PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars EPISODE III: Revenge Of The Sith

Pages : 1 [2]

MCHeshPants420
06-07-2005, 12:25 AM
Have you not noticed that in all the Star Wars films no-one bleeds from Lightsaber wounds?

cauterize - burn, sear, or freeze (tissue) using a hot iron or electric current or a caustic agent; "The surgeon cauterized the wart"

Yep, Its pretty fucked up. :dry:

How do you mean? It's effectively a laser slicing through you, so it makes sense that it would cauterize the wound. Nothing fucked up about that.

ApacNTS
06-07-2005, 02:48 AM
a lightsaber is a more civilized weapon, used to subdue an opponent, not make a big mess all over the place that some jedi's padawan will have to clean up. btw anyone know why quigon jinn and the other jedi including the younglings dont vanish into the force when they die like yoda and obi wan? they were good jedi's yet they dont dissappear. it always bugged me.

edit: forgot the word die

worldpease
06-07-2005, 02:56 AM
from what Yoda says to Obi-Wan almost at the end of Episode III,
its something that has to be learned once in 'the other side', so, if Qui-Gon knew
hot to do this, obviusly he could have teached Obi, and that might be the reason for
him (Obi) turning into a 'gost' almost imediatly after being killed by Vader in Episode IV.

3RA1N1AC
06-07-2005, 05:43 AM
btw anyone know why quigon jinn and the other jedi including the younglings dont vanish into the force when they die like yoda and obi wan?
qui-gon does become a ghost, but... george lucas apparently didn't think it was important enough to SHOW qui-gon's ghost, so he just leaves it unresolved until yoda talks about qui-gon's ghost at the end of Revenge Of The Sith.

as for why not the other jedi: up until qui-gon's death, the jedi didn't really believe in ghosts. or else it is a very ancient belief which has been erased from the jedi religion.

the prequel-era jedi think the force is just energy to be harnessed and controlled, as obi-wan explains in A New Hope. qui-gon believes that the force is alive, that the midichlorian particles (which comprise the force) have feelings and intelligence, and that a dying jedi can merge with the force. that's totally different from normal jedi belief. it's because of his "wacky" views about the force that he is never allowed to join the jedi council. so there are no other jedi ghosts because qui-gon is the one who discovered how to do it (or possibly learned it from his teacher count dooku, who later became a sith), and then his ghost teaches yoda & obi-wan about it.

vader learns to become a ghost because unlike the jedi, the sith have always been able to do that. to the jedi it's taboo, but to the sith it's a central belief. how do the sith keep popping back up over the course of thousands of years, no matter how many times the jedi kill them (all TWO of 'em)? because there are angry sith ghosts floating around the galaxy, recruiting people to be new sith.

worldpease
06-07-2005, 06:42 AM
I'll be damn.
That's an exelent explainig there Brainiac.
It all make sence.

edit:
I believe now there is a new copy of the movie on the web,
but this one, 95% DVD quality in audio and video, and what's more,
"without the numbers or blured" on the top.
The file seems to be a DVDRip to Xvid avi, with the name:
Star.Wars.Episode.III.Revenge.of.the.Sith.INTERNAL.DVDRip.XviD

the sample looks great:
http://rapidshare.de/files/2178551/e3-sample.avi.html

I guess its worth the risk, Im
downloading now, found it on minova, or how ever its called.

3RA1N1AC
06-07-2005, 08:03 AM
well i might not be 100% correct, but that's the simplest explanation i can give for jedi & sith ghosts. personally i think it was a mistake to not show qui-gon's ghost in the movies-- it would have been a much smoother solution, than having yoda just talk about it. googling around, i'm seeing some rumors that there actually was supposed to be a scene featuring qui-gon's ghost in Revenge Of The Sith, but for some reason it didn't make it into the movie.

if you really want to become an expert on the subject, you should prolly start searching the web & reading as much as you can about "the living force," "jedi ghosts," and "sith ghosts." i've tried a little bit, to get an understanding of it, but i just don't have the patience. :P

remember that george lucas didn't have all of this perfectly planned out in 1977, so he & the other SW writers (people who've done the novels, comic books, games, etc) have tried to answer the questions left by the original trilogy and it does not all fit together perfectly. so much has been written & filmed, and lucas has tried to keep SW from contradicting itself, but there are still a lot of continuity problems anyway.

S!X
06-07-2005, 08:17 AM
I'll be damn.
That's an exelent explainig there Brainiac.
It all make sence.

edit:
I believe now there is a new copy of the movie on the web,
but this one, 95% DVD quality in audio and video, and what's more,
"without the numbers or blured" on the top.
The file seems to be a DVDRip to Xvid avi, with the name:
Star.Wars.Episode.III.Revenge.of.the.Sith.INTERNAL.DVDRip.XviD

the sample looks great:
http://rapidshare.de/files/2178551/e3-sample.avi.html

I guess its worth the risk, Im
downloading now, found it on minova, or how ever its called.

Thats the one I downloaded off newsgroups, awesome quality 2.0 sound tho. :blink:

worldpease
06-08-2005, 12:39 AM
Ooh My God!
Its awesom, the quality is endeed exelent.
I can't believe it, but is true, it's damn true.

S!X
06-08-2005, 01:13 AM
Ooh My God!
Its awesom, the quality is endeed exelent.
I can't believe it, but is true, it's damn true.

Indeed it is.

Akumara
06-08-2005, 11:05 AM
I watched it in cinimas, it was a really good movie, considering I usually get bored of movies and I'm not even a star wars fan. I was like wtf when he didn't die after all those burns.

{I}{K}{E}
06-08-2005, 11:09 AM
I was like wtf when he didn't die after all those burns.

:lol:

You never saw Episode IV, V and VI?

menxmen
06-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Thanks its great

S!X
06-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Im dling Star.Wars.Episode.III.Revenge.of.the.Sith.iNTERNAL.READNFO.DVDR-KKi from newsgroups (alt.binaries.dvdr) from all the comments on newzbin this is supposed to be awesome compared to the Xvid rip :D

EDIT, feck this has english subtitles..... I guess ill stick with the xvid rip...

worldpease
06-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Since the mentined DVDRip can't be played on the Philips DVP-642,
I will convert it to DVD, but first I made a test converting the 'demo', wich
is in the same format (posted earlier), ant the converted avi to vob file
seems pretty good, I guess its to be expected cus there is no compression.
I will try it with the full movie on sunday, when I get blank DVDs.

newcombe6
06-13-2005, 09:23 AM
hi there all

i am having great trouble trying to convert he dvdrip with tmpgenc to play on standalone player. has anyone successfully converted it to dvd yet? if so any advice woyuld be great - as as tmpgenc is just about to start encoding it always crashes? very annoying............

has anyone got a torrent for the full dvd-r? can they please pm it to me if it is illegal to ask for torrents? actually what are the rules on asking for torrents? also has anyone got a good site for downloading full dvdirs? i tend to use torrentspy for most of my movies but it doesnt always come up with loads of full dvd-rs

any help would be great

Peerzy
06-13-2005, 09:27 AM
hi there all

i am having great trouble trying to convert he dvdrip with tmpgenc to play on standalone player. has anyone successfully converted it to dvd yet? if so any advice woyuld be great - as as tmpgenc is just about to start encoding it always crashes? very annoying............

has anyone got a torrent for the full dvd-r? can they please pm it to me if it is illegal to ask for torrents? actually what are the rules on asking for torrents? also has anyone got a good site for downloading full dvdirs? i tend to use torrentspy for most of my movies but it doesnt always come up with loads of full dvd-rs

any help would be great

If you only want to use Bittorent then you'll need to get onto some private trackers (Torrentbytes, Uk-Torrents and so on) Although there ratio based so you'll end up spending 1 day downloading a dvd and 5 days uploading.

My susgestion is to get Newsgroups via a payserver. £7 a month all you can download. Always full speeds, no uploading, no ratio, faster at getting files that bittorrent sites and litterally billions of files on there and millions of new ones each day.

www.newshosting.com

Also check out the Newsgroup section of this forum and have a read up, usually i would never pay for filesharing but Newsgroups are just so handy and good that its a crime not to pay for them.

newcombe6
06-13-2005, 11:04 AM
cheers peerzy - apprecaite it

i managed to find a bt torrent a few mins ago - but i want to start using newsgroups to be honest for the speed of releases, the speed of download, and the fadct that even bt now has a few too many fakes than it used to

cheers for the advice. theres no rush on star wars cos ive got the internal xvid on me xbox - but wanted the dvd-r for my girls little bro - and tmpgenc just wont encode

think ill go newsgroups + payserver. considering how much i download i dont really mind paying. i, like you, dont agree with making money from filesharing - but servers do have maintanence/time costs - so the moneys more than reasonable i reckon

anyway cheers again for the help

Peerzy
06-13-2005, 11:45 AM
I do 400GB plus a month on my 3MB connection which is about as much as i can do. Newshosting don't seem to have that much of a problem with me using alot so its all good.

When you do get into Newsgroups be sure to check out www.dvdrs.net ($1 (50p) a month tho) & www.nzbzone.com

NZB's are like torrents for Newsgroups, they basically point to where files are in the newsgroups, ego no searching just import an NZB and it starts leeching.

newcombe6
06-13-2005, 01:20 PM
cheers peerzy - great links

namzuf9
06-13-2005, 07:39 PM
but wanted the dvd-r for my girls little bro - and tmpgenc just wont encode

Have you tried Avi2DVD? (http://divx.trustfm.com.ru/) Fantastic "one click" solution and its freeware. Although the best (imo) encoder to use with it is CCE which is payware (about 2k's worth!) Fortunately you can download it from emule, just search for CCE Cinemacraft Encoder 2.67.00.23. If you get stick finding it or dont use Emule give us a shout and I'll e-mail it to ya.

newcombe6
06-14-2005, 12:51 PM
thanks very much - ive pm'd you

cheers

Peerzy
06-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Indeed CCE is what the release groups use, very good piece of software but by no means as easy as a 1 click solution.

namzuf9
06-15-2005, 11:55 PM
If you use Avi2DVD and select CCE as the encoder it makes life a hell of a lot easier (alright not strictly speaking one click, maybe six or seven clicks!)

dodgy368
10-18-2005, 10:11 AM
The xvid dvdrip is on Pisexy and Torrentleech, better get yours before they kill these sites!:lol: :lol: :lol:

The DVD by XPDVD is on all the sites now, I'm grabbing this one, didn't get the best of ratings on vcdquality though so I'm gonna burn it on a rewritable first.:blink:

Adster
10-19-2005, 02:20 AM
the only reason ET went down was because that movie workprint was on that site 1 day before it was out in the movies cinemas 1 day later it would have been safe