PDA

View Full Version : FST discussion

vernarial
02-25-2005, 11:33 PM
You have a very nice site here. I am a member of several forums related to the same topics you cover here. I will definitely be registering here shortly. I am a member of a forum you might have heard of called p2pconsortium. The main thing there is to give people from all the different sites a place to congregate. I was just wondering if you guys minded if I linked to you here at that forum, and let people know about this place. I could even put up a banner for you there if you all have one I could use. I was just loking for some different forums when I stumbled across this site. You all seem very nice and intelligent.

vernarial
02-25-2005, 11:53 PM
Oops. I guess you guys already have an affiliate link over there.

RealitY
02-26-2005, 03:54 AM
Welcome aboard and thanks for compliments...

{I}{K}{E}
02-26-2005, 10:26 AM
I noticed they had a Affiliates picture.

maybe you can ask them to change it into the one I uploaded. The one they use now doesnt look nice ;)

Peerzy
02-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Also as a note to Brian thats how are Frontpage should look like, im quite happy and i would have thought others would be to pm Brian stories for him to add, it shows who's online and a few forum stats on the side and has a nice navigation box on the left next to a PayPal donate button.

{I}{K}{E}
02-26-2005, 05:14 PM
Also as a note to Brian thats how are Frontpage should look like, im quite happy and i would have thought others would be to pm Brian stories for him to add, it shows who's online and a few forum stats on the side and has a nice navigation box on the left next to a PayPal donate button.

They use a IPB mod.

I found one for vBulletin:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59524

But it is still a RC.

Peerzy
02-26-2005, 06:06 PM
They use a IPB mod.

I found one for vBulletin:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59524

But it is still a RC.

Look at our URL: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/ implying that theres still a fucked up IPB install somewhere on the servers. Meaning (as most people hate VB here anyway) if we fixed the IPB and say took the board down for two hours Brian could backup the forum and import it into IPB and if for some reason it got fucked we would still have a working VB board and a working backup just incase.

Brian knows nothing about Vb than he does about IPB but the only reason we moved to this shitty software is Krohn. IPB is also alot more 'n00b' admin friendly. It just seems that the admin and mod team can work on installing/fixing the IPB forum without effecting the VB one and if the VB ever had a database crash we could quickly and easly migrate over to the IPB one. After all we've all learnt here that database backups seem to go fucko alot.

{I}{K}{E}
02-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Look at our URL: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/ implying that theres still a fucked up IPB install somewhere on the servers. Meaning (as most people hate VB here anyway) if we fixed the IPB and say took the board down for two hours Brian could backup the forum and import it into IPB and if for some reason it got fucked we would still have a working VB board and a working backup just incase.

Brian knows nothing about Vb than he does about IPB but the only reason we moved to this shitty software is Krohn. IPB is also alot more 'n00b' admin friendly. It just seems that the admin and mod team can work on installing/fixing the IPB forum without effecting the VB one and if the VB ever had a database crash we could quickly and easly migrate over to the IPB one. After all we've all learnt here that database backups seem to go fucko alot.

We changed to vBulletin because something went wrong when Error tried tried to change something in the settings (dunno what). because we didnt had a backup of the board (made within 30 days) and we had a temp board which was created not long before the forum got fucked up, we changed to vB instead of starting from scratch

I think all the IPB stuff was removed (not sure). I thought about this option some time ago, but never talked about it with Brian. I prefer IPB. but if we are not going to have new 'stuff' and just keep it how it is now, then there is no need to change 2 IPB again. We should only do major changes if Brian still wants to inprove this website.

(split the thread from the guest section and posted in here)

Snee
02-26-2005, 06:41 PM
...You all seem very nice and intelligent.
:evidence:

Yep, he's posting at the wrong board, prolly 'cos he had multiple tabs open.

I did it myself when I was drunk.

rookiecrd1
02-26-2005, 07:55 PM
Nah no going back to IPB. I know VB much better then IPB and have switched all my forums over to VB. Without the switch to VB this forum would be almost dead.

If you guys want something for the front page I can probably have my programmer make something nice that is integrated with the forum.

Brian

Peerzy
02-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Nah no going back to IPB. I know VB much better then IPB and have switched all my forums over to VB. Without the switch to VB this forum would be almost dead.

If you guys want something for the front page I can probably have my programmer make something nice that is integrated with the forum.

Brian

That would be nice, im sure members can give you news to post up and an intergrated forum stats and stuff would be cool.

RealitY
02-26-2005, 08:17 PM
Were discussing changing the front page possibly to a simpler layout.
Ive done a few adjustments and if agreed perhaps it will be put up.
As for IPB though many like it weve invested to much to go back.

RealitY
02-28-2005, 07:35 AM
Ive just hopefully finished a simpler layout for the front page and if all is well should be up soon. Ive taken out the News stuff as it would seem most of the stuff would be duplicated in the forum anyway and it would need someone dedicated to update something that is just duplicated as Ive mentioned. I think we should keep the dl section although someone will need to keep those pages up to date of course. As for board stats and stuff I guess we could add that also at some point as I guess it would look good also...

Filliz
02-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Ive just hopefully finished a simpler layout for the front page and if all is well should be up soon. Ive taken out the News stuff as it would seem most of the stuff would be duplicated in the forum anyway and it would need someone dedicated to update something that is just duplicated as Ive mentioned. I think we should keep the dl section although someone will need to keep those pages up to date of course. As for board stats and stuff I guess we could add that also at some point as I guess it would look good also...

I kinda forgot filesharingtalk comes with a frontpage. :rolleyes:
If the new page looks any good I might come in through the front door from now on.
And a portal,as the call it,like on p2pconsortium would be really nice indeed.

tesco
02-28-2005, 01:22 PM
It would be kool if the downloads page was able to me submitted to by any members, then it would actually be kept uptodate instead of relying on one or two people to do it.
but then it might need to be modded to remove doubles and spam.

Peerzy
02-28-2005, 03:13 PM

As much as you'all hate me i don't mine updating news stories or something.

Vargas
02-28-2005, 03:29 PM
i don't mine updating news stories

able to me submitted to
you guys mite wanto leave that jorb up to peeple that kan spel :lol:

Peerzy
02-28-2005, 03:42 PM
you guys mite wanto leave that jorb up to peeple that kan spel :lol:

Ei kan spelel muthafuka :cptnazard:

RealitY
02-28-2005, 04:54 PM
I find it difficult to see the point of updating News stories when theyre already a topic anyway.
I guess its something we could consider somehow although Im not sure why...

Snee
02-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Meh, the front page is just annoying, it'd be better if the www.filesharingtalk.com url pointed straight at the board index instead.

enoughfakefiles
02-28-2005, 10:54 PM
Meh, the front page is just annoying, it'd be better if the www.filesharingtalk.com url pointed straight at the board index instead.

Its does my head in as well SnnY.I thought they were going to change it.It`s so last year. :dry:

May a poll. :lol:

Peerzy
03-01-2005, 08:09 AM
Its annoying right now, if it was someway intergrated into the forum (show'd members online most, popular threads and so on) i might consider coming in that way (which gives Brian another way to advertise with google banners on that site as well, meaning more money.

RealitY
03-03-2005, 06:36 AM
When we have a chance well see about adding stats and so forth.
Although for now its updated to a simpler layout at least...
http://filesharingtalk.com/