PDA

View Full Version : Bag of Dicks!

TheDave
03-03-2005, 09:15 AM
i hate banks. i really fucking hate banks. :angry:

on the first day of every month a standing order takes £50 form the current account to the linked savings account. note the linked, meaning it's always in my account. no matter; one day i don't have the money in my account they don't do the transaction from my account to my account and fine me £30. motherfuckers! :angry:

Yogi
03-03-2005, 09:26 AM
They fine you 30 cos you missed one 50 payment???? :blink:

[/yogi off to start a bank........... :w00t: ]

TheDave
03-03-2005, 09:31 AM
yeah. but thats not what i'm pissed off about.

i'm pissed off because it was a transaction between two accounts under the same bank under the same name.

i'm also pissed off cos the jobcentre didn't pay me.

and another thing i'm pissed off about; the bank take 4 working days to transfer money. now i'm not gonna be able to pay my internet bill, so that'll be a £60 fine i think for disconnecting within 12 months

Yogi
03-03-2005, 09:35 AM
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/bernard.smith/manifesto/images/bank.gif :01:

TheDave
03-03-2005, 09:39 AM
i blame brian

http://www.nwl.co.uk/domestic/yb/Images/allianceLogo.gif
http://www.filesharingtalk.com/images/left_new.gif

notice any similarities :dry:

Guillaume
03-03-2005, 09:41 AM
So its the same all over the world, eh?

My bank opened me an account I didn't ask for and didn't tell me about. I found out after the revocation period, and if I want to close it (and get my 176 £ back) there's a 10 £ fee! :angry:

edit:

notice any similarities :dry:
Krohn's a banker? :unsure:

Yogi
03-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Sounds like a good movie title:

Blame it on Brian.

DarthInsinuate
03-03-2005, 12:23 PM
maybe they would treat you better if you didn't walk in with a phallically filled sack?

TheDave
03-03-2005, 12:25 PM
So its the same all over the world, eh?

My bank opened me an account I didn't ask for and didn't tell me about. I found out after the revocation period, and if I want to close it (and get my 176 £ back) there's a 10 £ fee! :angry:

edit:

Krohn's a banker? :unsure:
i mean the logos. ignore the words

100%
03-03-2005, 12:28 PM
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.
Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

i saw that logo in london the other day nd thought the same thing

lynx
03-03-2005, 12:30 PM

on the first day of every month a standing order takes £50 form the current account to the linked savings account. note the linked, meaning it's always in my account. no matter; one day i don't have the money in my account they don't do the transaction from my account to my account and fine me £30. motherfuckers! :angry:This is contrary to the code of banking practice. Threaten them with watchdog.

If any other bills aren't paid because the £30 has gone from your account you can demand compensation. Heck, demand it anyway.

Still, that's the way with banks, you stick your head in a bag of dicks and come out sucking your own. :wacko:

Keikan
03-04-2005, 11:11 AM
keep your money in a jar

TheDave
03-04-2005, 11:19 AM
thanks for bumping this. i forgot i was supposed to phone them

Jon L. Obscene
03-04-2005, 11:31 AM

on the first day of every month a standing order takes £50 form the current account to the linked savings account. note the linked, meaning it's always in my account. no matter; one day i don't have the money in my account they don't do the transaction from my account to my account and fine me £30. motherfuckers! :angry:

Welcome to my world.

One week before xmas I paid £1000 to a bank, £789's of the grand was charges and fines.

They wankers, if I had my way I would'nt have a bank account.

Jonno :cool:

NikkiD
03-04-2005, 05:00 PM
I've been there Dave... banks suck. Mine likes to bounce my rent cheques even if the money is in the account on the day the rent is due. I mean, my rent is due on the 1st. I deposit the money on the 1st... wouldn't you say that's on time? :blink: I've just gotten to the point where everytime they bounce something that I've got money in the account to cover, I throw a huge hissy fit with them over the extra fees they've charged until the deposit them back into my account.

Snee
03-04-2005, 05:08 PM
What if there was a bank of dicks? :unsure:

Wouldn't that be weird. Ha ha.

manker
03-04-2005, 05:14 PM

Wouldn't that be weird. Ha ha.The Egyptians used to cut the cawks off vanquished enemies as a means of counting the dead. I suppose the pile that they put them in could be a kind of a bank of dicks :pinch:

TheDave
03-04-2005, 05:57 PM
I've been there Dave... banks suck. Mine likes to bounce my rent cheques even if the money is in the account on the day the rent is due. I mean, my rent is due on the 1st. I deposit the money on the 1st... wouldn't you say that's on time? :blink: I've just gotten to the point where everytime they bounce something that I've got money in the account to cover, I throw a huge hissy fit with them over the extra fees they've charged until the deposit them back into my account.
you dont know how how lucky you canadians are. we'd have to put it in at least 4 working days (excluding saturdays) before

manker
03-04-2005, 06:05 PM
you dont know how how lucky you canadians are. we'd have to put it in at least 4 working days (excluding saturdays) beforeNope.

Cash shows up in your account the instant you deposit it, as does any form of eft. Cheques from the same bank take 3 working to clear and then to get credited to your account, and cheques from different banks take 5 working days to appear in your account.

bigboab
03-04-2005, 06:08 PM

Wouldn't that be weird. Ha ha.

What about a detective agency? :rolleyes:

TheDave
03-04-2005, 06:09 PM
i'm sure its taken days to go from account to account :unsure:

manker
03-04-2005, 06:14 PM
i'm sure its taken days to go from account to account :unsure:Shouldn't do. It's illegal if banks do that because they're denying you of interest if they credit one account before debiting the other.

If they did that to everyone then they'd be making billions more than they are already - a bit like that scheme in Superman III and Office Space, except completely different :blink:

Yogi
03-04-2005, 07:24 PM
See the similarity? :blink:

http://www.mindlesscrap.com/images/pictures/spermbank.jpg

YoDick

Snee
03-05-2005, 09:33 AM
Lowering the rating of a thread just because you are azzz is ghey, m'kay?

Jon L. Obscene
03-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Nope.

Cash shows up in your account the instant you deposit it, as does any form of eft. Cheques from the same bank take 3 working to clear and then to get credited to your account, and cheques from different banks take 5 working days to appear in your account.

Yeah that whole cheque thing is crap tho, if I put a cheque in I have to wait right?
But.....If I write a cheque to someone with no money in my account, then by the banks own rules I should have at least 3 working days to get that money to the account. Not so, once the cheque is presented it is taken from your account, it still does'nt reach the payee for 3 days, thus proving that the 3 working day thing is a lie by the banks. It's bollocks.
btw this is undisputable because I have been charged for it, wrote a cheque on a sunday, cheque was paid into their bank on the tuesday, I paid the money in wednesday.......then the cheque was bounced and I was charged £27.
Yet if I put a cheque in on tuesday I don't get the money til either friday or the following monday. So what happens to my money for those few days? :dry:

Busyman
03-05-2005, 12:50 PM
You guys need to read up on Check 21. We have it in America. Maybe you've got it too.

I also have another idea.....wait until you have enough money before writing the damn check. :lol: :lol:

mortsapprentice
03-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Yeah that whole cheque thing is crap tho, if I put a cheque in I have to wait right?
But.....If I write a cheque to someone with no money in my account, then by the banks own rules I should have at least 3 working days to get that money to the account. Not so, once the cheque is presented it is taken from your account, it still does'nt reach the payee for 3 days, thus proving that the 3 working day thing is a lie by the banks. It's bollocks.
btw this is undisputable because I have been charged for it, wrote a cheque on a sunday, cheque was paid into their bank on the tuesday, I paid the money in wednesday.......then the cheque was bounced and I was charged £27.
Yet if I put a cheque in on tuesday I don't get the money til either friday or the following monday. So what happens to my money for those few days? :dry:

its called clearing. look it up.

vidcc
03-08-2005, 05:53 PM
It's hard to understand in this day and age with all the communications and computerisation that all transactions are not instant. Banks need to drag themselves into this century.

I am afraid I have no sympathy for anyone that knowingly writes a cheque without having the funds to honour it. It is a risk that you take alone. People have played the odds and taken advantage of something (the 3 day thing) that wasn't really there.
I do however feel that banks should play fair and stop charging fees that resulted because of their inefficiencies.
Nobody should be fined for being overdrawn in one account if the bank has delayed a transfer of funds from a secondary account

That said it has been many years since I wrote a personal cheque for every day things, I find the debit/credit cards more convenient or for small amounts just use cash.

TheDave
03-08-2005, 05:56 PM
in the three/four days the bank puts your money into its own purse and plays the stock markets with it.

its illegal in many countries but not in the UK, and now they want us to start paying a fee every time we use an ATM and soon coinage will be confined to history if bug business has its way. meaning giving them money for nothing will be unavoidable

vidcc
03-08-2005, 06:06 PM
in the three/four days the bank puts your money into its own purse and plays the stock markets with it.

its illegal in many countries but not in the UK, and now they want us to start paying a fee every time we use an ATM and soon coinage will be confined to history if bug business has its way. meaning giving them money for nothing will be unavoidable

But how many people (assuming they stay "in the green") pay any bank charges at all on their cheaking accounts in the UK?

TheDave
03-08-2005, 06:12 PM
i dont :01:

but when i'm not "in the green" don't they let me know about it!

i always thought they made their money money from ludicrous charges and high interest on loans and stuff. atm charges and not letting you at your money for 4 days are taking the piss when you consider how long your money just sits in your account normally.

enoughfakefiles
03-08-2005, 06:22 PM
They charged my dad the other day for being over drawn for one afternoon.Needless to say he does`nt have an account there anymore. :dry:

TheDave
03-08-2005, 06:38 PM
i'm thinking maybe i should move accounts. my bro told me the same thing happened to his girlfriend but they fixed it for her. needless to say nothings been done for me and the manager hasn't phoned like i was promised

vidcc
03-08-2005, 07:04 PM
r. needless to say nothings been done for me and the manager hasn't phoned like i was promised
It seems your bank is full of merchants

lynx
03-08-2005, 08:11 PM
i'm thinking maybe i should move accounts. my bro told me the same thing happened to his girlfriend but they fixed it for her. needless to say nothings been done for me and the manager hasn't phoned like i was promisedIf you were promised a phone call and it hasn't happened, write to their head office with a copy to the manager. Make sure you mention things like excessive profits, and ask if it is true that their managers have targets for creaming excess charges from customers. :shifty:

It really does tend to stir things up. The manager will hate you for the rest of your days (or the rest of his, whichever is the earlier) but won't dare do anything about it, and they'll think twice before hitting you with charges again. :devil:

If you still don't get anywhere, write to Watchdog. Don't threaten to do it, just do it. Watchdog love to have a go at the banks periodically, and the banks tend to shit themselves when they get that call. Just depends whether your timing is good.

And when it is all over, move your account to another bank.

TheDave
03-08-2005, 09:04 PM
are you suggesting that i kill my bank manager?

lynx
03-08-2005, 09:20 PM
are you suggesting that i kill my bank manager?Nope.

But if you think it would help... :ph34r:

Guillaume
03-08-2005, 09:23 PM
are you suggesting that i kill my bank manager?

Yes, avenge us all bank-users! :angry:

:whistling

DarthInsinuate
03-08-2005, 10:06 PM
if you killed the bank manager, where would you put your £60,000 :huh:

TheDave
03-08-2005, 10:08 PM
you're willing to pay?

TheDave
03-09-2005, 12:20 AM
i am now a very happy bunny. stop staring yogi, it's rude

i just checked my account and they refunded my money :D