PDA

View Full Version : TorrentSpy : THE TRUTH FOUND OUT BY Me LOL

NeoTheOne
02-22-2005, 02:29 AM
Well recently i was being bombarded by ip conecttion attempts from Hw interactive. well with some little reaserch i found out that this was Hollywood Interactive ( UH OH ) Than i started to get paranoid and i downlaoded protowall becasue i herd it bloced every connection (like anti p2p). More reaserch i did and found out that HW interactive is acctlly comming from torrentspy.com WOW lol, try it your self if you dont belive me get protowall install it then go to www.torrentspy.com and look at the protowall icon block all the HW interactivce attmpets

silent h3ro
02-22-2005, 02:35 AM
Maybe they monitor TorrentSpy. Its hard to believe they actually run it.

NeoTheOne
02-22-2005, 02:36 AM
yea thats what i ment there like montioring a p2p site lol

silent h3ro
02-22-2005, 02:39 AM
yea thats what i ment there like montioring a p2p site lol Ohh, lol. Thats pretty common when they monitor p2p sites. Remember suprnova? The movie section there was tracked by the MPAA, and Lokitorrent was tracked and got shut down by them.

NeoTheOne
02-22-2005, 02:42 AM
oo didnt know that and lol and is that safe for us as the users lol ?

Peerzy
02-22-2005, 02:49 AM
oo didnt know that and lol and is that safe for us as the users lol ?

Not really. Learn to deal with it, go onto a private torrent site, or use other methods.

silent h3ro
02-22-2005, 02:51 AM
oo didnt know that and lol and is that safe for us as the users lol ? Well those sites just provide the torrent files which is legal, I believe for the actual torrent files themselves. I would'nt say its safe for the users but the chances of getting caught are slim. Plus I think its even harder for them to prove it in court or w/e they do to try and catch us.

NeoTheOne
02-22-2005, 03:05 AM
ahhh okay lol. On the safe side ima use demonoid instead of downloading from torrentspy , ima just use torrentspy for the news

Peerzy
02-22-2005, 03:08 AM
ahhh okay lol. On the safe side ima use demonoid instead of downloading from torrentspy , ima just use torrentspy for the news

You might want to get Peerguardian if your using Bittorent as well.

RealitY
02-22-2005, 03:46 AM
He mentioned already having Protowall which is better usually...

mogadishu
02-22-2005, 04:18 AM
protowall and peerguardian are just placebo in my opinion. If MPAA etc. want to catch you they will. Unless you actually run the site or are one of the first releasers, I don't believe the MPAA will be going after you. They would much rather spend their resources shutting down the sites and preventing 1000's from downloading than suing a few people and recovering some pocket change.

vivitron 15
02-22-2005, 09:49 AM
and you havent considered that the ip in that could be mine, and you're just blocking my attempts to send you the file on my uber-fast connection

Xanthus
02-22-2005, 10:46 PM
Hollywood Interactive was located at the same datacenter where we are hosting Torrentspy now. This is why peer guardian and those other programs detect the torrentspy IP range as being Hollywood Interactive. Torrentspy is not affiliated with Hollywood Interactive or any movie association such as the MPAA.

We're working on getting our IP removed from that list.

Xanthus
Torrentspy.com

erRor67
02-23-2005, 02:04 AM
Nice. I use torrentspy as my main torrent source, hate to see it change. Lol.

NeoTheOne
02-23-2005, 03:02 AM
okay so its done HW intercative has nothing to do with torrentspy becasue toorentspy said it itself case closed ~~

Filliz
02-23-2005, 08:13 AM
okay so its done HW intercative has nothing to do with torrentspy becasue toorentspy said it itself case closed ~~

Doesn't take much to convince you,does it? :huh:
Or were you being sarcastic?

Not saying Xanthus is full of sh*t but he can pretty much say anything he wants.

For all you know he could be a MPAA wanker acting like the owner of torrentspy.

No offense Xanthus :lol:
Just trying to say to neo that anybody can be anyone saying anything. ;)

Sort the IP thingy out and all should be well. :cool:

Cheese
02-23-2005, 08:45 AM
Oh noes!!!

Hollywood is running one of the biggest torrent search engines...the fiends, who would have suspected? :blink:

4play
02-23-2005, 11:20 AM
protowall blocks the range 64.27.0.0-64.27.31.255 for hw interactive

torrentspy's ip addy is 64.69.41.91 cant see why the hell you are getting hits. but at a guess i would say its the ads. check ircspy.com as well and see if the ads there set it off.

I had a look about and it appears other are having problem with protowall blocking this range. for a start it instantly blocks the indymedia server in dc

http://64.27.25.165

Xanthus
02-23-2005, 06:48 PM
Do you realise the scope of this range?? 64.27.0.0 Some jackass submitted 11,005 IP addresses as being hollywood interactive. Our websites themselves are not on the list. It's our ad server that is. We're simply going to change the IP.

Do you REALLY think that hollywood interactive would run a major torrent site if their entire GOAL was to stop torrent sites?

Do you EVEN know if hollywood interactive even cares about filesharing?

Take off that tin foil hat guys and relax.

Formula1
02-23-2005, 08:05 PM
I always have peer guardian running in the background. and it seemed when i downloaded most torrent files , HW interactive will always try to connect with me, but peer guardian is able to reject the ip from connecting to me. :D , so mainly it's because of torrent spy ( i use torrent spy for most of my movies :( )....

NeoTheOne
02-23-2005, 10:01 PM
i was being so so i mean he could be lien and he could not be lien only he knows im just gonna avoid torrentspy for awhile

{I}{K}{E}
02-23-2005, 10:03 PM
i was being so so i mean he could be lien and he could not be lien only he knows im just gonna avoid torrentspy for awhile

:lol: :lol:

I checked Xanthus IP, HE IS FROM THE MPAA :devil: :angry: :ph34r:

:lol:

4play
02-23-2005, 10:18 PM
Have you ever taken the time to look at the blocklist for peerguardian. why the hell are some of these companies on there. I noticed oracle (database company) is in the list. I have never seen any oracle products on p2p sites mainly because they give free personal versions away. why the hell have they been added ?

face it these lists are a complete waste of time. hw interactive has absolutely nothing to do with torrentyspy apart from they once shared the same hosting company. i cant understand how hw interactive could possible have an ip range that big. they dont and you should complain to the protowall/peerguardian people about this false positive.

If they want to catch pirates they are not going to do it from ip's on a public blocked list, they will do it discreetly from somewhere else.

Xanthus
02-23-2005, 11:14 PM
Agreed.

:lol: :lol:
I checked Xanthus IP, HE IS FROM THE MPAA :devil: :angry: :ph34r:

Hahaha!

NeoTheOne
02-24-2005, 12:21 AM
okay was thta sarcasm ? lol?

Xanthus
02-24-2005, 05:35 AM
Yes. If I were an MPAA agent my laugh would have been more like

BAHUAHAHA!

NeoTheOne
02-25-2005, 12:16 AM
LOL or MPAAHAHAHAHA

Adster
02-25-2005, 01:48 AM
You do realize Torrentspy is actually connect too like 100 other torrent sites???

so a torrent your downloading isn't actually form torrentspy sepaking of which seems to be down atm

Cheese
02-25-2005, 01:53 AM
Too late. I've uninstalled all my filesharing programs, formatted my hardrive and erased the memories of my family and pets.

They'll never take me alive... :01:

worldpease
02-25-2005, 01:56 AM
so a torrent your downloading isn't actually form torrentspy sepaking of which seems to be down atm

Yes, I've been trying to get in, and it's down.
Please let it not be forever, it is the last best one. :no:

btw: "4Play", I love that 'Nintendo Girl'.

orcutt989
02-25-2005, 01:58 AM
You know, the IP might not even be Hollywood interactive. The IP could just be mislabeled. There are many mis-labelled IP addresses on Peerguardian and Protowall, some are just adaware IP's, labelled as "OOHH DANGEROUS MPAA"

Xanthus
02-25-2005, 03:25 AM
We're having some major hard issues and it may take us 24-48 hours to give this problem resolved.

Xanthus
www.torrentspy.com

worldpease
02-25-2005, 03:46 AM
We're having some major hard issues and it may take us 24-48 hours to give this problem resolved.

Xanthus
www.torrentspy.com

Wow, i didn't know we had theyr admins as members! Cool.
And for me, there is no problem, good thing cost.

Adster
02-25-2005, 04:25 AM
well if its down forever that will Be the end of free movies and games for me :(

mogadishu
02-25-2005, 05:56 AM
well if its down forever that will Be the end of free movies and games for me :(

isohunt.com

make sure to put parenthesis around your search otherwise its not that accurate.

tarzan
02-25-2005, 06:02 AM

:shifty:
so does this mean that since the "truth" has come out that it's time to slip back in the shadows and bait another trap?:whistling

I'll take the tinfoil hat off now :holiday:

Adster
02-25-2005, 08:06 AM
dam what to do without torrenspy for the weekend hehe

Formula1
02-25-2005, 02:27 PM
torrentspy.com is up now :)

edit: no it isnt, i cant search for shit.

Hanz™
02-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Why?!!?!

Adster
02-26-2005, 12:57 AM
czo no other site left matches the stuff i want yeah sure new releases will always be available

but i like classic movies form the 50s up till 80s not just new stuff which most of the torrent sites left only have!!! DVD rs too

IRC i only use for new music

news i can't use ISp don't support it i have never ever been able to sign onto torrent bits

NeoTheOne
02-26-2005, 01:08 AM
:shifty:
so does this mean that since the "truth" has come out that it's time to slip back in the shadows and bait another trap?:whistling

I'll take the tinfoil hat off now :holiday:

LOL thats what i was thinkin to lol

sameer0807
03-01-2005, 04:31 AM
now demonoid.com is down.
crap...now this really sucks!

Two good sites are down, Torrentspy and Demonoid

NeoTheOne
03-02-2005, 04:11 AM
OH MY GOOD SOON WE WILL HAVE TO BUY SOFTWARE AND MOVIES !!!! EEESSSSHHHH thats so 90's LOL

Cheese
03-02-2005, 08:32 AM
OH MY GOOD SOON WE WILL HAVE TO BUY SOFTWARE AND MOVIES !!!! EEESSSSHHHH thats so 90's LOL

Or learn to use other Filesharing apps? Or use private trackers? :unsure:

gutties
03-02-2005, 10:49 AM
seems to be up again so you don't have to worry ;)

Josh
03-05-2005, 03:08 PM
I use PeerG 2 and it picked up HW interative but not on IRCSpy so i doubt TorrentSpy purposely do it since its the same people running each site its MPAA people trying to see what people are doing you know what they are like its shocking.

tensegg
04-09-2005, 05:37 AM
yeah. I'd go with protowall, but the new peergaurdian seems pretty cool. You might also wanna get a BT client that has an IPFILTER option, can never be safe, just be carefull. As far as torrentspy being watched, damn right, we all are, and just cos it dont make PW or PG flash red, dont mean they aint watching. Fuck 'em, share the files!!! :)