PDA

View Full Version : hp printers....how to deal with them?

mikenmike0001
02-20-2005, 07:28 PM
not sure if this topics been covered.

but okay, i was reading from this weekends business section and the titled stated

"HP sued over printer technology ..suit:indicator that ink is out deceives

users"

"the smart chip is dually engineered to prematurely register ink depletion and to render a cartridge unusable throught eh use of a built-in experation date that is not revealed to the consumer. The suit was filed on behalf of HP customers who bought HP inkjet printers from February 2001 to the present that contain a smart chip or technology that prematurely registers the cartidge is empty or expired. On Wednesday, HP reported the printer division earned $6.1 billion in revenue and had an operating profit of $932 million in the first fiscal quarter that ended 31."

DAMN IT!!! I OWN AN HP PRINTER THAT DOES THE SAME FUCKIN THING......those hp cartridges are like 30 bucks a piece...and i get the same type of errors, where like you still have like 20% of the ink left and it makes me replace them.......i tried going to costco and buying cheap refilles (10 bucks).....but it won't get recognized on the hp printer....so that was a waste of money too!!

is there any way to get around this or "trick" the printer?

sparsely
02-20-2005, 07:40 PM
hp is well known for the quality of their laser printers...
and that's about it :D

backlash
02-21-2005, 11:41 AM
I just ignore the message that says ink is low until I actually SEE the ink is low. Never had a problem continuing to use it after the message appears.

TheDave
02-21-2005, 12:23 PM
i reckon theyre badly programed on purpose, i got some cartridges but the blue head was blocked, i tried the head cleaner but it was wasting the other colours so i made a big blue square in psp and printed it. it hardly showed up until the last inch of paper but the thingy reported i used 25% of my ink

bigdawgfoxx
02-21-2005, 12:35 PM
throw it out the window. Hp printers piss me off

clocker
02-21-2005, 04:54 PM
ALL printers piss me off.

After internet connection problems, our shop deals with printer disasters the most.
I don't even own one at home....HATE 'EM, HATE 'EM, HATE 'EM.

If I really need something printed (rarely) I'll either send it over to the shop printer or burn to disc and let Kinko's do it.
Let them deal with those crappy pieces of hardware.....

bigdawgfoxx
02-21-2005, 05:12 PM

After internet connection problems, our shop deals with printer disasters the most.

If I really need something printed (rarely) I'll either send it over to the shop printer or burn to disc and let Kinko's do it.

amen

lynx
02-21-2005, 05:20 PM
http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/grc7077/$FILE/hammer%20-%20sledge.jpg

mikenmike0001
02-21-2005, 09:23 PM
yeah, but it cost me back then like almost 500 bucks...it's one of those "all in one" type of things..

and i can't ignore the message, cuz even when i do and i try to print, it just halts on me.

sparsely
02-21-2005, 10:07 PM

a good quality laser is very nice to have.
I've set up hundreds @ work, and they rarely ever have any problems (aside from user errors and routine maintenance kits)
but if you just print mostly text, a nice little laserjet 1300 or something will last quite a while, and give good service.

hell, we've still got some laserjet 4's & 5's in service :P