PDA

View Full Version : gypsies history?

ziggyjuarez
02-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Unless i read this wrong the gypsies are good right?Why the hate?

"Gypsies", or the "Roma" as they prefer to be called, are an ethnic group which originated in India (their language - Romany - is directly descended from Sanskrit) which for unknown reasons took to a wandering life-style in the late middle ages. Eventually they reached Europe and became part of the ethnic mix of many countries, contributing not a little in areas such a music and the arts.

Because they were strangers to many of the people they moved among, strong prejudices grew up, and indeed continue to this day. Although they were indisputably "Aryan" according to the Nazi racial typology, they were pursued relentlessly.

manker
02-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Spider_dude loves gypsies, in the literal sense.

ziggyjuarez
02-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Spider_dude loves gypsies, in the literal sense.
how about musical sence?

manker
02-25-2005, 03:21 PM
how about musical sence?He likes all kinds of shite. I think mainly sappy stuff like Hanson and Bros.

enoughfakefiles
02-25-2005, 03:24 PM
He likes all kinds of shite. I think mainly sappy stuff like Hanson and Bros.

Have you been downloading from soulseek of Sd as well manker.... :shifty:

manker
02-25-2005, 03:31 PM
I had a look thro' his files once and thought I'd directly connected to Pat Sharpe :(

http://www.colintheowl.com/images/PatSharpeTrump.jpg

Snee
02-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Hereabouts they are known as Zigienare.

Fancy that.

Biggles
02-25-2005, 05:47 PM
I read somewhere that Gypsies hold a divine right to steal because just before the crucifixion a Gypsy stole one of the nails (which is why clasically the crucifixion is shown with only three nails). As a reward they are forgiven for the sin of stealing.

:blink:

More of them should really have moved into PR and advertising than hitherto have done.

Cheese
02-25-2005, 05:49 PM
My girlfriend is quarter gypsy, which is why I make her empty her pockets before leaving my house. Also I'm careful not to upset her in case she puts a curse on me. :ph34r:

manker
02-25-2005, 05:52 PM
My girlfriend is quarter gypsy :ph34r:Just because she's one and a half foot tall and lives in a caravan, doesn't mean that you should call her a quarter gypsy :unsure: