PDA

View Full Version : GTA for PC and XBox

BawA
03-04-2005, 12:32 PM
March 3, 2005 - In its Q1 financial report today, Take-Two reiterated it will bring its blockbuster PlayStation 2 title Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to the PC and Xbox in the company's third quarter.

What does this mean for the rest of us, though? We checked in with Rockstar today and came away with a specific date: June 7, 2005 in North America, with a European release following on June 10.

So, those of you obsessed with technical specs, lacking a PS2, or simply in love with the Xbox or the mouse and keyboard, mark your calendars.

another 2 months
Finaly... The Real Fun!!!

TheDave
03-04-2005, 02:24 PM
2? :ermm:

asmithz
03-04-2005, 02:58 PM
2? :ermm:

Its march, and it apparently comes out june 7th. http://php-net.net/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

I cant wait for the PC version, to mod every aspect of the game again. http://img116.exs.cx/img116/6469/g5cgrin.gif

3RA1N1AC
03-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Its march, and it apparently comes out june 7th. http://php-net.net/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif
yeah i think he's implying that somebody doesn't know how many months it is from march to june.

neevakee
03-04-2005, 03:17 PM
sweetness i cant wait

McNutter
03-04-2005, 11:52 PM
They better have given the graphics a major overhall. PS2 games look awful compared to the latest PC titles.

TheDave
03-05-2005, 12:24 AM
i counted four :blink:

ApacNTS
03-05-2005, 01:12 AM
march to april-1, april to may-2, may to june-3...omg 3 months. wtf school did you people graduate from? jp, i think i'll pick it up for xbox.

Peerzy
03-05-2005, 03:15 PM
i counted four :blink:

Yep, just Bawa can't count, or spell.

EDIT: And for some reason i can't count either, is it 3 or is it just me :unsure:

TheDave
03-05-2005, 03:26 PM
i'm gonna blame a june/quarter 3 mix up

Spicker
03-05-2005, 07:24 PM
lol another flame bawa thread :lol:

SL!X
04-20-2005, 12:58 PM
most of the time a game is on the internet well before release
about a month usually :)

so i hope i have San Andreas within a couple of weeks
(just to check it out ofcourse and buy it later :rolleyes: )

Wolfmight
04-20-2005, 01:09 PM
Well, makes you wonder about the Console gaming emulation law. You can only have an emulated game on your computer that you own. Well what about PS2 games? I bought GTA San Andreas for ps2, now it's gonna be emulated onto pc (technically yes, because it's the same game..people could debate over the topic as well ;-/) I could just download the pc version legal due to the situation.
Ahh, with this bush-it in office, it wouldn't matter.

Man 1- "Sir, some of the down loaders are legal, since they pay for their service such as iTunes"

Bush- "Hell, we don't have time to sort through that! We gatz ta fight da war! Arrest em all if I care!"

Man 1- "Yes sir, come with me"

Bush- "Well, hey HEY! What's in god's name!?"

...three more men come running into his office espionage style...

Man 1, 2, 3, and 4- "Many people are wanting to sue you, and as you ordered, the trials shall not be held. You forfeit the cases and lose the moneyZZ.. taaaa taaaaa!!"

just a thought ...muhohaha

SL!X
04-20-2005, 01:37 PM
i'm from holland and i don't think it works the same here
they recently cancelled a lot of trials against people who download music and games
but i've been seeing a lot of commercials on TV lately with some bullshit about that they're gonna catch illigal gamers
from an organisation called BIG (Ban Illigal Games)

i'm gonna download it anyway :lol:
but if it's a good game, maybe i'll buy it too
..just to keep the PC game-industry alive

vegeta_ssj12
04-20-2005, 10:01 PM
The Pc game industry is gonna stay alive, enough people will buy it instead of downloading it. Which is good since we can keep on downloading everything then.

SL!X
04-21-2005, 10:07 AM
yea Rockstar will continue making games for the PC
they'll make enough money, even if there are a milion people who downloaded their games
but for smaller game-developers illigal downloading is a much bigger problem

Filliz
04-21-2005, 10:12 AM
from an organisation called BIG (Ban Illigal Games)

:lol:
I've been on their messageboard when they first started.
That was fun! :lol:

http://img251.echo.cx/img251/2742/big7hc.gif

SL!X
04-22-2005, 04:10 PM
hehe
no one takes those BIG-guys seriously :lol:

btw, does anyone know when this game will be on the internet? i thought most games are delivered to stores earlier, to make sure every shop is supplied on the actual release date; that's the reason why they are earlier on the internet, right? :unsure:

scott_pd
04-25-2005, 02:47 PM
whats this game going to be better on, Xbox or PC? i usually prefer games like this on the Xbox, however this game you will have to deal with all the crap about excercising and eating and so on, if its on the Xbox then you will have to put up with this (unless the cheats are realeased for it, but then you dont get 100% and the added bonus's) where as if its on the PC a trainer will be released within 1-2 days that gets rid of all the eating crap and so on.

ziggyjuarez
04-25-2005, 02:51 PM
whats this game going to be better on, Xbox or PC? i usually prefer games like this on the Xbox, however this game you will have to deal with all the crap about excercising and eating and so on, if its on the Xbox then you will have to put up with this (unless the cheats are realeased for it, but then you dont get 100% and the added bonus's) where as if its on the PC a trainer will be released within 1-2 days that gets rid of all the eating crap and so on.

The eating is not very hard.Go in go out in 20sec :shutup:

scott_pd
04-25-2005, 03:01 PM
i didnt say it was going to be hard to do, but you need to do it often, aswell as train your biking skills or running skills or strength skills or gun skills....i think you get my point there. you have to do all this stuff aswell as trying to survive, protect your own turf, do missions and make money.

alot of games have alot of stuff going on, but most of it you dont have to do. where as this game there is alot of stuff you MUST do to survive, if you dont eat you will die, if your not that good with a gun you will die, if you cant run for long, well i dont know what happens if you cant run for long i just hop in a car usualy...

ziggyjuarez
04-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Most of the stuff you dont even try to do.It just happends while haveing fun.It takes a long time for you to die just because youre not eating.I think the stats in the game were a great add on.In the next GTA their gonna make it so you have to sleep,the ps3 then hibernates :01:

suprafreak6
04-25-2005, 09:43 PM
YAY ACHOO game aint great unless YOU GET IT FOR FREE!

SL!X
05-07-2005, 10:04 PM
has it leaked already? :ohmy:

Peerzy
05-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Games are hardly ever on the net a month before, depending on what release date you are talking about. True its usually about 1-2 weeks before the UK release date but usually the day of US release if its Safedisc/Secrurom copy protection. If its safe disc then its between 1 week and never being released.

Also no it hasn't been leaked, and i along with most people here wouldn't want a leak, because a leak is an unfinnished version of a product being released against the publishers wishes, so playing a half finnished GTA SA would ruin the whole experience for someone like me who hasn't play the PS2 counterpart.

SL!X
05-08-2005, 10:06 AM
as you probably know, games are delivered to stores some time before the actual release date
..and if a game leakes a month before the release date, you probably have a version that is finished or for 99.9% finished

and i am a gamer like you (havent played the PS2 version) and i would certainly download a version like that, if it means i can play it before release

Peerzy
05-08-2005, 12:07 PM
as you probably know, games are delivered to stores some time before the actual release date
..and if a game leakes a month before the release date, you probably have a version that is finished or for 99.9% finished

and i am a gamer like you (havent played the PS2 version) and i would certainly download a version like that, if it means i can play it before release

In the US & UK most games are shipped a maximun of about 3 days ahead of release date. The only time games are released quicker than 3 days before is if somehow they manage to nab a copy while its being printed (Basically while the disc is being made, but because theres 1000's of them no one notices a missing disc.

I hope you remember the first Doom 3 leak, wouldn't play on half the graphics cards, you had to type in codes for each map, half the monsters wern't there, levels were not in order and there was only 3 of them, opjects and doors were locked, keycards were missing so you could only play small portions of levels.

So imagine GTA SA, where if you went out of say a certain boundary the game crashed, it didn't work on any Pentium CPU's, there was on speach, saving the game crashed the game, getting onto a bike crashed the game, non of the levels were available and there was no weapons.

Yeah i'd jump at a chance to play that, not :dry:

n18
05-08-2005, 01:28 PM
In the US & UK most games are shipped a maximun of about 3 days ahead of release date. The only time games are released quicker than 3 days before is if somehow they manage to nab a copy while its being printed (Basically while the disc is being made, but because theres 1000's of them no one notices a missing disc.

I hope you remember the first Doom 3 leak, wouldn't play on half the graphics cards, you had to type in codes for each map, half the monsters wern't there, levels were not in order and there was only 3 of them, opjects and doors were locked, keycards were missing so you could only play small portions of levels.

So imagine GTA SA, where if you went out of say a certain boundary the game crashed, it didn't work on any Pentium CPU's, there was on speach, saving the game crashed the game, getting onto a bike crashed the game, non of the levels were available and there was no weapons.

Yeah i'd jump at a chance to play that, not :dry:Somnoe haas to mass produce the game, and they wont do it days before release date right? and it can leak from the factroy like halo 2 did.

Peerzy
05-08-2005, 01:40 PM
He said that stuff arrives in stores weeks before. Thats not true, the stuff is printed up to a month before the release date though, although it is only very rarly that stuff is released a month before retail.

Formula1
05-08-2005, 02:40 PM
what if they realease gta:sa with starfoce 3 protection (like splinter cell: CT) then we will all be fucked :(

Spicker
05-08-2005, 03:12 PM
what if they realease gta:sa with starfoce 3 protection (like splinter cell: CT) then we will all be fucked :(
then u get a Modded Xbox :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :lol: :D

SL!X
05-08-2005, 09:41 PM
He said that stuff arrives in stores weeks before.
I said that..?

Peerzy
05-08-2005, 10:07 PM
I said that..?

games are delivered to stores some time before the actual release date
..and if a game leakes a month before the release date,

Implying its leaked a month before because its at the stores, at least thats how i read it.

SL!X
05-09-2005, 08:57 AM
a game can leak because some guy takes it from the store he works in (before release) or it leaks from the factory
2 different things ..so no, i never meant to say that a game is in stores a month before release

and i certainly would want to play a game like San Andreas before release, even if there are still bugs in it
i played the Doom3-beta too, and i got a feel of the game and its atmosphere

SL!X
05-09-2005, 11:30 PM
the xbox version is on the internet now :)

Peerzy
05-09-2005, 11:43 PM
Source? Not on my site or showing up on the Pre bot?

SL!X
05-09-2005, 11:48 PM
bittorrent; isohunt.com

http://isohunt.com/torrents.php?ihq=san%20andreas%20xbox

haven't downloaded it, but it should be San Andreas
..although 1.36 gb may be a little small for a game like this :mellow:

Spicker
05-10-2005, 01:43 AM
bittorrent; isohunt.com

http://isohunt.com/torrents.php?ihq=san%20andreas%20xbox

haven't downloaded it, but it should be San Andreas
..although 1.36 gb may be a little small for a game like this :mellow:
thats like a 75 day old torrent wts the chances of it being the actual San Andreas, None. :dry:

Peerzy
05-10-2005, 02:29 PM
:lol: Great source i can't wait to download it and see the Vice City loading screen again.

SL!X
05-10-2005, 05:40 PM
hahaha...

you really took the time to download it?

SL!X
05-10-2005, 09:58 PM
i heard a rumour that the PC version has leaked, so i checked it, and some sites indeed confirmed that rumour

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PC Leaked

The PC version of GTA: San Andreas joins the list of games leaked before their release dates today - a good friend of mine pointed me towards a post on his blog which states that the game has been leaked on the Internet. According to the post, this seems to be a case of revenge:

Some Rockstar dudes got totally fired and stuff and were very pissed and all... so they decided to do this totally cool thing! They took whatever source they had as developers and posted it all over P2P and warez forums!

On closer inspection, I found out that the game was indeed released on many Warez forums and P2P networks, including Kazaa and eDonkey, among others. Apparently, the release is not one of the completed game, many players who have downloaded the leaked copy claims they have found many bugs in the game, including the (in)famous "Driver 3 flying car" bug.

it is said that they managed to recall the data, before many people could get it
i don't know if it's true ..but i certainly hope so (i'm already checking torrent sites :rolleyes: )

(source: http://www.bdgamer.net/?itemid=17164 and http://www.trap17.com/index.php/san-andreas-out-pc_t6676.html)