PDA

View Full Version : Gang steals gems at Dutch airport

DanB
02-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Gang steals gems at Dutch airport

Robbers have made off with millions of euros' worth of diamonds and other gems after hijacking a cargo vehicle at Amsterdam's airport.

"A KLM Cargo armoured car containing valuable goods was hijacked on the cargo ramp at Schiphol this morning," the Dutch airline KLM said.

Unconfirmed reports say the haul was worth at least 75m euros (£52m; $99m).

The gems were on their way to a flight bound for Antwerp, Europe's diamond capital, when the robbers struck.

Nobody was injured in the raid, KLM said.

The vehicle was later recovered in Hoofddorp, a town near the airport.

Schiphol police told the BBC that the robbery happened just before the "high value goods" were going to be loaded onto the plane and that there were plenty of witnesses.

A team of 25 detectives is investigating the robbery, spokeswoman Frederique Hermie said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4298991.stm

And I thought the Irish robbery was a pretty good payday :lol: :lol:

bigboab
02-26-2005, 01:03 PM
A team of 25 detectives is investigating the robbery, spokeswoman Frederique Hermie said

Is this an inside job? :whistling

Snee
02-26-2005, 02:06 PM
I wonder if they'll get away with it.

Also, I've been thinking that this kind of crime isn't that bad (assuming no one gets hurt in the process).

I mean, these are luxury articles, they will save no lives, and nor would I expect anyone who owned them to become destitute over losing them. I mean, they aren't gonna' send all their stuff in one delivery, and they are probably insured as well.

If I was going into crime it'd be something like it.

{I}{K}{E}
02-26-2005, 02:12 PM
75m euros, DAMN!

Cheese
02-26-2005, 03:16 PM
It's always DanB that reports these types of crimes on this board. :suspect:

DanB
02-26-2005, 03:27 PM
:whistling