PDA

View Full Version : Favours for friends

Skweeky1
02-20-2005, 08:50 PM
My friend phoned me on friday to ask if I could watch her little boy from saturday evening til sunday so she could go and see her boyfriend.
Obviously I said it would be ok. She said she'd be back at 5PM on sunday at the latest.
At 2.30 I decided to go back to my place since I had still loads of work to do so I text her to let her know that.

It is now nearly quarter to nine and still no sign of her. I can't reach her either. And the wee man is ill now as well :(

Any advice on how to deal with a 2-year old who's got diarrhoea and throws up? :unsure:

hobbes
02-20-2005, 08:56 PM
My friend phoned me on friday to ask if I could watch her little boy from saturday evening til sunday so she could go and see her boyfriend.
Obviously I said it would be ok. She said she'd be back at 5PM on sunday at the latest.
At 2.30 I decided to go back to my place since I had still loads of work to do so I text her to let her know that.

It is now nearly quarter to nine and still no sign of her. I can't reach her either. And the wee man is ill now as well :(

Any advice on how to deal with a 2-year old who's got diarrhoea and throws up? :unsure:

Put it in the tub, it takes care of clean up concerns.

Skweeky1
02-20-2005, 08:59 PM
Funny you say that

I ran out of nappies as well

Rat Faced
02-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Muhahaha

Serves you right for leaving me dying last week, and not even leaving those damn anti-biotics i waited in the hospital for hours for. :P

Skweeky1
02-20-2005, 09:05 PM
It's not funny. The poor wee thing is really ill and I know bugger all about medication for kids over here. I only know Calpol but I don't think that's going to help anything at all for what he's got.

I'm serious, is there any stuff like immodium for kids or something?

Virtualbody1234
02-20-2005, 09:06 PM
What do you mean you can't reach her? Doesn't she have a phone?

If it was me I would not watch over the child if there wasn't a way to keep in communication.

Give her shit when she finally shows and tell her that it's the last time.

About the sick one... Does he have a fever?

hobbes
02-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Muhahaha

Serves you right for leaving me dying last week, and not even leaving those damn anti-biotics i waited in the hospital for hours for. :P

I would assume you had an STD, but then again that would mean you had some success with a woman. So that's out of the equation.

Did you have a peri-anal abscess or something?

Rat Faced
02-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Calpol is a paracetamol suspension fluid.

If you dont have any, give him 1/4 (NO MORE THAN THAT AT THAT AGE) of a paracetamol, crushed up in some juice.

As he has diarriah, you want that juice very diluted...just enough to hide the med

Rat Faced
02-20-2005, 09:09 PM
I would assume you had an STD, but then again that would mean you had some success with a woman. So that's out of the equation.

You know my luck so well.

Sonja is far too intelligent to fall for my machinations (as are most ofl the other members of the superior sex) :(

Virtualbody1234
02-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Calpol is a paracetamol suspension fluid.

If you dont have any, give him 1/4 (NO MORE THAN THAT AT THAT AGE) of a paracetamol, crushed up in some juice.

As he has diarriah, you want that juice very diluted...just enough to hide the med
That's Acetaminophen.

hobbes
02-20-2005, 09:10 PM
It's not funny. The poor wee thing is really ill and I know bugger all about medication for kids over here. I only know Calpol but I don't think that's going to help anything at all for what he's got.

I'm serious, is there any stuff like immodium for kids or something?

If the child is seriously ill and has diarrhea and can't keep fluids down then go to the hospital ER. They can rehydrate him via IV.

Let his Mom learn a lesson in responsibility. Don't take any chances with the kids health in hopes that his Mom will bail you out.

Do what makes you feel comfortable and let Mom deal with the consequences.

Snee
02-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Make sure he gets something to drink every so often. Wee buggers like that get dehydrated easily.

hobbes
02-20-2005, 09:15 PM
That's Acetaminophen.

Never mind, you are right. :blushing:

Snee
02-20-2005, 09:20 PM
Are you quite sure of that?

The morphine derivate bit that is.

As far as I know paracetamol is sometimes used in conjunction with morphine and morphine derivates like codeine, with sometimes dodgy results. Didn't know they were that close.

And last time I checked it was a hell of a lot better for the stomach than acetylsalisylic acid, or whatever you call it in your parts.

Meh, bit behind on the postage.

Virtualbody1234
02-20-2005, 09:20 PM
Never mind, you are right. :blushing:
What did you say the first time? Just curious.

Virtualbody1234
02-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Are you quite sure of that?

The morphine derivate bit that is.

As far as I know paracetamol is sometimes used in conjunction with morphine and morphine derivates like codeine, with sometimes dodgy results. Didn't know they were that close.

And last time I checked it was a hell of a lot better for the stomach than acetylsalisylic acid, or whatever you call it in your parts.

Meh, bit behind on the postage.
Don't use acetylsalicylic acid on children. There is a risk of Rye Syndrome if you do.

Skweeky1
02-20-2005, 09:26 PM
He's got a bit of temperature but not much.

She does have a mobile but she's not answering it for some reason...
I don't have any Calpol, but I do have some paracetamol...
I'll try a bit of that, if nothing else, it should make him feel a bit better.
He's on the sofa now looking very sleepy and sad. Awwwww

Snee
02-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Don't use acetylsalicylic acid on children. There is a risk of Rye Syndrome if you do.
Yeah, i knoes, i never use the stuff.

Eats away at the stomach lining on adults, I hate to think what it'd do to a child.

Rat Faced
02-20-2005, 09:28 PM
He's got a bit of temperature but not much.

She does have a mobile but she's not answering it for some reason...
I don't have any Calpol, but I do have some paracetamol...
I'll try a bit of that, if nothing else, it should make him feel a bit better.
He's on the sofa now looking very sleepy and sad. Awwwww

Remember not to give more than 1/4 of a tablet Sonja..

He aint big enough for more yet. Poor sod
:unsure:

Skweeky1
02-20-2005, 09:29 PM
Done.... just hope it'll stay where it's supposed to be :x

hobbes
02-20-2005, 09:36 PM
What did you say the first time? Just curious.

I confused medication names.

There was a morphine derivative call "pergoric" that worked for constipation but did not have the central nervous system effects. It hasn't been used for quite some time in the US.

I guess I was thinking of that because Tylenol has no use for diarrhea or vomiting, but pergoric does.

It was a brain fart on my part :lol:

Virtualbody1234
02-20-2005, 09:38 PM
I confused medication names.

There was a morphine derivative call "pergoric" that worked for constipation but did not have the central nervous system effects. It hasn't been used for quite some time in the US.

I guess I was thinking of that because Tylenol has no use for diarrhea or vomiting, but pergoric does.

It was a brain fart on my part :lol:
Alright cool.

Virtualbody1234
02-20-2005, 09:40 PM
Childcare via the internet...

Peerzy
02-20-2005, 09:44 PM
If i was in your shoes (UK10 i hope) any more trouble (sick or shitting) take him to the Hospital. For two reasons; 1) to make sure he's perfectly alright, and 2) To give the mother a shock when she realises that while her child was in hospital she wasnt answering the phone and was using her hands on other 'things'.

Skweeky1
02-20-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm merely a size 7, so you'll have to squeeze a bit.

He's asleep now. Just hope it stays that way.

Virtualbody1234
02-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Skweeky. Be sure to get the mother to read this thread.

Peerzy
02-20-2005, 09:51 PM
I'm merely a size 7, so you'll have to squeeze a bit.

He's asleep now. Just hope it stays that way.

Have you tried the BF's house or have then gone out? Also put 141 before the phone number (mobile) that way it will say Private number.

Skweeky1
02-20-2005, 09:54 PM
Just got a text from her.
Apparently she missed the Glasgow stop because she fell asleep on the bus. She'll be here in an hour

:angry:

Peerzy
02-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Just got a text from her.
Apparently she missed the Glasgow stop because she fell asleep on the bus. She'll be here in an hour

:angry:

Don't be shouty angry, just stress how ill he's been while she's been off somewhere, also stress how you had all this work to get done for 2moro and have had none of it done. Be disappointed, its more likley to get you free stuff from her. Aim high, a new pair of UK7 boots :shifty:

Skweeky1
02-20-2005, 10:30 PM
I don't get shouty angry :huh:

Anyway, I just wish she'd hurry up. I'm exhausted and I want to go to bed.

Biggles
02-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Bad luck Sweeky.

They really drain you when they are unwell. They usually recover and are full of energy just as you are about to drop with exhaustion. :wacko: