PDA

View Full Version : New user to BT have i missed the boat.

blop
03-01-2005, 02:39 PM
A while ago my mates started telling me about BT and i was not convinced i tried other programs before but i kept with my faithfull Mule (eMule). I have recently realised what a fool i was and there is a load of stuff i really want! like stargate DVD images and Babylone 5 dvd images!

But now im a convert all the sites seem to be being screwed by the evil captialist elite...

Is BT on its way out?

If not what site should i be using!!

Many thanks guys and gals!

BawA
03-01-2005, 02:50 PM
BT is not like kazaa that u must use a client to get ur stuff of, u must be using site to get ur files a clients just downloads them for u.
get "Azureus" bt client and signup for a good bt tracker like elitetorrents.org or u can just use torrentspy.com if u dont want to singup .
on user based sites(eg elitetorrents) new files get there quickly and u can get them at ur maximum download speed but on non user based(eg torrent spy) ull not get new files so fast and u might wait till u get a decent speed(mostly a well published file will be downloaed at high speed even with non userbased site)

blop
03-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Ok i have got this Azureus i have not set up any port redirection but it seems to work...i tried ET and FileList but they are at full membership :(...

Will i get on?

BawA
03-01-2005, 03:08 PM
well i have an invite on elitetorrent but u must prove ur worth it.
aka tell me ur internet connection speed and make me belive u wont just waste the invite.

blop
03-01-2005, 03:24 PM
wow is this like a job interview...?

Well im on a 512/256 adsl 20:1 contention ratio, soon upgrading to 1mb as sdsl is never going to get to my neck of the woods!
I normally upload at around 15kb as this seems to allow me to surf while im p2p'ing, and am no leecher.
I run 2 pcs one for my use and one as a dedicated p2p server that runs pretty much all th time.

And as to if im going to waste it..... As soon as i find stargate/babylon 5 etc im gonna p2p till my isp cuts me off :D

BawA
03-01-2005, 03:29 PM
lol
these invites r pretty hard to get, if u see there r some trading going on for invites on this section.
anyway give me ur email and ill send ya the invite.

blop
03-01-2005, 03:31 PM
cheers man!!
[email protected]

BawA
03-01-2005, 03:44 PM
done

blop
03-01-2005, 04:50 PM
woot! im in! and omg there is the whole 8 series of SG! waiting for me....when i get home my phone line will be glowing!!

Cheers mate!

ET seems to have a massive wealth of files...is it considered the best site? :D :D

Harsh!
03-01-2005, 07:50 PM
well i have an invite on elitetorrent but u must prove ur worth it.

How many invites you have left??
And can I have one please?
:)

Jordank87
03-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Yeah if you have more that'd be great as well :D. Im on a comcast cable line now running with 4mb. I never leach at all i usually just start downloading the file before i got to sleep, leave it on when i wake up even if its done, go to school come home, its usually done by this time but i still leave it on then go to work then come home and then i start installing it. I would just really like this invite because i heard elitetorrents.org is a great site. My e-mail is [email protected] id greatly appreciate this. thank u

BawA
03-02-2005, 02:16 AM
woot! im in! and omg there is the whole 8 series of SG! waiting for me....when i get home my phone line will be glowing!!

Cheers mate!

ET seems to have a massive wealth of files...is it considered the best site? :D :D

well torrentbits was best and at 1st place but it went down so u can say ET is the best now.