PDA

View Full Version : Telling Tales

barryk32
02-23-2005, 04:28 PM
I have split up with my girlfriend and am worried that she is going to tell the authorities that I have a raft of pirated dvd's. What would be the best course of action?

vivitron 15
02-23-2005, 04:31 PM
get rid of them lol...it depends on how worried you are.
a little worried = put them in a box in the attic
quite worried = hide them at a mate's house
really worried = bury them in the country
extremely worried = rub them over a grinder, then put into a box, and smash with a hammer, before burning them on a huge bonfire.

seriously though, noone will likely give a hoot, and is she really going to go to the cops? man, you must have screwed all her mates or stg to get that treatment lol :D

barryk32
02-23-2005, 04:53 PM
I am a bit worried so loft or mates sounds good.

She's a nutcase!

{I}{K}{E}
02-23-2005, 05:00 PM
They won't do anything if she is the only one complaining.

barryk32
02-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Thanks for that, bit of reassurance needed.

I suppose its alot of bother for them when i'll only get a slap on the wrists anyway.

vivitron 15
02-23-2005, 05:22 PM
if that - dont know where you are, but i know that to get a prosecution will be quite long and drawn out, and if you have made no cash from them, then it is questionable why exactly they are suing you.

barryk32
03-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Well a little while on and guess what BUSTED. They say I will be contacted with thier findings. There was between 120-150 counterfit dvd's and PS2 games.

Anybody know what i'm looking at?

P.S. If it matters I'm in the U.K.

Thanks.

{I}{K}{E}
03-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Well a little while on and guess what BUSTED. They say I will be contacted with thier findings. There was between 120-150 counterfit dvd's and PS2 games.

Anybody know what i'm looking at?

P.S. If it matters I'm in the U.K.

Thanks.

Srry 2 hear :( How did they found the DVDs? did thet had a search warrant?

Here in the Netherlands you get a fine (around 500 euros per DVD) But here they only take action if they know you are selling them.

barryk32
03-11-2005, 11:05 PM
I hope thats not the same over here as that would mean at best I would be fined £42,000!!!!! I think i'm going to have to try and find related cases on the internet.

Snee
03-11-2005, 11:08 PM
It depends a bit on how old you are and stuff like that as well I think.

I doubt they can hit you for much if you don't have that much money and you are under eighteen for example.

At least they couldn't here.

And they gotta prove you were making a profit off it as well, for you to be in real trouble, I think.

barryk32
03-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Taken from bbc site

A report published next week by the UK's anti-piracy taskforce will estimate the scale of film piracy and suggest ways of tackling it. Fact says the courts are getting tougher on counterfeiting, pointing out seven recent prison sentences, 15 Community Service Orders, and nine fines ranging from £300 to £4,000.

They didnt take my computer though which I thought was odd, they actually missed quite a few disks aswell they just took the cases with covers in them and some covers that I had printed.

I was thinking about saying I had bought them rather than produced them but they have my handwriting on them.

They also didnt take a big box of blank DVD's either.

I am 25 so cant really try to blame teenage hormones.

I think this is a job for my soliciter.

Snee
03-11-2005, 11:19 PM
You could have written on them after you bought them. :unsure:

They were sold to you unlabeled, like.

Also what did you do to get her to do that, and did she threaten to tell on you, since you suspected she'd do it?

It's a bit weird that they went after you at all, I think. :blink:

She must have told them you had some kind of distribution racket going for them to go after you at all, it's not as if they'll go after every little complaint they get about these things, when there are so many serious crimes being commited out there.

vivitron 15
03-13-2005, 07:40 PM
thats one thing i avoid nowadays like - putting covers on disks...the chances im selling them without covers is pretty slim. i always think faking a cover is getting on for dodgy ground