PDA

View Full Version : I need a DL Prog.

bigdawgfoxx
02-26-2005, 06:04 PM
Im sick of dealing with winmx which doesnt have many files and kazaa lites bullshit.

I want a good program. I tryed bearshare but it installs adware and I dont want that. I tried Emule but for some reason I never can forward ports and I dont have ne clue how to use emule..

Whats a damn good program thats fairly easy to use (or if its not you can explain to me how to tweak it) and has a lot of files?

RealitY
02-27-2005, 04:02 AM
If you wanna take the step take a look at the NG Kit in my sig then.
Its a bit of work at first but once youve got it youll never find better really.

SingaBoiy
02-27-2005, 04:16 AM
I like Ares. But Grabit beats the hell out of anything :D

RealitY
02-27-2005, 04:57 AM
Im actually using NewsLeecher these dyas as it makes GrabIt look like crap in what it can do.
Although oddly GrabIt is most likely the next best thing and a good starting point...

bigdawgfoxx
02-27-2005, 04:54 PM
I want a prog with a lot of people and a lotttt of files...does grabit have that?

...I was looking at some screenshots and it doesnt seem to be what I want really. I want something simple where I can just go to search and find it. Not have to figure out what to connect to and shit.

With bearshare can I have them install Save! and then uninstall it and it will still work?

Spindulik
02-27-2005, 05:20 PM
...I want something simple where I can just go to search and find it. Not have to figure out what to connect to and shit....

Me too. I tried emule for the first time (yesturday) and all it doies is sit and wait. Looks like a millions sources, but nothing happens. I can write fake progam and and make people wait too.

Filliz
02-27-2005, 05:21 PM
I want a prog with a lot of people and a lotttt of files...does grabit have that?

...I was looking at some screenshots and it doesnt seem to be what I want really. I want something simple where I can just go to search and find it. Not have to figure out what to connect to and shit.

With bearshare can I have them install Save! and then uninstall it and it will still work?
Seriously,once you figured out how Newsgroups work it will be the first place where you'll look to download files.It might look a bit complicated at first,but you'll get the hang of it pretty fast
Consider Usenet as a big server on which all kinds of files are stored just waiting for you to download them at max. speed.

Other than that try bittorrent,emule.
Lots of people and lots of files.
Downside is that your downloadspeed depends on the people you're connected to.
With newsgroups you always download as fast as your connection can go(or pretty close to it),and you don't have to worry about people you're downloading from going offline because there are no people to download from ;)

Spindulik
02-27-2005, 05:30 PM
...Other than that try bittorrent,emule...

I tried BITORRENT, and that is good and fast.

My ISP, since the last time I looked doesn't "provide news group" service, unless an extra fee is paid. I don't even know what that means. Sounds like a lot of work for the general masses to be willing to do this grabit. I'll give it a try tonight. Right now I am in a hurry to burn some disks.

bigdawgfoxx
02-28-2005, 12:22 AM
yeah but bitorrent is not a program u can just open up like winmx..

kazaaman
02-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Ares is very easy to use and excellent

bigdawgfoxx
02-28-2005, 10:18 PM
Thanks I will try it

bigdawgfoxx
02-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Ares is very easy to use and excellent

Thank you! I think this is prog for me!

What do the bold titles in the search tab mean?

And is there any way to "find more sources" like you can do in winmx?

bigdawgfoxx
03-02-2005, 02:46 AM
Thank you! I think this is prog for me!

What do the bold titles in the search tab mean?

And is there any way to "find more sources" like you can do in winmx?

anyone know??

geezagonk
03-02-2005, 03:44 PM
anyone know??

I was wondering the same thing, don't think it has a "find more sources" option, which is a shame.

I'd say ARES was the best program around for my own circumstances.

Anyone know what the BOLD files are in the search?

bigdawgfoxx
03-02-2005, 11:58 PM
I read somewhere that Ares has an AUTOMATIC find more sources thing that does it pretty often...so thats not bad

kazaaman
03-03-2005, 01:02 AM
Yea i am pretty sure that it does, it has a built in auto search more also..... I think

Spindulik
03-05-2005, 02:46 PM
yeah but bitorrent is not a program u can just open up like winmx..

It is "in a way" if you have 'ABC Torrent'.

Spindulik
03-05-2005, 02:49 PM
I downloaded eMule Plus, I couldn't find a place to download eMule that didn't have viruses or spyware built-in.

I keep getting LowId error. I searched a million places that talk about it and no real answers. Oh, the common answer is that the previous version of eMule is still recognized, and eMule Plus can't get through the firewall. I NEVER had eMule installed before.