PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Theory -- WTF?? anyone know?

cpt_azad
02-23-2005, 01:44 AM
so ya....what is chaos theory? i looked on google and came up with a lot of sites, and everytime i went to a diff site to find out what it was the same thing happened: i read the first line and then my face went :huh: :unsure: :no: :dry: :wacko:

so ya, anyone that knows what it is, could be nice enough to put in lamens terms for me please? nothing big just like a sentence or something. thanks :1eye:

Lilmiss
02-23-2005, 01:47 AM
Urm, the butterfly effect?
One action causes a reaction.

Did I win? :unsure:

vidcc
02-23-2005, 02:19 AM
it's about finding order in what seems random

sparsely
02-23-2005, 02:31 AM
when you can multiply the nanoseconds by piccadilly and get three, you'll be closer in relationship to pharmacists than me.

colt45joe
02-23-2005, 02:39 AM
chaos theory is basically, the simplest thing, can produce something very huge.

like, as a child, being mean to a kid, and not really thinking much of it, thinking its just a small thing that you did as a kid to that other kid, 10 years later, he shoots up a shcool...

so in butterfly effect, the whole "butterfly's flutter causing hurrican on other side of world" is example of chaos theory....cant come up with any good example..but the butterfly effect dvd had a special feturue thing on it, and it was quite imformative...(informative?)

tis why in trailer, sam is talking about waht he believes..like, how little simple things nobody notices, then causes wars or whatever he said in the trailer.

if feel like reading more of my post...

"In the real world, there are three very good examples of instability: disease, political unrest, and family and community dysfunction. Disease is unstable because at any moment there could be an outbreak of some deadly disease for which there is no cure. This would cause terror and chaos. Political unrest is very unstable because people can revolt, throw over the government and create a vast war. A war is another type of a chaotic system. Family and community dysfunction is also unstable because if you have a very tiny problem with a few people or a huge problem with many people, the outcome will be huge with many people involved and many people's lives in ruin. Chaos is also found in systems as complex as electric circuits, measles outbreaks, lasers, clashing gears, heart rhythms, electrical brain activity, circadian rhythms, fluids, animal populations, and chemical reactions, and in systems as simple as the pendulum. It also has been thought possibly to occur in the stock market."

TheDave
02-23-2005, 02:41 AM
basically how one little thing can effect everything else

Cheese
02-23-2005, 02:49 AM
It's an expansion/sequel in the Splinter Cell series of games. I thought you'd have known that. Dumas.

cpt_azad
02-23-2005, 06:48 AM
@WC: no shit sherlock, but pls dont post if u dont read the original post.

@colt, thanks, great post too,

@dave and vidcc, thanks for dumbing it down for me :) i get the concept now

S!X
02-23-2005, 07:42 AM
It's an expansion/sequel in the Splinter Cell series of games. I thought you'd have known that. Dumas.

lol thats what i was gonna say :ermm:

Cheese
02-23-2005, 08:18 AM
@WC: no shit sherlock, but pls dont post if u dont read the original post.

@colt, thanks, great post too,

@dave and vidcc, thanks for dumbing it down for me :) i get the concept now

I did read the original post so I guess I'm free to post away, eh? :)

Cheese
02-23-2005, 08:21 AM
so ya, anyone that knows what it is, could be nice enough to put in lamens terms for me please? nothing big just like a sentence or something. thanks :1eye:

Is that a misspelling of "layman's" or "lamer's"? I hope it's the latter 'cos that would make the thread much more fun.

Cheese
02-23-2005, 08:25 AM
Chaos Theory (in lamer's terms)

it's like omg wtf a butterfly flps its like wingz an this causes an earthquake or tornado tht like totaly pwns

so like basikally a total n00b can pwn everythng omg wtf lol!!!111

cpt_azad
02-23-2005, 08:39 AM
wow withcheese, dont u have anything better to do? but i guess u got me there on the spelling so :) and that other post about reading the original, ya go ahead post away :01:

Cheese
02-23-2005, 08:42 AM
wow withcheese, dont u have anything better to do? but i guess u got me there on the spelling so :) and that other post about reading the original, ya go ahead post away :01:

Yes, I'm taking ownership of this thread now. You can go and masturbate to pictures of airsoft guns. :)

S!X
02-23-2005, 09:04 AM
Yes, I'm taking ownership of this thread now. You can go and masturbate to pictures of airsoft guns. :)

Dude go fuck urself, queerbait. :wacko:

Cheese
02-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Dude go fuck urself, queerbait. :wacko:

Sorry, I'm far too busy playing my shop purchased copy of Half life 2 atm.

S!X
02-23-2005, 09:17 AM
Sorry, I'm far too busy playing my shop purchased copy of Half life 2 atm.

Right on.... :frusty:

DarthInsinuate
02-23-2005, 09:29 AM
I did read the original post so I guess I'm free to post away, eh? :)
i read it too :01: i feel i deserve a prize, also i had a shit this morning, Sherlock, double prize :01:

cpt_azad
02-25-2005, 01:13 AM

just when i think you've posted the dumbest post, you keep typing. :) as for the airsoft gun, i think i'll go shoot a cute bunny with it (uh oh, what's his face isn't gonna like this....u know...that guy, yogi something). >_<

Peerzy
02-25-2005, 01:15 AM
just when i think you've posted the dumbest post, you keep typing. :) as for the airsoft gun, i think i'll go shoot a cute bunny with it (uh oh, what's his face isn't gonna like this....u know...that guy, yogi something). >_<

Shizer Hund>cpt_azad

Cheese
02-25-2005, 01:20 AM

Your Yogi comment has elevated you in my estimation. Not much but a little. :D

Peerzy
02-25-2005, 01:24 AM
Ich finde cpt_azad einen wanker.

cpt_azad
02-25-2005, 02:45 AM
Peerz ist ein homo :dry:

nuff said

bigboab
02-25-2005, 08:24 AM

Hobbes and/or Clocker are not going to like it either. :rolleyes:

Yogi
02-25-2005, 09:18 AM
Back on topic:

http://premium1.uploadit.org/poeper/Chaos024s.jpg

ChaYos

Yogi
02-25-2005, 09:22 AM
Your Yogi comment has elevated you in my estimation. Not much but a little. :D

Jeez, Cheese, pleased so easily.................. :D

Ahhh, well, a child's hand is easily filled, ain't it?? :wacko:

Yacko