PDA

View Full Version : Anonx.com

Stagewrite
03-03-2005, 08:22 AM
Anyone know when/why it terminated?

powerstick
03-04-2005, 11:52 PM
how do you know it was terminated? I can't get access to the site.

Stagewrite
03-13-2005, 05:44 AM
For that reason alone. The sites not up anymore, nor are the login servers. Its been months since I've tried to login so I have no idea when they went down or why.

SeK612
03-13-2005, 12:42 PM
If this is the anonymous proxy service site, then the admin is a member here. A PM or email via the board may help to get answers. I remember a few members here being users of the service too so they may be able to help.

Mïcrösöül°V³
03-14-2005, 02:59 AM
Anonx went down for about a month, and most of wyatts customers cancelled because noone bothered to explain why the service was down. then they came back, sent emails to everyone asking us all to sign back up. I sent an email asking if i could sign back up with the price i was paying (i was with them about when they first got going), and i never heard a thing since then. I assume they are gone. I used to have wyatts email address, but i lost it. I wish they would come back. it was a great service when it was working. I even advertised it on my website, prompting wyatt to send me an email because of the amount of hits he was recieving because of it. He said i was in the top 20 referrals to his service, and he was gunna host my website for free because of it. I hate to think that if he had that much traffic and business, that they are gone, but i guess we'll see.
Oh, i think the members name is AnonXo or something like that for this board, I assume that is wyatt.

tchouf
03-20-2005, 10:58 AM
yes, it's strange, it's impossible to connect to anonx.com, i can connect to some vnp, but after that all my connections are dead, i think they have been hacked like the first time, but now it's worst

tchouf
03-21-2005, 06:47 PM
i remember there was somebody in the anonx forum, who had created a forum in the case the anonx forum would be dead ... i think (not sure) it was in a suprnova forum ... is there anybody who knows the adress?

tchouf
03-22-2005, 12:46 PM
go have a look at www.anonx.com, now it's sure they have been hacked

Mïcrösöül°V³
03-22-2005, 09:49 PM
go have a look at www.anonx.com, now it's sure they have been hacked
interesting, but you would think they (anonx) wouldve seen this by now, right?

BoardJester
03-22-2005, 09:58 PM
The domain was up for sale recently if I'm not mistaken.
If so they are long gone and the domain has been bought.

tchouf
03-24-2005, 12:57 PM

who can you be sure of that?

Secret Squirrel
03-25-2005, 03:15 AM
what was anonx?

Mïcrösöül°V³
03-25-2005, 03:59 AM
an anonymous pay proxy service that would mask your real ip address by tunneling you through a vpn. was great for filesharing, cuz the ip you displayed to the rest of the world was not you.

BoardJester
03-30-2005, 08:06 AM

who can you be sure of that?
I google the site name just after the last downtime started which never came back and ffoun some site that had the domain for sale which seems clear now as its long gone. The odd questionthough that still remains is what happened or why.

tracydani
03-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Seems as if the person who put it together thought he had a good idea for making money. Then when they started to become popular he realized it was going to take a bit of work to keep it up and running.

Looks like when the going got tough and the complaints started coming in as a result he couldn't be bothered with it all anymore.

Too bad, it was a great service while it lasted. Check out findnot instead. Same pricing as anonx and although I have been offline for a while, service was good when I was using it.

TD

tchouf
04-01-2005, 04:07 PM
what do you think of that? i was'nt home during 1 week, i try to connect to the anonx proxy! it was possible to do that before, but the difference now is that the proxy is working! i'm on it now!