PDA

View Full Version : Is P2P Finished?

geezagonk
02-28-2005, 07:51 PM
I couldn't believe it when I reconnected to k-lite after a break. You search for a file and it shows 1 user sharing every file that you've searched for :dry: .

Other P2P networks all have their faults, I think time (and the authorities) have finally caught up.

Edit: Just found Ares-lite, all is not lost :D

vivitron 15
02-28-2005, 08:32 PM
lol, p2p isnt finished but klite is :)

check out Bittorrent/emule too :)

geezagonk
02-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Haven't tried BT, but Emule is the slowest thing on the slowest day in slowland.

As I said found Ares-lite.....

Joakim Agren
02-28-2005, 09:31 PM
Hello!

K-Lite is not finished yeat!!

Atleast not for individual music files. I still get alot of stuff there and right now more thn 2.4 million users so no not dead!!.

For movies it is almost dead!!

And it is not so good for apps either anymore. I recommend a combination of Gnutella(eg LimeWire) and Kazaa Lite for music and for apps and older movies and PrOn I recommend ED2K(great archive indeed) and for latest movies and PrOn BitTorrent(great realese system but as an archive of older stuff it is pretty bad)!!.

Snee
02-28-2005, 09:57 PM
I couldn't believe it when I reconnected to k-lite after a break. You search for a file and it shows 1 user sharing every file that you've searched for :dry: .

Other P2P networks all have their faults, I think time (and the authorities) have finally caught up.

Edit: Just found Ares-lite, all is not lost :D
If you hadn't tried BT or Ares, what networks/p2p apps, barring k-lite and e-mule, have you actually tried?

Just out of interest, like.

And BTW, I've gotten good speeds on e-mule on files I couldn't find elsewhere, you just gotta' know how to pick 'em.