PDA

View Full Version : hey wtf???

BawA
03-02-2005, 12:48 PM
hey wtf... why Ike merged all image burning guides into 1 thread under his name without giving credits to thier creators, whats the use of describing the forum with "guides created by Members" if the mods r going to credit thoes guides with there name, come on man we spent some time to create them we deserve a private thread.
now if there was like 100 of guides like suprnova guide section which needs merging same category to shrink pages it would be something but we hardly have 10 guides in one section so why merging it.

for thoes who dont know...
http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t89785-.html

Edit:
great now the images used in guide r down and i cant update them http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon8.gif
dont tell me the orginal threads r deleted...

Virtualbody1234
03-02-2005, 01:17 PM
I agree that credit should be given but try to think of a better thread title next time.

BawA
03-02-2005, 01:20 PM
sorry about the topic title i was so pissed that i didnt bother about it.

{I}{K}{E}
03-02-2005, 01:22 PM
I forgot 2 add the credits :blushing:

1. I did NOT delete the original thread(s).
2. You created the Total CD Image Guide ??
3. The others posts except the first one :unsure: were posted by me. so those dont need credits.

BawA
03-02-2005, 01:28 PM
1) ok so its there but closed(cant edit it after all), why the hell its even closed if its removed from guide section.
2) yup, you have any Doubts
3) didnt know it and dont care either, btw the "Guide to using Alcohol 120%" wasnt made by u "Wizzandabe" did.

{I}{K}{E}
03-02-2005, 01:33 PM
1. you cannot edit the post because I 'created' that (http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t89785-.html) one.

Peerzy
03-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Also is theer any chance that my Overclocking guide be put into a thread made by me, so i can edit it freely. Or leave the thread there made by VB and inside it have a link to a normal thread posted in hardware world. That way i can make updates and answer questions and make corrects. The guide was written about a year ago so i've got alot more info to add to it, and im sure a few other members would like the same. Having it in a locked thread made by someone else is a bit silly, as i cannot update it, add to it, correct it, answer questions on it or anything.

Cheese
03-02-2005, 05:49 PM
This is an important issue and needs to be resolved with much haste.

Snee
03-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Obviously some ppl can edit their own locked guides :blink:

How else could muchspl2 remove his kvcd guide without you deleting the thread. Sort of a big disappointment trying to check the guide and getting three commas or whatever it was.

Now delete this as well, why don't you. :dry:

{I}{K}{E}
03-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Obviously some ppl can edit their own locked guides :blink:

How else could muchspl2 remove his kvcd guide without you deleting the thread. Sort of a big disappointment trying to check the guide and getting three commas or whatever it was.

locked threads can't be changed unless your an admin/mod.

Snee
03-02-2005, 07:34 PM
So, how come he could edit his guide?

{I}{K}{E}
03-02-2005, 07:36 PM
So, how come he could edit his guide?

that thread wasnt closed.

Snee
03-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Aha, I thought it was at some point tho'.

There were no other posts in it anyway.

Peerzy
03-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Also is theer any chance that my Overclocking guide be put into a thread made by me, so i can edit it freely. Or leave the thread there made by VB and inside it have a link to a normal thread posted in hardware world. That way i can make updates and answer questions and make corrects. The guide was written about a year ago so i've got alot more info to add to it, and im sure a few other members would like the same. Having it in a locked thread made by someone else is a bit silly, as i cannot update it, add to it, correct it, answer questions on it or anything.

:ermm:

Snee
03-02-2005, 09:06 PM
That is a very interesting and important question that needs answering asap, peerzy.

Peerzy
03-02-2005, 09:23 PM
That is a very interesting and important question that needs answering asap, peerzy.

:01:

So lets wait 6 months :dry:

lynx
03-02-2005, 09:24 PM
Also is theer any chance that my Overclocking guide be put into a thread made by me, so i can edit it freely. Or leave the thread there made by VB and inside it have a link to a normal thread posted in hardware world. That way i can make updates and answer questions and make corrects. The guide was written about a year ago so i've got alot more info to add to it, and im sure a few other members would like the same. Having it in a locked thread made by someone else is a bit silly, as i cannot update it, add to it, correct it, answer questions on it or anything.If you post an amended guide in the Hardware section I will make sure the locked copy is updated. There's nothing to stop you copying the existing post into a new thread.

The reason the guides are locked is to stop lots of spam being added to the end of the guides, and so that unwanted modification doesn't take place, as happened with muchspl2's guide. I suspected that things like that might happen, that's why I locked the HW guides.

Edit: was that fast enough for you? :P

Peerzy
03-02-2005, 09:31 PM
If you post an amended guide in the Hardware section I will make sure the locked copy is updated. There's nothing to stop you copying the existing post into a new thread.

The reason the guides are locked is to stop lots of spam being added to the end of the guides, and so that unwanted modification doesn't take place, as happened with muchspl2's guide. I suspected that things like that might happen, that's why I locked the HW guides.

Edit: was that fast enough for you? :P

So if i made a new thread with the guide in it, would the original topic in the guide section be updated with a link or something so i can update it and answer questions without making the guide section the new hardward world.

Meh you beat IKE, but still took you more than 10 minutes :whistling

BawA
03-03-2005, 02:35 AM
so IkE... what its gonna be, will i(we) get our own thread?
if not(which will be then no point of my guide being there) i like to remove my Guide from there and request to re open the orginal thread.

{I}{K}{E}
03-03-2005, 08:46 AM
if you give me a link to your original post. I will change it

lynx
03-03-2005, 12:20 PM
So if i made a new thread with the guide in it, would the original topic in the guide section be updated with a link or something so i can update it and answer questions without making the guide section the new hardward world.

Meh you beat IKE, but still took you more than 10 minutes :whistlingTwo separate points there.

The guide will remain locked, if you want it updating at any time simply post the modified version in HW world, there's no problem at all about bringing guides up to date.

If you want to create a discussion thread about the guide, there's no reason why you can't link from there to the guide. That way, clicking on the link will open it in a new window (or tab in FF) so that people can refer to it while posing their question. If it seems worthwhile it can be stickied.

BawA
03-03-2005, 06:07 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t83823-.html

{I}{K}{E}
03-03-2005, 06:25 PM
check the guides section.

BawA
03-04-2005, 05:41 AM
thanks IKE ;)