PDA

View Full Version : IPod question

numba1xclusive
02-27-2005, 01:32 AM
whats the difference between the HP IPod and the regular IPod besides the HP tag slapped on?

{I}{K}{E}
02-27-2005, 02:11 AM
The Apple iPod is manufactured by Apple, and the HP iPod is manufactured by HP. Other than that, they are totally identical.

Q: What's the difference between the Apple 4G iPod and the HP 4G iPod?

A: The Apple iPod and the HP iPod are the same as far as function and appearance. The only differences are that the HP iPod comes pre-formatted to work on Windows and includes a Windows installation CD, the HP logo appears on the back of the HP iPod, and the box is blue and white with "iPod+hp" and a "people photo" on it.

In addition, AppleCare cannot be purchased for HP's version of the iPod. If you desire the 2-year coverage provided by AppleCare, you'll need to purchase an Apple-branded iPod.

tesco
02-27-2005, 02:40 AM
I'd go for the apple one just for better support/warranty. ;)

Sasage
02-27-2005, 05:30 AM
AppleŽ today unveiled the second generation iPodŽ mini lineup with a new 4GB model priced at just $199 and a new 6GB model with 50 percent more storage priced at $249. Both iPod mini models feature increased battery life of up to 18 hours, USB charging and an ultra-portable, lightweight design available in four vibrant colors.
From Reuters.

I'm thinking about one of these as well.

_John_Lennon_
03-01-2005, 02:56 AM
Four vibrant colors? blue pink green silver and wasnt there another one?

Perhaps im going crazy.

EDIT: Gold! Are they doing away with the Gold, or just not including silver as one of those 'vibrant' colors?

bigdawgfoxx
03-01-2005, 03:44 AM
I would never EVER buy the HP one...forget HP

Monkeee
03-01-2005, 04:56 AM
Four vibrant colors? blue pink green silver and wasnt there another one?

Perhaps im going crazy.

EDIT: Gold! Are they doing away with the Gold, or just not including silver as one of those 'vibrant' colors?

Gold wasen't selling as good as the other colors so they just stoped making em!!

i feel bad for Apple... they arn't doing good in the iPod sellings, all these prices going down! i mean c mon a 60 Gig Photo iPod for 450$... i remember the 40 Gig iPod was 500$... thoes poor poor basturds...

_John_Lennon_
03-02-2005, 02:15 AM
Gold wasen't selling as good as the other colors so they just stoped making em!!

i feel bad for Apple... they arn't doing good in the iPod sellings, all these prices going down! i mean c mon a 60 Gig Photo iPod for 450$... i remember the 40 Gig iPod was 500$... thoes poor poor basturds...

Erm, the ipods are a big hit actually, they have become a huge status symbol. And their stock is on the up and up.

Mr. Blunt
03-02-2005, 04:29 AM
The new iPod Mini's suck because they don't come with a AC charger. :(

erRor67
03-02-2005, 05:00 AM
I think I'll wait for the iPods to drop even lower in price, then I'll buy. :lol:

numba1xclusive
03-02-2005, 09:15 PM
I think I'll wait for the iPods to drop even lower in price, then I'll buy. :lol:

They still havent cut prices for the regular 20 gb.lol

Monkeee
03-03-2005, 04:38 AM
Erm, the ipods are a big hit actually, they have become a huge status symbol. And their stock is on the up and up.

cause they're prices are going low as fuck.

david622
03-03-2005, 09:54 PM
if u want a REALLY cheap ipod u might wanna try the ipod shuffle

(300th post!)