as always hide

tesco
02-21-2005, 03:49 AM
yeah i tryed unistalling reinstalling it the fucking icon comes up as soon as you plug the device in. i wouldn't care if its a digital camera etc as the idea supposing of that icon is for hot swappable which a fucking printer isn't!!!!!!

that icon actually doesn't come up for my digital camera or PS2 XBport Joy pad but decides to come up with something I have plugged in 24/7

yes I read the link i already have it as always hide
have u tried the windows built in drivers to see if they do the same thing?

Izagaia
02-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Ya I 'm anal about that shit too!
http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/howto-07.html

Oh yes... I am all too familiar with this annoyance also. :dry:

I have been doing the same thing that the link suggests. My Compaq (an HP in sheeps clothing) has one of those "9-in1" card readers built into the face of the tower. A USB mass storage device. Same damnable problem. :frusty: