PDA

View Full Version : BTK 'Person of Interest'

Everose
02-26-2005, 04:50 AM
I mentioned the BTK case on this board before when a psychic from England and camera crew went to Wichita to get a feel for the case.

The BTK (bind, torture, kill) killer has been connected to 8 murders between 1974 and 1986. He resurfaced in March of 2004 and began communicating with various news agencies and law enforcement agencies.

A website with some history about this killer is at BTK (http://www.catchBTK.com)

Here is a link to a news site with some new developments in the case.

I hope they have him.

Update BTK (http://www.ksn.com/news/stories/7032773.html)

j2k4
02-26-2005, 05:52 PM
They had expressed some concerns previously whether this latest communicant was bona fide; hope it proves out.

Everose
02-26-2005, 06:11 PM
They have arrested Dennis Rader, former ADT Security Officer in Wichita and charged him with at least 10 counts of murder. Rader, for the last 15 years has been the supervisor in the ordinance compliance department of Park City, Kansas.

Already a book in the making.....waiting on the final chapter. I imagine there will eventually be a movie made.

A lot of people in shock. He had been President of the Congregational Council of his church he attended for the last 20 years.

There was a CD Rom in one of the packages that he has been leaving all over for law enforcement. The computer forensics experts found Rader's name on it.

All hard drives from his office and home have been taken as evidence.

Snee
02-26-2005, 06:29 PM
I thought the US had their own mentalists, so I don't understand why they'd import one from England.

Everose
02-26-2005, 06:42 PM
Snny--From everything I read at the time, the English psychic was not requested, or imported by law enforcement on the case. From what I read, I gathered it was actually the English documentary film crew that brought the psychic over here to examine the case for a documentary. I should have been clearer on this.

I have not read anything that leads me to believe the psychic had anything to offer the case that was not already known by the various law enforcement agencies involved.

This case actually started 30 years ago....and was termed a 'cold case file' until March of 2004 when the BTK Killer started correspondence with the police department again. Fortunately the forensic department was very thorough in the murders, maintaining and storing evidence obtained, even though the DNA technology wasn't available back then to analyze the information collected.

Snee
02-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Ah, so it was more of a case of the british sending him/her away.

That's pretty clever.

Everose
02-26-2005, 06:58 PM
I have a friend who lives in the Wichita area and sells real estate there. As a woman who job took her into various neighborhoods in the evening, the thought of this killer was ever present.

Odd, the Social Security Department was represented and introduced at the press conference, and thanked for their manpower in tracking this guy.

I am wondering if this played in at the last, after the name was found on the CD.

Not a lot of information is being released, probably more will be when the case is turned over to Nola Foulston, the DA. She did make mention of the good 'Irish Fighter' that will be a part of her team. O'Conner is his name. :)

bigboab
02-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Ah, so it was more of a case of the british sending him/her away.

That's pretty clever.

A psychic should not need to wait for someone to send for them. :blink:

It will be a disgrace if they dont have him. 30 odd years, DNA etc. :(

Everose
02-27-2005, 12:10 AM
A psychic should not need to wait for someone to send for them. :blink:

It will be a disgrace if they dont have him. 30 odd years, DNA etc. :(

:D Good point, BB!

I see now where he was also a boy scout leader. On national news, I am hearing where his 26 year old daughter gave police her DNA samples, possibly after her Dad's arrest.

You just never really know about people, do you? :unsure:

Darth Sushi
02-27-2005, 01:12 AM
...Already a book in the making.....waiting on the final chapter. I imagine there will eventually be a movie made....
Well, I hope the movie is not called "BTK." It sounds too much like a burger king menu item.

Everose
02-27-2005, 02:44 AM
Well, I hope the movie is not called "BTK." It sounds too much like a burger king menu item.

:lol: I hadn't thought of that!

Could stand for 'bagged the killer', too. :D

(The killer actually suggested names for himself. This was one of them.)

3RA1N1AC
02-27-2005, 06:09 AM
Already a book in the making.....waiting on the final chapter.
yeah if he's found innocent i don't imagine the book will sell too well but i suppose it wouldn't hurt to try. to try turning a profit on people's misery, i mean, for $5 a pop on the "true crime & trashy romance" rack at the supermarket.

edit: i guess they could wait until someone's convicted? that'd prolly work best. better sales, more $$$. :P

Darth Sushi
02-27-2005, 10:21 AM
:lol: I hadn't thought of that!

Could stand for 'bagged the killer', too. :D
I was thinking "bacon, tomatoe, ketchup"

S!X
02-28-2005, 05:33 AM
Just saw that they got BTK, it was on DATELINE Nbc. Pretty interesting stuff.

Everose
02-28-2005, 02:01 PM
What has been interesting to me is following the Wichita news stations (provided in links) and then seeing what the national news stations do with the story. They have him confessing to 13 killings now, which the Wichita stations deny.

I have no pity for Mr. Rader. His family, though, was totally shocked, totally broadsided by this. His 29 year old son is under suicide watch.

Wichita stations are saying the disk he sent police led them to the church he attends. From there they narrowed it down, finally convincing his 26 year old daughter to give a DNA sample, and on this, they made their arrest.

j2k4
02-28-2005, 08:48 PM
It would appear they have him by the short hairs, which is just fine; this evil asshole has caused incredibly wide-spread suffering.

BTW-

I am aware of an interesting though irrelevant factoid; don't know if I should reveal it-even though it would appeal to those here possessed of a common prurient interest in such things, I'll abstain from recounting it. :)

Busyman
03-02-2005, 06:23 PM
It would appear they have him by the short hairs, which is just fine; this evil asshole has caused incredibly wide-spread suffering.

BTW-

I am aware of an interesting though irrelevant factoid; don't know if I should reveal it-even though it would appeal to those here possessed of a common prurient interest in such things, I'll abstain from recounting it. :)
Sorry j2 but that last sentence was rather pointless then, wasn't it? :dry:

"Hey everyone I know something that is irrelevent and you may or may not be interested in it but I'm not going to tell you." :wacko:

What a waste. :dry:

j2k4
03-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Sorry j2 but that last sentence was rather pointless then, wasn't it? :dry:

"Hey everyone I know something that is irrelevent and you may or may not be interested in it but I'm not going to tell you." :wacko:

What a waste. :dry:

I see your point, B.

Will you please refrain from reading any future teases I might concoct?

Safe me a bit of grief...

Busyman
03-02-2005, 09:36 PM
I see your point, B.

Will you please refrain from reading any future teases I might concoct?

Safe me a bit of grief...
I just thought it a bit odd coming from you is all.

You usually let the facts "fly" even in the midst of bullshit.

j2k4
03-02-2005, 09:55 PM
You're right, and I thank you for noting that.

I'm going to press for release of this information. ;)

sArA
03-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Suddenly I find myself more interested in J2k4's irrelevant secret than the original topic...... :huh:

Everose
03-02-2005, 11:50 PM
I have been pressed. ;)

In my employment as a City Hall Manager, I oversaw the compliance department in my City.

I attented quite a few schools and workshops in the ordinance compliance area, and Dennis Rader attended them also, as compliance supervisor of Park City.

He was older than me and we didn't socialize in the same groups, but I sat at tables with him and everything.

I liked him. He had a nice smile and was very knowledgable and helpful.

I was still reeling from Dennis's arrest and discussed it a bit with J2.

I know it was stupid and naive of me, but I always thought that if I came across this type of 'evil', (for lack of a better word) I would somehow have a clue or sense it and steer clear of it. As I said there was nothing about this man that concerned me a bit, in any way.

I didn't mention it because in the scope of things it seemed kind of trivial..... Imagine his family right now. To have lived and loved day in and day out for all those years and never even for one minute suspecting he was capable of this. I cannot fathom how they are coping with this.

I originally wanted to post and warn everyone to just be cautious, to not trust very easily.

But another part of me says I will be damned if I let this man's evil have any influence on my life or how I live it. :unsure:

sArA
03-03-2005, 12:32 AM
Just goes to show, you never can tell.

On the other hand....I suppose having actually met a serial killer (should he prove to be guilty) would be a good after dinner topic of conversation should there be a lull....

Sorry....irreverance is a failing of mine, this is not intended to be offensive or flippant, but....well....it sprung to mind...

j2k4
03-03-2005, 12:50 AM

On the other hand....I suppose having actually met a serial killer (should he prove to be guilty) would be a good after dinner topic of conversation should there be a lull....

Sorry....irreverance is a failing of mine, this is not intended to be offensive or flippant, but....well....it sprung to mind...

Just so-

Would you pass the potatoes, please, Sara? :D

Busyman
03-03-2005, 12:56 AM
Suddenly I find myself more interested in J2k4's irrelevant secret than the original topic...... :huh:
Then you, moderatererer, fell into the bed of spikes. :devil:

j2k4
03-03-2005, 12:59 AM

She'll be fine, B.

Pass the gravy, won't you?

sArA
03-03-2005, 02:12 AM

innuendo?

(well, it is late for me..... :whistling )

Here you go J2k4.....do you need the salt?

Everose
03-03-2005, 02:24 AM

Great, then you got my point! :D

Sara, there are actually 'lulls' in the conversation of dinner parties you attend? Sounds a tad bit....well, for me, anyway....a tad bit unusual, and possibly a little on the boring side. :D

Well, I try not to condemn people by what they find offensive or flippant, or even if they have a tendency to 'irreverance'. So not to worry. ;) :D

sArA
03-03-2005, 02:26 AM
I was talking purely hypothetically....I am not usually one for dinner parties. :)

Can you pass the gravy back please J2k4?

j2k4
03-03-2005, 09:42 PM
I was talking purely hypothetically....I am not usually one for dinner parties. :)

Can you pass the gravy back please J2k4?

Surely-mind, it's very hot. :)