PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail Account Hacked

mrcall1969
04-04-2003, 10:11 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to access my Hotmail account but it appears my password has been changed!

What I'm wondering is how easy it is for someone that doesn't know my email address to do this?

This is the only place that my address is posted and I'd hate to think that anyone from here would do it.

If it is someone from here then I hope you are happy because a lot of very important stuff I use for work gets sent there!

alan36uk
04-04-2003, 10:18 PM
Hotmail is pretty easy to hack judging by hacking sites I have
frequented.I have no idea how you get it back.Sorry to hear about
it anyhow.
Good luck !!

alan36uk
04-04-2003, 10:18 PM
This forum is well messed up !!
only posted that once.

Ron
04-04-2003, 10:21 PM
I heard it was pretty easy too.
A while back some guys in Belgium hacked the police's Hotmail account here. :)
Anyway, I thought it had something to do with using the URL in the IE address bar.
If anyone here knows how to do this, could he PM Mrcall, so he can hack his way back into his own account?

mrcall1969
04-04-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Ron@4 April 2003 - 23:21
A while back some guys in Belgium hacked the police's Hotmail account here. :)
Anyway, I thought it had something to do with using the URL in the IE address bar.
If anyone here knows how to do this, could he PM Mrcall, so he can hack his way back into his own account?
Ron,

No matter how dire the situation, you always bring a smile to my face.

:D :D :D

Fatal Error
04-05-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by mrcall1969+4 April 2003 - 17:29--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrcall1969 @ 4 April 2003 - 17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Ron@4 April 2003 - 23:21
A while back some guys in Belgium hacked the police&#39;s Hotmail account here. :)
Ron,

No matter how dire the situation, you always bring a smile to my face.

:D :D :D[/b][/quote]
Oh damn.. that sux. Sorry to hear that MrC. You may try this (http://memberservices.passport.com) then click"I forgot my password" and follow the instructions there. Not sure if this will work. :unsure:

@ Ron: I got a chuckle out of that myself :D :D

Razz
04-05-2003, 02:19 AM
ok right have u tried getting them to give u ur password by answering ur secret question or has that been changed too, it is possible to report this kind of account abuse to hotmail :P

mrcall1969
04-05-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Razz@5 April 2003 - 03:19
ok right have u tried getting them to give u ur password by answering ur secret question or has that been changed too, it is possible to report this kind of account abuse to hotmail :P
Razz mate,
Whoever it was changed the question, but I got an email back from MSN saying that they coud recover the account.

Now, thanks to Ron, I&#39;m being inundated with PM&#39;s advising me how to hack&#33; :D :D :D

4play
04-05-2003, 02:57 AM
you can get in if you setup your hotmail account a certain way.

Two of the cookies, set by MSN.com and named "MSPAuth" and "MSPProf," are the digital keys that allow an attacker to access the interior pages of a Hotmail account without being prompted to sign in, and to read and send messages from the account and change the account holder&#39;s preferences

I would look through your cookies and see if they are about. maybe on an old computer you have or a computer at college.

But you have to setup hotmail to log you in automatically for it to work.