PDA

View Full Version : [Warning] All Lemonade is not the Same.

manker
02-23-2005, 05:51 PM
I drink a lot of pop thro' the day, mainly because I can't be arsed to make myself tea and I smoke a fair bit. I'm usually on the look out for pop deals.

Recently I was in Kwiksave buying some teabags and sugar for the chavs in work when I noticed that their Lemonade was on sale for 9p per bottle. 'Simply Lemonade' it's called. So I bought 8 2 ltr bottles - can't go wrong, I thought.

Except it's disgusting. You've been warned :(

TheDave
02-23-2005, 05:55 PM
what did you expect? :blink:

manker
02-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Some nice pop. Tesco Value Lemonade is alrite, like.

TheDave
02-23-2005, 05:59 PM
and how much is that?

yesterday my mam was complaining that tinned tomatoes are 12p at kwik-save but she had to pay 34p at tescos. just a random thing on the tesco-kwiksave war

yes, it's a war

manker
02-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Can't remember how much the Tesco Value Lemonade is - something like 15p I expect.

I duno if Tesco are warring with Kwiksave, everyone knows that Kwiksave is shite - I think the main war is between Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda.

KwikSave Vs Aldi Vs Lidl would be a major skirmish tho'.

TheDave
02-23-2005, 06:05 PM
what about netto?

manker
02-23-2005, 06:10 PM
what about netto?Wasn't he banned :unsure:

bigboab
02-23-2005, 06:25 PM
Can't remember how much the Tesco Value Lemonade is - something like 15p I expect.

I duno if Tesco are warring with Kwiksave, everyone knows that Kwiksave is shite - I think the main war is between Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda.

KwikSave Vs Aldi Vs Lidl would be a major skirmish tho'.

The owners of Lidl and Aldi are brothers, I mean blood brothers. awe F*k it, they had the same mother and father. :blink:

BILLY-THE-FISH
02-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Don't you just hate it when old people say "Would you like some lemonade?" and you say yeah please (expecting some nice bubbles etc.) Then they bring you back some Lemon SQUASH AAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I Want Bubblesssssss!

Mr. Mulder
02-24-2005, 03:58 PM
for 9p it might be good for mixing stuff with, you wouldn't taste it anyway :unsure:

manker
02-24-2005, 04:15 PM
for 9p it might be good for mixing stuff with, you wouldn't taste it anyway :unsure:I'm still drinking it anyway but a bottle of Happy Shopper Squash may be just the ticket :D

It doesn't taste that bad when it's flat - a bit like water with an aftertaste of newspaper.

100%
02-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Goto Asia
once there goto any night market
search for stands with neon colored food and drinks
try the ice lemonade with jelly lumps in it (ask for green neon colored one with a mix of the pink neon one so get this lovely colored warp in your glass)
then
comeback and tell me which is more disgusting

manker
02-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Goto Asia
once there goto any night market
search for stands with neon colored food and drinks
try the ice lemonade with jelly lumps in it (ask for green neon colored one with a mix of the pink neon one so get this lovely colored warp in your glass)
then
comeback and tell me which is more disgusting
Sounds lovely :unsure:

In Egypt, years ago, I was offered a cup of tea on a felucca - it was made with loose tea-leaves. It tasted OK but after I had an initial sip, one of the blokes I was fishing with (an Egyptian) intimated to me that it was considered polite to stir it up and drink down the leaves too.

Being a n00b I did so until their raucous laughter told me not only that he was joking but also that I was probably tourist #546 to fall for it :dry:

100%
02-24-2005, 05:19 PM
:lol: :lol:
but im sure its very healthy
that over sugared mint tea with Shisha is excellent
definetly the best & smoothest smoke in the world

http://www.comunidaddelapipa.com/imagenes/personajes/images/pipa_shisha_cairo_egipto__jpg.jpg

Guillaume
02-24-2005, 05:58 PM
mmmmmmmmm... Mint tea and apple flavoured baccy in a shisha.
Makes me almost regret I quit smoking.

I'm sure manker has already given some thought to having one brought in his office, but is certainly afraid his coworkers might find he's only there to use the internet for free.

manker
02-24-2005, 06:31 PM
I like the apple baccy too, I brought a shisha home with me, not quite worked out how to set it up yet :unsure:

Also, to be fair, sometimes I forget exactly why it is I come to work - the interweb seems like a good reason tho'.

Snee
02-24-2005, 10:13 PM
I just noticed I'd forgotten a mug of lemonade on my desk.

It was not the same as yesterday it was this Tuesday :(

manker
03-24-2005, 11:08 PM
Only two bottles left and it's rather palatable now.

Like Beluga - an aquired taste :snooty:

ziggyjuarez
03-24-2005, 11:13 PM
Did someone say lemonade party :shifty:

Mr JP Fugley
03-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Like Beluga - an aquired taste :snooty:
LOL

Fish Eggs = Pish Lemonade.