PDA

View Full Version : Sunday plans.

hobbes
02-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Ok, the deal is that I need to go to work at 6:00 am tomorrow for a day from hell so I need to get my Sunday started early.

I just ordered 25 buffalo wings from Wings-n-more and my fridge is stocked with Budweiser.

I have 3 new movies to chose from:

Donnie Darko- Directors cut
Fraility
Saw

I have already seen Donnie Darko, but there may be some good stuff I haven't in the directors cut.

Any advice on how to procede this afternoon?

Got to go pick up those spicy wings now, what you gonna do this fine day?

Lilmiss
02-20-2005, 06:25 PM
Oooh...I haven't watched Saw yet.
Watch that and let us know if it's any good. :01:

I'm going work in half hour. Bah.
May try and steal the pub quiz for you guys, it's always blinking hard.

Mr. Mulder
02-20-2005, 06:26 PM
it's nearly finished :ermm: got "Man On Fire" to watch later on, should be good :unsure:

those wings sound tasty :drool:

(didn't think much to saw :ermm: )

Gemby!
02-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Saw - i am gonna watch it tonight if i have time :01:

Snee
02-20-2005, 06:41 PM
[review] Donny Darko director's cut. (http://moderation.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1312)
:unsure:

100%
02-20-2005, 06:41 PM
i have seen 2(D&S) of them - if it were me - watch Frailty 1st since you will give us a review on it.
then onto saw (since youve seen Donnie)

geek that i am - heres a non revealing review

Frailty is an imaginative semi-supernatural thriller that pushes genre boundaries and tells a great, albeit depressing, story.
definetly start with it

awaiting "review" (also of the buffallo wings)

ruthie
02-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Wish it wwas movie day here. I have to go do laundry, which involves going out. The cottage I live in doesn't have machine hookups, so my washer and dryer sit out in the barn, probably taken over by mice. Then, I'll clean the rest of the day. oh yeah..I have to write a personal resume as to why I want back into college, my goals, etc. I also have to "explain" what I've done since high school. Can't ell them all my secrets.

hobbes
02-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Wings are definitely nice.

Got me kind of feeling cheeky though.

Think I'll don my best chav suit and head to the mall where I will insult people at the local food court for a few hours.

After a breif skirmish with "Johnny Law", I think I'll probably check out Saw while drinking Biggles favorite wine MD 20/20 in a sleeveless "wife-beater style" white t-shirt.

ruthie
02-20-2005, 07:04 PM
If you really want to insult the food court folks, be sure to wear a political shirt

hobbes
02-20-2005, 07:06 PM
Wish it wwas movie day here. I have to go do laundry, which involves going out. The cottage I live in doesn't have machine hookups, so my washer and dryer sit out in the barn, probably taken over by mice. Then, I'll clean the rest of the day. oh yeah..I have to write a personal resume as to why I want back into college, my goals, etc. I also have to "explain" what I've done since high school. Can't ell them all my secrets.

I know what you should be doing today.

Moving.

I spent many years visiting the local laundromat. Even after having my own w&d for 5 years now, I still really appreciate the convenience. Usually I place my washed clothes in the dryer when I wake up, and by the time I'm showered and shaved, I have warm fresh clothes to wear.

My clothes are in 2 places- on the floor of my closet, or in the washer. Hangers? I don't need no stinkin' hangers.

ruthie
02-20-2005, 07:09 PM
I know what you should be doing today.

Moving.

I spent many years visiting the local laundromat. Even after having my own w&d for 5 years now, I still really appreciate the convenience. Usually I place my washed clothes in the dryer when I wake up, and by the time I'm showered and shaved, I have warm fresh clothes to wear.

My clothes are in 2 places- on the floor of my closet, or in the washer. Hangers? I don't need no stinkin' hangers.

LOL. Wish we had our own house. Even if we had hookups, I don't know where the hell we'd fit the machines..but I'd fit them somewhere. Hangers? They are OK, but I do not iron...I rewash. This is very disturbing. ROFL

hobbes
02-20-2005, 07:24 PM
LOL. Wish we had our own house. Even if we had hookups, I don't know where the hell we'd fit the machines..but I'd fit them somewhere. Hangers? They are OK, but I do not iron...I rewash. This is very disturbing. ROFL

I get very strong images of the movie "flashback" with Kiefer sutherland and dennis hopper when I think of your living situation.

You are like his sister (I think) Maggie living in some old hippie commune barn.

ruthie
02-20-2005, 07:29 PM
I get very strong images of the movie "flashback" with Kiefer sutherland and dennis hopper when I think of your living situation.

You are like his sister (I think) Maggie living in some old hippie commune barn.
Wasn't that Carol Kane? Too funny. Nah, not that bad. I'm was a hippie, actually did live with a group of people for a few years. But...Scroff was a rednecky kinda guy. We've both mellowed with age.
I loved that movie. Of course, i really liked her character.

sparsely
02-20-2005, 07:52 PM
i'd forego the movie, drink all the beer, go get more, find some mushrooms and eat those, then go out in the wilderness, perhaps in some sort of historical-type ruined area, and let fascination take over.

you'll be fine for tomorrow :D

Snee
02-20-2005, 07:52 PM

Nah, she wasn't his sister, she was a friend of kiefer's parents and a fan of hopper's, if we are thinking of the same movie.

hobbes
02-20-2005, 08:27 PM
i'd forego the movie, drink all the beer, go get more, find some mushrooms and eat those, then go out in the wilderness, perhaps in some sort of historical-type ruined area, and let fascination take over.

you'll be fine for tomorrow :D

Well, we have the Alamo here in San Antonio. It is historic, but not exactly ruined or in the wilderness, but I could ad lib, I suppose.

Snny: You may be right, I can't remember.

Ruthie: It was Carol Kane.

bigboab
02-20-2005, 08:38 PM
Well, we have the Alamo here in San Antonio. It is historic, but not exactly ruined or in the wilderness, but I could ad lib, I suppose.

Snny: You may be right, I can't remember.

Ruthie: It was Carol Kane.

John Wayne ad libbed at the Alamo. :) So go ahead, a big wean should be allowed to do it too. :)

hobbes
02-21-2005, 12:10 AM
Just finished "Saw", probably one of the best horror films ever.

vidcc
02-21-2005, 12:19 AM
Just finished "Saw", probably one of the best horror films ever.

did it have this guy in it?

http://www.lumberliquidators.com/images/vila_approval02.jpg

ruthie
02-21-2005, 01:12 AM
Nah, she wasn't his sister, she was a friend of kiefer's parents and a fan of hopper's, if we are thinking of the same movie.

Correct.
about the movie Saw..how is it I neverheard of this thing? any good?

sArA
02-21-2005, 01:27 AM
John Wayne ad libbed at the Alamo. :) So go ahead, a big wean should be allowed to do it too. :)

And Ozzy pissed up it....but he thought it was just a wall...bless... :lol:

Mr. Mulder
02-21-2005, 10:03 AM
got "Man On Fire" to watch later on, should be good :unsure:

fantastic film, highly recommend it :01:

hobbes
02-23-2005, 06:33 AM
"Frailty" was awesome as well, I will say no more.

Yogi
02-23-2005, 01:52 PM
Saw Saw a few weeks ago.

Glad i decided to watch alone.

Fre would have had a bad night sleep over that one.

Most horrors make me laugh, but this one was the bomb!!!

Yogi

hobbes
02-27-2005, 09:16 PM
That picture of the man crying in the foreground and the "deadbody" standing up in the backround, unseen to the crying man, is one for the archives of great cinematography.

enoughfakefiles
02-27-2005, 09:32 PM
I just ordered 25 buffalo wings from Wings-n-more and my fridge is stocked with Budweiser.

What part of the buffalo are these from.????? :unsure:

I`m downloading the director cut of saw.Does any body know if it`s better than the original.?? :D