PDA

View Full Version : Statement Of The Week

Jon L. Obscene
03-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Brian May (Of Queen for those who don't know) is a crap guitarist

This is what a mate said to me yesterday.
I just looked at him and burst out laughing and said "Yeah ok".

He likes Drum n Bass :frusty:

Wants me to play him a guitar part for some "Tunes" he's written on his PS2.

But he thinks Brian May is a crap guitarist...........don't leave a lot of hope for me then does it :huh:

Jonno :cool:

Guillaume
03-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Forceful insertion of a guitar up his arse might cure him.
sort of a, you know, vaccine...

:devil:

Mad Cat
03-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Brian May owns. Tell him to ram his PS2 up his arse. If it takes him less than 10 minutes he must be right.

EDIT: Two "shove it up his arse" comments within a few seconds of eachother :blink:
I hadn't read nor seen the guy above when I wrote this.

manker
03-01-2005, 05:57 PM
Perhaps your mate meant that Brian May's kind of guitar playing isn't very ... contemporary.

'cos it's not.

Yogi
03-01-2005, 06:00 PM
Songs "written" on a PS2................... :blink:

Says it all, doesn't it??? :lol:

Yogi

DarthInsinuate
03-01-2005, 06:04 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

/me rethinks his music career

Jon L. Obscene
03-01-2005, 06:05 PM
@Cat....... lol dude just shows how pervy you 2 are :P

@Manker........ No, he said he was listening to queen the other night round a friends and it was messy and out of tune :huh: I asked if he was sure it was Queen, he said "Yeah that opera one was crap" :ohmy:

@Yogi..... Exactly :rolleyes:

Cheese
03-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Brian who?

manker
03-01-2005, 06:15 PM
@Manker........ No, he said he was listening to queen the other night round a friends and it was messy and out of tune :huh: I asked if he was sure it was Queen, he said "Yeah that opera one was crap" :ohmy: So he didn't even know what Bohemian Rhapsody was called. Sheringham really is Royston Vasey :ermm:

Btw, I don't think Brian May is a crap guitarist, technically, but the sound he makes on the guitar is pretty boring, the same can be said of Eric Clapton - except substitute the word terminally in there.

They're like ... so 1970s, man.

Yogi
03-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Joe Satriani plays cool.

Bummer most of his music is crap.

lynx
03-01-2005, 07:05 PM
But he thinks Brian May is a crap guitarist...........don't leave a lot of hope for me then does it :huh:
No, we don't hold out much hope for you, but I can't see what that's got to do with guitars. :shifty:

Jon L. Obscene
03-01-2005, 07:23 PM
So he didn't even know what Bohemian Rhapsody was called. Sheringham really is Royston Vasey :ermm:

Btw, I don't think Brian May is a crap guitarist, technically, but the sound he makes on the guitar is pretty boring, the same can be said of Eric Clapton - except substitute the word terminally in there.

They're like ... so 1970s, man.

Ok first he's from Derby, moved here 2 years ago :P

Second.....Brian May has a sound which is extremly hard to emulate due to him building his own guitar.

I apreciate when someone says they "Don't like" someone like Clapton, May, Hendrix etc but no one has the right to say any of them are "Crap" , the only way you could say that is if you're better.

Guillaume
03-03-2005, 10:10 AM
It seems like Her royal Majesty Elizabeth II also has questionable tastes in music. (http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/02/people.ericclapton.ap/index.html)

CNN doesn't say if she owns a PS2 though. :P

Yogi
03-03-2005, 10:20 AM
It seems like Her royal Majesty Elizabeth II also has questionable tastes in music. (http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/02/people.ericclapton.ap/index.html)

CNN doesn't say if she owns a PS2 though. :P

Other guests included Charlotte Church, Cilla Black, Shirley Bassey, Roger Daltrey and Geri Halliwell. :blink:

Guillaume
03-03-2005, 10:24 AM
OK, I can forgive her not knowing teh ginger spice. :dry:

Yogi
03-03-2005, 10:32 AM
OK, I can forgive her not knowing teh ginger spice. :dry:

Probably the only one she knew.................. :rolleyes:

manker
03-03-2005, 11:09 AM
I apreciate when someone says they "Don't like" someone like Clapton, May, Hendrix etc but no one has the right to say any of them are "Crap" , the only way you could say that is if you're better.Not so, I say that Igor Biscan is crap and everyone agrees with me, even Scousers. However, he is much better at his profession than I would be.

Jon L. Obscene
03-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Who? :huh:

But yeah I see the error in my statement and retract the
the only way you could say that is if you're better part.

No what I meant was you can't say someone is "Crap" just because you don't like them, I think West Life are crap.........but they are, they band themselfs don't write music, they play no instrument and they are very poor live (what I've seen, out of tune and time).
I don't like Wings (Paul Macartny) but I wont dispute the bands talent. They write most of their own songs, they play live well and they play instruments, they are talented.
Thats what I meant :)

Yogi
03-04-2005, 03:52 PM
Stanley Jordan.