PDA

View Full Version : Printer queues forever, never prints anything anymore!

Spindulik
02-26-2005, 03:51 AM
My printer worked fine until recently (hp 3320 Deskjet - USB port)

If I print a small test page, it prints fine. If I print anything large, like a CD label or a picture, it queues and does nothing. I can't even cancel it.

I have to reboot, actually that won't work either, the PC "Just hangs" and I end up pulling the plug.

Then when I turn the PC back on, the print job decides to start printing, most of the time, but only one page and hangs again.

Anyhow, I tried the following:
- Un-installed printer drivers
- Install new drivers
- Remove all printer drivers, deleted any and all files associated with hp printers (DLLs, exe *.*, etc...)
- deleted all references of the hp files and drivers from the Windows registry (RegEdit.exe)
- Ran task manager to verify no HP drivers running
- Verified system services that the printer spool was enabled
- Tried every trick listed in Google and Yahoo!
- Deleted all of my USB drivers and reinstalled them
- Reinstalled my Gigabyte motherboard USB drivers
- Reinstalled "XP Service Pack One", again.
- I tried changing printer ports and adding a new one and reverting back to USB
- I have several "restore" points, but XP says it can't do any of them. Why did I or Microsoft waste any time in doing that?
- I tried so many things, now I am ready to reformat the computer and install XP again. I'd try LINUX, but last time it tried it, there appeared to be too much crap-work involved to make anything work in that environment. All I want to do is print, not become another programmer.

Nothing seems to work.

I even went to hp's "Live chat with a technician" page. What a joke that was. They have this website that says you will be connected live, in a private chat room with a REAL TECHNICIAN to help your printer problem. Hahahaha, it is a computer with semi-artifical intelligence. It replies with canned answers based on your replies. Takes almost a minute for each chat reply. You spend 40 minutes on stupid answers. "Is the printer plugged in?", "Did you install the newest drivers?", is the printer turned on?", "Is the light on?".

peat moss
02-26-2005, 04:05 AM
Hit with big fucking hammer , buy new one. ! Problem solved . :01: Jk , hey thats the one I have great little printer. Cancel print job. Unistall printer and drivers . Run regcleaner , reinstall .

This one should be a peice of cake . Sounds like you'v tryed everthing . Have you tryed just XP drivers , thats all I'm running . I hate that homo HP shit. :whistling

Spindulik
02-26-2005, 05:06 AM
Hit with big fucking hammer , buy new one. ! Problem solved . :01: Jk , hey thats the one I have great little printer. Cancel print job. Unistall printer and drivers . Run regcleaner , reinstall .

This one should be a peice of cake . Sounds like you'v tryed everthing . Have you tryed just XP drivers , thats all I'm running . I hate that homo HP shit. :whistling

Hi, thanks for the reply. I haven't seen any Reg Clean software for XP, other than "Norton's One-Button Fix-it", and I un-installed Norton due to reporting virus attacks and still letting them infect the PC, doing no protection at all. 'Virus Found!' and then it lets it into your computer.

zapjb
02-26-2005, 05:37 AM
RegCleaner here. http://www.worldstart.com/weekly-download/archives/reg-cleaner4.3.htm

RegSeeker there. http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

Two of the best ever. Both free.

tesco
02-26-2005, 05:37 AM
mines hp too.
it's shit.
mine quues for a while and be's annoying,

but nothing like my friend's cannon. it takes lile 10 minuted to start printing. :@

peat moss
02-26-2005, 06:22 AM
RegCleaner here. http://www.worldstart.com/weekly-download/archives/reg-cleaner4.3.htm

RegSeeker there. http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

Two of the best ever. Both free.

Well two good ones. Free too, so no excuse not to try. :D Try tnat then post back ,friend .

wipe709
02-26-2005, 02:40 PM
In the Printer Properties - Advanced, is start printing immediately checked under the Spool options?

Spindulik
02-27-2005, 12:50 AM
Well two good ones. Free too, so no excuse not to try. :D Try tnat then post back ,friend .

HOLY CRAP, these are some great programs! The one program that shows your registry displayed things that I uninstalled a long time ago. It even has a monitor that alerts you when the registry is changing. Great for finding where they hide the secret "Trial Period" information.

Anyhow, nothing helped. My printer prints a test page and nothing more complicated than that. I used to be able to print 55Mb images in a snap.

I think it is a big screw-up with some setting in XP. Not the printer.

I will be installing XP again, just to fix a software problem for a printer.

--------------
I know few people don't like HP printers, but I have owned and used Lexmark, Canon, hp and IBM. HP uses dyes for the Colors and pigment for the Black and the result is beautiful. HP is the choice for most industrial places that I have worked at, such as airports, power plants, water treatment facilities, Steel Mills, etc... That must say something about HP. I now have the HP as my printer, and I do re-fill the ink. So far I have save a few hundred dollars on the same ink cartridges and same re-fill kit.