PDA

View Full Version : Steam updates

{I}{K}{E}
02-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Counter-Strike: Source, Source Engine, and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch updates are available and will be applied automatically when Steam is restarted. The changes include:

Counter-Strike: Source

* New hostage rescue map cs_compound
* Added Source version of de_train
* Upgraded version of the CT player model
* Location names are shown in radio/team chat, and under the radar
* Server tickrate can be specified with -tickrate
* Added radio command aliases
* Added mp_humanteam cvar [any | ct | t] (forces human players onto specified team - useful for humans vs bots)
* Added new "match" mode for bot_quota -- If bot_quota_mode = "match", bot count = (human count) * bot_quota
* Bots no longer automatically follow humans (bot_auto_follow now defaults to 0)
* Bots are balanced before humans with mp_autoteambalance
* Bots can open simple +use doors
* Bots change their names to match the prefix when bot_prefix changes
* Several improvements to bot behavior when paths become blocked -- solves problems specific to cs_havana
* Bots won't throw grenades if something is blocking their throw
* Bots are better at only breaking objects that are in their way
* Fixed bug where a bot occasionally "dithered" rapidly between two or more targets without firing
bot_kick and bot_kill console commands use the bot's base name without the bot_prefix
de_piranesi - bots avoid the breakable crates better.
* A bomb exploding just as the round restarts no longer kills players at the start of the next round
* Grenades being thrown when the player dies no longer disappear
* Increased mp_limitteams bounds to 0-30, where 0 will disable this functionality
* Players' arms and hands can be hit by bullets now
* Target ID font is proportional, and it doesn't resize incorrectly after a resolution change
* Overviews don't show player locations when mp_fadetoblack is on
* Players with spaces in their names can be selected in the spectator GUI
* Observers can change their name at round restart
* Throwing a grenade right at round restart no longer results in holding a "ghost" grenade viewmodel at respawn

Source Engine

* Fixed a bug where snd_mixahead was not working properly. Should fix some sound popping problems for certain sound hardware when running at a low framerate
* Added support for a new surround sound buffering technique that streams six discrete channels instead of using DirectSound3D. Use snd_digital_surround in the console to enable this. This allows for support of Dolby Digital 5.1 on nForce2 hardware
* Allow mp3 playback at rates other than 44100Hz. This was requested by the MOD community

Master Server Query Protocol

* Added a challenge number to A2S_PLAYER and A2S_RULES server queries
* setting "sv_enableoldqueries" to 1 (default) allows old style (no challenge/response) queries to work. By default queries don't require a challenge number for clients on the same B class network, change "sv_allowlocalquery" to 0 to disable this functionality
* Changed A2S_INFO server query to require the string "Source Engine Query" appended to the end of the query packet.

Half_life 2: Deathmatch

* Fixed model exploit that would allow players to select an invalid player model
* Added weapon type to server log

http://www.steampowered.com/?area=news

namzuf9
02-25-2005, 11:15 PM
/me cues the crys of "whem is emporio realesing next updtae"
Stop crying and steal a key like the rest of us1.
Or offer me somethoing for a valid one :shifty:

cpt_azad
02-26-2005, 12:32 AM
lol

as for counter strike source, when is "VAC2" comin out? so many panzy hackers on teh CSS.

{I}{K}{E}
02-26-2005, 01:32 AM
/me cues the crys of "whem is emporio realesing next updtae"
Stop crying and steal a key like the rest of us1.
Or offer me somethoing for a valid one :shifty:

for the emporio users:

The EMPORiO Team is going to stop for 50% on all Steam activities and put all our work on an new ServerEmulator for World Of Warcraft ( the ones that are released are buggy and crashing ) :P

/Me gonna buy this game soon :(

Monkeee
02-26-2005, 01:48 AM
wow people still use the EMPORiO version of hl2

S!X
02-26-2005, 01:49 AM
for the emporio users:

/Me gonna buy this game soon :(

LoL I just got it yesterday :P :01: FINALLY! It was defiantely worth it couldnt be happier :) :cool:

Formula1
02-26-2005, 02:18 AM
ROFL! I use six-steam, and it automatically updated the game for me , rofl!

orcutt989
02-26-2005, 02:29 AM
You'rs wont be working for long.

Formula1
02-26-2005, 02:39 AM
It's been working for 2 months for me now , and im using an account with a cd key :P .

Monkeee
02-26-2005, 03:41 AM
lol same here formula same here

{I}{K}{E}
02-26-2005, 12:46 PM
purchased HL2 today.

:D

{I}{K}{E}
03-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Source Dedicated Server Update
March 10, 2005, 3:25 pm · Alfred Reynolds
An update has been released for the Windows dedicated game server which addresses some issues found in yesterday's release. The Linux dedicated server and other products are unaffected. Server administrators can either restart Steam or run the HLDS update tool to receive the update.

Counter-Strike: Source, Source Engine, and Source SDK Updates Available
March 9, 2005, 4:36 pm · Alfred Reynolds
An update is available for Counter-Strike: Source, the Source Engine, and the Source SDK. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

CS:S

* Fixed an issue which was affecting player movement prediction
* Stopped players on de_dust2 being able to hide inside of rocks
* Added clipbrushes to de_train to prevent players from reaching certain areas
* Enabled bots to navigate their way out of the carts in cs_compound

Source Engine (game server changes)

* Added "stats" command to print the current cpu usage, players and net bandwidth in use
* Fixed rcon responses to properly reflect request id's
* Added rate-limiting to connectionless queries to prevent flooding (as in HL1, the rate-limiting is controlled via the cvars: sv_max_queries_sec, sv_max_queries_sec_global, and sv_max_queries_window)
* Removed sv_allowlocalquery cvar

Source SDK

* Added Snow and rain materials
* Added qc_eyes.exe
* Made various improvements and fixes to .FGD files
* Fixed an issue in Vrad which was causing visible artifacts when lighting very large objects/areas
* Fixed an issue in Studiomdl which was allowing bad $modelnames to be used
* Fixed the "cordon" texture used by Hammer

silent h3ro
03-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Woot, time to preload CS again. :D Where are those new maps they said they would make? :unsure:

Formula1
03-11-2005, 09:53 PM
six steam still works :)

{I}{K}{E}
03-11-2005, 09:59 PM
Woot, time to preload CS again. :D Where are those new maps they said they would make? :unsure:

??

New maps were added in the update from feb.

* New hostage rescue map cs_compound
* Added Source version of de_train

S!X
03-11-2005, 11:23 PM
purchased HL2 today.

w00t :D :01: :cool:

{I}{K}{E}
03-12-2005, 12:21 AM
w00t :D :01: :cool:

almost completed HL2 :P

S!X
03-12-2005, 12:31 AM
almost completed HL2 :P

Me bought it ONLY for CS:S :cool: :01:

cpt_azad
03-12-2005, 03:22 AM
Me bought it ONLY for CS:S :cool: :01:

lol, same, but thanks for reminding me IKE :D gonna go and try to beat HL2 :01:

Formula1
03-12-2005, 03:23 AM
BAH, beated HL2 with the Vengeance version. Long time ago.

cpt_azad
03-12-2005, 03:51 AM
BAH, beated HL2 with the Vengeance version. Long time ago.

heard the ending sux (like halo2), is it worth beating it to the end? it's getting kinda boring already (route canal).

Supernatural
03-14-2005, 09:38 PM
The last couple levels of HL2 are amazing. Definitly worth finishing.

silent h3ro
03-14-2005, 09:39 PM
The last couple levels of HL2 are amazing. Definitly worth finishing. Did they add more levels to the end? :blink:

{I}{K}{E}
03-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Did they add more levels to the end? :blink:

:huh:

cpt_azad
03-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Did they add more levels to the end? :blink:

wtf are u talkin about :unsure:

Formula1
03-14-2005, 11:16 PM
Yeah the last couple of levels of HL2 amazing. You are in city 17 and from there you must shoot your way through the whole city, so that you can reach the of office or Mr. Breen, the game is worth finishing. Trust me the game becomes much fun after Nova Prospekt level.

cpt_azad
03-14-2005, 11:19 PM
Yeah the last couple of levels of HL2 amazing. You are in city 17 and from there you must shoot your way through the whole city, so that you can reach the of office or Mr. Breen, the game is worth finishing. Trust me the game becomes much fun after Nova Prospekt level.

k, been playing yesterday and last nite straight thru, does get boring/frustrating in some parts but it's hella better than halo2 single player. i'm at the city now and the uprising is taking place, i'm at the part where you see a bunch of guys pulling down that "plasma" tv with breene's face on it and i'm stuck there, cant seem to find a way out. am i near the end? or do i still have a long way too go? ya, ur right form1, this game is pretty amazing, shoulda started the campaign a long time ago.

Formula1
03-14-2005, 11:25 PM
k, been playing yesterday and last nite straight thru, does get boring/frustrating in some parts but it's hella better than halo2 single player. i'm at the city now and the uprising is taking place, i'm at the part where you see a bunch of guys pulling down that "plasma" tv with breene's face on it and i'm stuck there, cant seem to find a way out. am i near the end? or do i still have a long way too go? ya, ur right form1, this game is pretty amazing, shoulda started the campaign a long time ago.

Im not sure of exactly what level you are stuck in , havent played HL2 for quite a while now.. gamefaq.com is still coo thoughl.

silent h3ro
03-14-2005, 11:46 PM
wtf are u talkin about :unsure: Heh, nvm.
:blushing:

orcutt989
03-16-2005, 01:05 AM
So... No Emporio updates yet? I cant even play garry's mod now because of some reason.

S!X
03-19-2005, 05:41 AM
So... No Emporio updates yet? I cant even play garry's mod now because of some reason.

Emporio is useless. But lets not make this thread into a "Cracking Discussion" :dry: :ph34r:

cpt_azad
03-19-2005, 11:05 AM

just buy the game dude, it's only 50 bucks USD last i saw (or cheaper, dont remember). it's worth the money.

{I}{K}{E}
03-24-2005, 10:32 AM
March 23, 2005, 5:46 pm · Alfred Reynolds
An update is available for Counter-Strike: Source and the Source Engine. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

* Added buy favorite system
* Added location names to voice chat
* Soundscape files will be loaded properly for custom maps
* Fixed tinnitus effect for HE grenades playing twice
* Fixed the Five-Seven's price not matching the value in the buy menu
* Fixed case where money and chat HUD icons sometimes being the wrong color at round start
* Target IDs will no longer show when mp_fadetoblack is active
* When mp_humanteam is active human teams will be allowed to spectate
* The "hostage" field of the "hostage_rescued" event is filled in correctly
* Equipping the silencer is canceled if the player switches weapons
* Fixed problems with the hostage shack door in cs_compound
* Fixed "Hostage Rescue Zone" not showing up properly in chat and under the radar
* Players can only change their names once every 10 seconds, with a max of 5 times every 10 minutes
* "Enemy Spotted" hint text doesn't show for players behind smoke clouds
* Flashbang effect can't be reduced by hitting escape or turning off the HUD

Source Engine

* Fixed registry handle leak in VCR mode
* Added explicit engine error when trying to render too many decals in a frame
* Sound files will work properly when in a packfile now.

Djtima
03-24-2005, 11:04 AM
the favourites system sounds sweet...
i might go on for a test drive

{I}{K}{E}
03-26-2005, 09:40 AM
Counter-Strike: Source and Source Engine Updates Available
March 25, 2005, 3:56 pm · Alfred Reynolds
An update is available for Counter-Strike: Source and the Source Engine. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

* Fixed crash when turning on the budget panel in Counter-Strike: Source.

Source Engine

* Fixed exploit that would allow clients to spawn large numbers of temporary entities on clients, causing a crash.

abu_has_the_power
03-27-2005, 01:30 AM
the favourites system sounds sweet...
i might go on for a test drive

the fav system is indeed helpful. pressing one button will shave off 5-10 clicks

{I}{K}{E}
04-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Friday, April 1 2005

An update is available for Counter-Strike: Source. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. This update addresses requests for more realism in Counter-Strike: Source. The changes are as follows:

Features/Additions
Doubled player speed when jumping. The effect to cumulative, so the more you jump, the faster you go.
Cut price of AWP by 50%.
Added akimbo Riot Shield to buy menu.
Removed de_dust from mapcycle.
Realism Enhancements:

Knives:
Between rounds, it is suggested that you unsheath the weapon and repeatedly press the attack key to air it out as the leather now collects moisture and creates pits on the blade, making it less effective in the next round.

Shotguns:
1. Firing the shotgun without ammo loaded will now cause it to jam.
2. When the shotgun jams, press F2 to fill out form DA-1823-00/A12-H8.
3. You should then hear a scribbling sound. When it stops, press F3 to send the request to LIDM.
4. Failure to do paperwork before pressing F3 will result in the immediate return of the unrepaired shotgun.
5. The repairs can take 1-2 rounds for completion. During that time, you cannot purchase a replacement firearm and may only use your sidearm or knife.

Player Models:
Several models now feature eyewear. This is a completely cosmetic enhancement with the following exceptions:

Part EP-7829-292-2 must be purchased and worn correctly at all times in order to see during the round.

In between rounds, you may purchase and use part EC-2231-833-H34 to clean your EP-7829-292-2. Note: that this does not clean the eyewear itself!

To clean the eyewear, you need to purchase and use the designated cleaner, EC-2231-233-H34, EC-2231-523-H34, or EC-2231-239-H34a respectively depending on your model's eyewear. You can determine the part # of the correct cleaner by asking someone.

Machine and submachine guns:

At least once every five rounds, press F1 to inspect the weapon:
A musical cue indicates that the inspection has started. Now press F1 again repeatedly to clean and lubricate the weapon.

Your Preventative Maintenance Status (either "cleaning" or "lubricating") is determined by the speed with which you press the F1 key and will be displayed above your head.

To accurately simulate real life maintenance mistakes, pressing F1 too quickly will lubricate either the bolt face or the trunnion block. Pressing F1 too slowly sprays lubricant directly into the buffer tube. All mistakes render the gun inoperable, though this may not become immediately apparent.

Experiment with keypress timing to avoid (and discover!) other common maintenance errors.

In order to balance the improved stopping power of a well-maintained weapon, the reloading process has been made much less reliable.

When reloading, you should listen for two or three distinct clicks over a period of several seconds.

If you hear one click or no clicks or more than two clicks, you've bent the link ejector chute and the gun will most likely explode on the next attempt to fire it, though it may not.

:lol:

abu_has_the_power
04-03-2005, 02:05 AM
i wish that were true

S!X
04-03-2005, 02:56 AM
wow ike did you make that up lol i was reading and was like OMGWTFBBQ!!!111

{I}{K}{E}
04-03-2005, 08:41 AM
wow ike did you make that up lol i was reading and was like OMGWTFBBQ!!!111

It was on steam news April 1st :P

S!X
04-03-2005, 09:50 AM
It was on steam news April 1st :P

ya, i just saw it today when i opend steam. Is it real or fake? :blink: Im assuming fake since its not applied to my cs yet... :lookaroun

{I}{K}{E}
04-06-2005, 08:29 AM

* Enabled support for SourceTV
* Fixed a rare bug that caused some bullet impacts to be counted twice
* Improved map overview support
* The message of the day file is now required to be in the main game directory
* Fixed an issue with player names being out of sync with the server
* Fixed "purple checkerboard" problem for Message of the Day scrollbars
* Fixed some localization issues related to player chat
* Death notices are no longer displayed while blind
* Death notices retain the correct team color even if the player quickly changes teams
* Bots immediately change their names to match the bot_prefix when it changes
* Bots join dedicated servers immediately if the bot_quota is nonzero
* Fixed bug where bots would repeatedly fail to join with an invalid Steam ID
* Added mp_logdetail at the request of server administrators

Source Engine

* Player sprays now persist through round restarts. The number of rounds a spray survives is determined by r_spray_lifetime
* Fixed a bug causing the first message from a plug-in message to be colored incorrectly
* Consistency checking is now skipped during demo playback
* Added sv_visiblemaxplayers
* Fixed timing precision error causing slower framerates on servers running continuously for more than a few days

S!X
04-07-2005, 01:38 AM
VAC2 is out :D

Spicker
04-07-2005, 01:41 AM
WTF is sourceTV

{I}{K}{E}
04-16-2005, 09:20 AM
The next big Counter-Strike release is set to include two maps. The first map will be de_port, previously mentioned here (http://www.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/Mar10.2005/). This map is set in a resupply port for outgoing ships. The gameplay is designed for a balanced layout employing a mix of long sightlines with cover and close quarters fighting environments. The second map will be a completely redone de_inferno, a historical favorite at CS tournaments and competions. We'll be releasing some screenshots or other media from both of these maps in the next week or two.

trajillo
05-13-2005, 12:16 PM
Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2 and Source Engine Updates Available
May 13, 2005, 12:00 am · Alfred Reynolds
An update is available for Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2 and the Source Engine. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

CS:S

* New map: de_inferno
* New map: de_port
* Updated Counter-Terrorists player model with new headgear and color scheme
* C4 red flash displays properly if the bomb is planted under water now
* C4 explosion damage is no longer affected by water
* When a map is loaded, an associated .cfg file is automatically evaluated. This cfg file must be located in the cstrike/maps/cfg folder and be named <mapname>.cfg. For instance, the file cstrike/maps/cfg/de_dust.cfg will be evaluated when the map de_dust is loaded. This is useful for per-map rules, bot rosters, etc.
* Added new route to roof of hostage shack in cs_compound, and improved bot navigation in the map
* Players must now target another player for at least a half second before the player ID text hint shows up
* Grates/chain link fences no longer affect bullets
* Counter-Strike player ragdolls are now affected by ragdoll magnets
* Fixed a bot crash caused by finding too many hiding spots in a region
* Bots no longer attack enemies that are very far away unless they have a sniper rifle, or the enemies are shooting at them. Instead, they track the enemy and move to a better attack position
* Bots understand +use doors now and will pause to open a door before continuing through it on their way to whatever they were doing
* Bots use less CPU now, especially when in combat with far away enemies
* Extended the syntax of the bot_add, bot_kick, and bot_kill commands to also accept "t" or "ct" arguments.
* Fixed bug where bots would stop and become unresponsive if they wanted to hide in an area with no hiding spots
* Improved bot navigation on the windows and ledges of cs_italy
* Fixed recording value of cl_interp in demo files and restore value during playback

Source Engine

* HTTP downloads from the game server system support downloading .bz2-compressed files
* Disable old style (non-challenged) server queries by default (use the sv_enableoldqueries cvar to change this behavior)
* Added cvar tv_delaymapchange to delay map changes caused by frag/time limit until the whole game is broadcasted via SourceTV
* Fixed lag compensation invalidating bone cache for players moved back in time.
* Fixed lag compensation interpolation error between 2 ticks

Half-Life 2

* Fixed some NPC actions not being properly randomized

SourceTV (part of the Source Dedicated Server)

* Fixed memory leak in relay servers by releasing receive tables correctly
* Bandwidth output in tv_status in kB/sec rather than bytes/sec
* Running a new map command (spawning a server) shuts down TV relay in same process
* Fixed SourceTV chase cam following ragdolls of dead secondary targets
From: http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=416

me thinks the long awaited de_inferno is great for all those clan wars... and de_port looks like another map well worth to remeber also. as for seeing no updates in the hitboxes situation i am very dissapointed.

{I}{K}{E}
05-13-2005, 01:16 PM
:w00t:

updating now :)

Stanners
05-14-2005, 01:17 AM
Looks like its time to buy

S!X
05-14-2005, 07:27 AM
Looks like its time to buy

By rights you should have it by now. :frusty: Id like to see that de_port map, looks cool.

cpt_azad
05-14-2005, 07:56 AM
de_port is awesome, played today and must say its very well balanced and huge open spaces to coordinate attacks.

oh, and is VAC2 out yet? if it isnt, whats taking them so long?

{I}{K}{E}
05-20-2005, 12:50 PM
May 19, 2005, 5:14 pm · Alfred Reynolds
Updates to Counter-Strike: Source and the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

* Updated de_inferno
* Made the radio menu more responsive
* When bullets hit grates and chain-link fences they play the appropriate effects
* Bots will not join or leave during the round when bot_quota_mode is "match" or "fill"
* Improved bot ladder usage
* Bullet decals are now scaled based on distance, to make them more visible at long range
* Fixed bots filling a server and preventing players from joining after round change

Source Engine

* Fixed the compressed file mode of sv_downloadurl only downloading one file at a time

Update - We have rolled back all the Counter-Strike: Source changes apart from the de_inferno update to fix a hang bug some users are experiencing. These changes will be re-released next week.

{I}{K}{E}
05-24-2005, 12:41 PM
Counter-Strike: Source, Steam Client, and Source Engine Updates Available
May 23, 2005, 4:33 pm · Alfred Reynolds
Updates to Steam, Counter-Strike: Source, and the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

* Fixed hang bug when shooting grates
* Re-released changes from Thursday's update

Source Engine

* Fixed an intermittent crash ("failed to open models\gman_high.vvd") in Half-Life 2

Steam

* Added an indicator in settings UI displaying current authentication status for multiplayer games
* Fixed a game crash which occurred when trying to write to special filenames reserved by Windows

trajillo
05-24-2005, 01:00 PM
source is too buggy...and so will be all the HL2 mods coming out...it will take ages before we see a actual GOOD working mod for source

{I}{K}{E}
07-09-2005, 10:13 AM
July 6, 2005, 2:55 pm · Alfred Reynolds
Updates to Counter-Strike: Source and the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

New Features/Improvements

* New Source remake of classic Counter-Strike map cs_assault
* New "Phoenix Connection" Terrorist model (replaces existing model)

New Player Animations

* Walk/run cycles now include whole-body motion
* Players automatically raise their weapon and aim through the sights when they stop to fire
* Weapon-specific reload animations with removable ammo clips added
* Shotgun reloads animate each individual shell reload
* Animated the bolt pull for each shot of the AWP
* Added upper-body recoil animations for shotguns and AWP
* New grenade throw and knife animations
* Spectator UI now resizes controls to account for long map names
* A notification is now displayed to all players when auto-balancing teams
* Added message for players who try to defuse the bomb while another player is already doing so
* Added item_nvgs and item_ entities for fy_ maps
* Can no longer stab with the knife while defusing or during freeze time at the start of a round
* Player count in dedicated server interface now includes bots
* Dedicated servers can now use the "timeleft" command
* Dedicated servers are now secure by default, add "-insecure" to the command line to run in insecure mode.

Bug fixes

* Dedicated servers no longer crash when setting "name" via the console
* Fixed bug that would occasionally make player weapons disappear
* Low-violence death animations no longer float if the player dies while in the air
* Fixed bug that caused the grenade throw animation to incorrectly play when spectating in the game
* Fixed view jitter caused by prediction errors when near physics objects
* Spectators now hear weapon pickup sounds
* Armor is now given with game_player_equip
* Extra pistol ammo no longer given at round restart
* Weaker flashbangs effects no longer cancel out stronger ones
* maps/cfg/.cfg aren't exec'd if they don't exist (fixes console warnings)
* Fixed bug that caused hostage scenario HUD icon showing 1 hostage left when all were rescued or dead
* game_player_equip removes player equipment before adding new items

Bot Changes

* Bots can use sloped ladders now
* Bots open +use doors better
* Bots don't think they're stuck when hiding
* Bots using knives can break breakables while pursuing enemies now

Navigation Mesh generation improvements

* Nav generation ignores doors and breakables better
* Non-planar nav areas aren't merged into larger areas
* Added nav_generate_incremental to generate additional nav areas starting from a walkable marker, without destroying existing mesh
* Areas no longer get connected to ladders multiple times (caused a crash if the ladder was deleted)
* Added nav_restart_after_analysis
* Fixed bug where some areas would be incorrectly marked as crouch

Navigation Mesh Editor changes

* Nav areas draw a background color, making them more visible
* Nav_update_blocked warps the local player to the first blocked area
* Added nav_build_ladder (point at a climbable surface so the cursor is green, and type nav_build_ladder to automatically create a nav ladder)
* Added nav_no_hostages, to mark an area as not suitable for hostage navigation
* Added nav_remove_unused_jump_areas to remove extraneous jump areas
* Fixed a crash caused by manually creating an area before doing a nav_generate on a new map

Djtima
07-09-2005, 12:24 PM
i likers teh assault!!!

trajillo
07-09-2005, 12:56 PM
yeah... but too bad i can only run games at like 60 fps and then 2 mins later dropping to 9 fps due to the best graphics card ever made

Tylerrought
07-09-2005, 07:58 PM
there is only 1 update im hoping they release.. and that is to fix those damned hitboxes. and the new t models are ugly as fuk.

Djtima
07-10-2005, 08:49 AM
lol i must agree with you there...
it seems their heads are getting bigger and lips look like they have lipstick or somthin in them... very unusual

dinner123
07-10-2005, 02:51 PM
hopefully valve will get around to making a player model selection like in CS1.6
i hate these silly ninja wanabees terrorist models

{I}{K}{E}
07-10-2005, 03:17 PM
hopefully valve will get around to making a player model selection like in CS1.6
i hate these silly ninja wanabees terrorist models

thats what I hate about 1.6, that you can choose from 4 skins. I always shoot @ my own team :lol:

abu_has_the_power
07-10-2005, 04:39 PM
the T's look ridiculous in this update. i like assault though. very nice port from 1.6

S!X
07-10-2005, 09:05 PM
If you guys dont like the new T models download skins for em.

Tylerrought
07-11-2005, 12:09 AM
i have custom skins for everything skinable in css. it helps a lot.

Djtima
07-11-2005, 01:17 AM
yeah... but i personaly think it takes away from the game when you got custom skins...
but thats me
and i heard that they are making the skin selection screen after they make a couple more skins... im guessing it will take a while before they bring it out, as they take there sweet arse time when making stuff

Tylerrought
07-11-2005, 02:51 AM
what are u talking about? it adds to the game, it doesnt take away from it. how can having custom skins that match ur likes take away from the game? wow.... sum ppl these days are quite odd.

S!X
07-11-2005, 06:24 AM
what are u talking about? it adds to the game, it doesnt take away from it. how can having custom skins that match ur likes take away from the game? wow.... sum ppl these days are quite odd.

Skins are nice to have, especially to replaces those stupid wrongly mirrored weapons.

{I}{K}{E}
07-14-2005, 08:40 AM
Counter-Strike: Source Update Available
July 13, 2005, 4:46 pm · Alfred Reynolds
An update to Counter-Strike: Source has been released. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

* Fixed model scale problem resulting in under-sized players
* Fixed model's feet sliding while running
* Made the new Terrorist model leaner

Formula1
07-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Time, i download CSS emporio again, surprisingly, the group still releases updates for it..

GepperRankins
07-14-2005, 03:58 PM
custom skins can give you an unfair advantage. you could make enemies flourescent so they're easier to see....

or have i misunderstood how it works?

{I}{K}{E}
07-14-2005, 04:10 PM
custom skins can give you an unfair advantage. you could make enemies flourescent so they're easier to see....

or have i misunderstood how it works?

there are mods that will only change the skins you see, not for everyone

{I}{K}{E}
10-12-2005, 08:28 AM
The new Steam sucks :(

silent h3ro
10-12-2005, 06:56 PM
The new Steam sucks :(What new Steam??

Peerzy
10-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Theres a new GUI and new code for the Steam program. Update your Steam to find out more.

S!X
10-12-2005, 07:57 PM
The new Steam sucks :(

The new look is ghey. One good thing though is that it doesnt eat a ton of memory in idle. :blink: