PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle v Chelsea

Cheese
02-20-2005, 11:09 AM
Newcastle v Chelsea preview

Chelsea's bid for a four trophy haul takes them to St James' Park on Sunday in what is arguably the tie of the round, shown live on Sky Sports 1.

The two sides met earlier in the campaign in the Carling Cup and it was Jose Mourinho's side which eventually came out on top courtesy of Eidur Gudjohnsen's winner.

Mourinho has stated that the FA Cup is not a priority and as consequence, it is likely more star names, along with Arjen Robben, will be watching from the sidelines.

Barcelona loom on a midweek horizon and with this is mind, Mourinho will rest virtual ever present Frank Lampard - with Jiri Jarosik (who is ineligible for the UEFA Champions League) set to deputise.

Newcastle boss Graeme Souness will be further hearted by the news that John Terry is suspended, but probably less so when he realises Ricardo Carvalho is fit again to replace him.

Didier Drogba has been missing since the start of the month with a groin injury and it is likely that Gudjohnsen will start as a lone striker with support from Joe Cole and Damien Duff.

Record breaking Petr Cech, as in the Carling Cup, could be rested with Carlo Cudicini an able deputy if called upon.

Mateja Kezman is back in Chelsea's squad after injury but is likely to have to settle for a place on the bench unless Mourinho saves his Icelandic hit man for Barcelona.

Newcastle will have tired legs after their exertions in the Uefa Cup on Thursday and could be without former Chelsea full-back Celestine Babayaro who is battling a knee injury sustained in Heerenveen.

Influential midfielder Nicky Butt is struggling to beat an ankle injury, whilst Souness will also need to check on the fitness of Jean Alain-Boumsong (back) and Kieron Dyer (viral infection).

To compound Souness' midfield concerns, Lee Bowyer and Amdy Faye are suspended.

Mourinho may have one eye on his midweek duel with Frank Rijkaard but Chelsea have repeatedly shown this season they can dig deep and the depth of their squad could still prove too much for Newcastle.

C'mon teh toon. :01: :D :01:

enoughfakefiles
02-20-2005, 11:58 AM
The early match on bcc one earlier will be better.Burnley Vs blackurn:burnley seasonticketholder::grin:

I see on the telly the other day that the chelsea manarger could`nt stop shaking the other managers hand at the begiinning of the match the other day.:wonderifhegottoldoff:

Cheese
02-20-2005, 01:55 PM
I have roused my friend Alan from her hangover so it looks like I'll be watching the game in the pub. NUFC haven't won a game I've watched in a pub since...god knows when...:(

DanB
02-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Go on Chelsea :01:

Peerzy
02-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Go on Chelsea :01:

Agree'd, Newcastle are gonna get pwnd :azad:

Theres no stopping Chelsea winning 4 cups now, they've already pritty much one the premiership :01:

Cheese
02-20-2005, 02:07 PM
Agree'd, Newcastle are gonna get pwnd :azad:

Theres no stopping Chelsea winning 4 cups now, they've already pritty much one the premiership :01:

Care to wager on that? :shifty:

DanB
02-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Unfortunately I won't be watching round my mate's house as I had hoped :(

Cheese
02-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Unfortunately I won't be watching round my mate's house as I had hoped :(

Come down my local pub.

DanB
02-20-2005, 02:23 PM
By the time I get there the game will be over :(

Peerzy
02-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Care to wager on that? :shifty:

Iv already placed £10 on it with another mate.

@Dan - If your like me and dont have Sky Sports and can't be assed walking to teh pub you can listen to it trough teh net radio.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/digitalradio/images/listennow.gif (http://www.bbc.co.uk/digitalradio/vi.ram)

Cheese
02-20-2005, 02:26 PM
By the time I get there the game will be over :(

If you had a better upload then I could download you into my shared folder.

DanB
02-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Iv already placed £10 on it with another mate.

@Dan - If your like me and dont have Sky Sports and can't be assed walking to teh pub you can listen to it trough teh net radio.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/digitalradio/images/listennow.gif (http://www.bbc.co.uk/digitalradio/vi.ram)

Is it airing the game?

Just normally when I try to listen to a football game that is on Sky on the net radio I gtet told 'due to licensing requirements we are not airing this commentary' :angry:

Sorry Cheese :(

Cheese
02-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Is it airing the game?

Just normally when I try to listen to a football game that is on Sky on the net radio I gtet told 'due to licensing requirements we are not airing this commentary' :angry:

That is very annoying when that happens. I should buy a radio really but I'm far too snobbish to have such primitive technology in my home.

Peerzy
02-20-2005, 02:33 PM
Is it airing the game?

Sorry Cheese :(

Yeah the guy on Match Of The Day yesterday said click onto BBC Digital radio to listen to the match live, im pritty sure :)

DanB
02-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Yeah the guy on Match Of The Day yesterday said click onto BBC Digital radio to listen to the match live, im pritty sure :)

You sure he wasn't talking about the game you were watching? :unsure:

I could listen to it on AM radio but it sounds shite, all crackles, pops and whistles :dry:

Peerzy
02-20-2005, 02:38 PM
You sure he wasn't talking about the game you were watching? :unsure:

I hope not, i was watching teh Man U Vs Everton match and they were rounding up the 'next week in sport' bit. At least i think, you;ve out doubts in my mind now :no:

enoughfakefiles
02-20-2005, 02:42 PM
I could listen to it on AM radio but it sounds shite, all crackles, pops and whistles :dry:

This the effects department on the radio. :ph34r:

DanB
02-20-2005, 02:43 PM
I hope not, i was watching teh Man U Vs Everton match and they were rounding up the 'next week in sport' bit. At least i think, you;ve out doubts in my mind now :no:

I guess we will find out at 4pm :crying:

Peerzy
02-20-2005, 02:47 PM
I guess we will find out at 4pm :crying:

After doing some quick googling i found This (http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/sport/commentaries.shtml) which proves i was wrong its not on BBC Digital its on BBC Five, which can be played online Here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/fivelive.shtml).

Sunday 20 February 16:05
Newcastle United v Chelsea
FA Cup 5th Round
Five Live
Click To Play (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/fivelive.shtml)

Cheese
02-20-2005, 02:48 PM
I will take my computer to the pub and set up a webcast via MSN and and extension cord for my internet connection.

enoughfakefiles
02-20-2005, 02:48 PM
I was going to say will it not be on five live commentated by that big chelsea fan david meller. :ph34r:

Peerzy
02-20-2005, 02:49 PM
I will take my computer to the pub and set up a webcast via MSN and and extension cord for my internet connection.

Thats really the only way me and Dan are gonna get out of having to walk anywhere, good thinking :D

DanB
02-20-2005, 03:05 PM
I think I have been talked into going into the pub to wathc it instead :lol:

Peerzy
02-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Newcastle 1 - 0 Chelsea
Kluivert 4mins

:(

DanB
02-20-2005, 07:13 PM
Fuck fuck fuck fuck

scribblec
02-20-2005, 07:23 PM
anyone kno where to get highlights.. its not on motd and this match sounded good

all 3 subs at half time
2 players get injusred keeper gets sent off
defender goes in goal

enoughfakefiles
02-20-2005, 07:42 PM
anyone kno where to get highlights.. its not on motd and this match sounded good

all 3 subs at half time
2 players get injusred keeper gets sent off
defender goes in goal

It`s on BBc 2 now.

Peerzy
02-20-2005, 07:58 PM
I think Duff should have started, one of the reasons Chelsea have been so good this season is Duff's ability to make dashing runs, the person who replaced him (and Robben) didnt have any pace and didnt play wide leaving the wide midfield open to NC runs. Also i think Gudjohnsen should have started because Kezmn was trying his hardest but had no support and without Drogba the team didnt have the great striking power.

Hopefully this will all be in vain come Wednesday we kick Bacalona's ass.

enoughfakefiles
02-20-2005, 08:02 PM
Hopefully this will all be in vain come Wednesday we kick Bacalona's ass.

At least seamans not in goal so theres a chance that ronaldino might not score.
:lol:

Peerzy
02-20-2005, 08:06 PM
At least seamans not in goal so theres a chance that ronaldino might not score.
:lol:

Ronaldinho needs to get a mouth piece before he bytes a player by accident.

http://www.irancartoon.com/footnet/a/Lacost/Ronaldinho.jpg

:01:

Rat Faced
02-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Good scoreline :01:

Awww, Chelsea cant go for the 4 now.... shame :rolleyes:

Cheese
02-21-2005, 07:47 AM
:01: :D :01:

Toon army! :01:

That is all.

Cheese
02-21-2005, 09:03 AM
Bring on Burnley!:01:

manker
02-21-2005, 10:13 AM

It could all start falling apart for Chelski now, I am tempted to support the Scousers for the Worthless Cup final next week.

Man Utd are the best team in the country on current form and look capable of winning every Premiership game for the rest of the season -- plus Ruud is back for the Milan game on Wednesday :D

Proper Bo
02-21-2005, 10:17 AM
i was there :smug face here:

DanB
02-21-2005, 10:19 AM
they all come out of the woodwork now :dry:

Cheese
02-21-2005, 10:51 AM

Judging from the pissed off emails from my psuedo-girlfriend I must have got shit-faced last night. Twas a great day though, the pub was full of geordies all wearing teh black & white. :01:

enoughfakefiles
02-21-2005, 12:53 PM
I`m going to get a ticket for the replay at blackburn.That should be fun. :lol:

manker
02-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Quarter Final draw:

Newcastle v Tottenham or Nottingham Forest.
Southampton or Brentford v Manchester United.
Bolton v Arsenal or Sheffield United.
Burnley or Blackburn v Leicester.

I'm happy with that, Toon lads should be too but the Arse have got a tricky encounter should they successfully negotiate the might of The Blades :shifty:

Cheese
02-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Quarter Final draw:

Newcastle v Tottenham or Nottingham Forest.
Southampton or Brentford v Manchester United.
Bolton v Arsenal or Sheffield United.
Burnley or Blackburn v Leicester.

I'm happy with that, Toon lads should be too but the Arse have got a tricky encounter should they successfully negotiate the might of The Blades :shifty:

Me likes the draw. A NUFC/Brentford final would be ideal. :shifty: