PDA

View Full Version : Ip Message Spam?

Rip The Jacker
04-05-2003, 03:39 AM
The other day I was playing CS and all of a sudden this message came up:

http://galleries.vinyamar.com/ps/show.php?id=EB88Qs3NywFxPVdVQNqRecL&?ext=.jpg

Not only did it inturrupt my game, it's the 3rd one and I'm getting angry about this... It seems the possiblities of spam are endless...

I use Sygate Personal Firewall on Windows 2000 Pro, and noticed internet activity with:
C:/WINNT/system32/services.exe
C:/WINNT/system32/svchost.exe
while I was playing CS. So I went ahead and set my firewall to block all online traffic to those 2 files. Imma see if this helps. Any other ideas how to stop this new annoying way of spam????

Razz
04-05-2003, 03:54 AM
go to services and disable the messenger service and u wont get these anymore, it is an exploit in the service which is supposed to be used by network admins to send messages to puters ;)

Rip The Jacker
04-05-2003, 04:31 AM
Oh thank you! These are a really annoying way of recieving spam!

jetje
04-05-2003, 04:36 AM
I move it to gameworld cause i can think that more players will encounter this.. B)

hokaleeky
04-05-2003, 05:33 AM
thanx for the info razz, same thing was happenin to me :)

slammy_dunken
04-05-2003, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by jetje@4 April 2003 - 21:36
I move it to gameworld cause i can think that more players will encounter this.. B)
This has to do with Windows so if I were you, I would move it to Softwareworld.

4play
04-05-2003, 05:38 AM
You can send these as well if you wish.

there is a utility out there called netsend xp pro.

Or the netsend dos command will work.

I always send stupid messages to my mates on icq and msn. There is no better way of tell someone Your a idiot and if you don't leave me alone i will delete your hdd then by one of these messages. :ph34r:

Razz
04-05-2003, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by 4play@5 April 2003 - 06:38
You can send these as well if you wish.

there is a utility out there called netsend xp pro.

Or the netsend dos command will work.

I always send stupid messages to my mates on icq and msn. There is no better way of tell someone Your a idiot and if you don't leave me alone i will delete your hdd then by one of these messages. :ph34r:
but to send u have to have the service enabled and then there is a chance of u receiving them too :P i usually just turn the service on when i need it :D

Livy
04-05-2003, 08:03 AM
i got a few aswell, but only when i was using my comp at my g/f house.
ma router at home was stopping them. i got messenger service turned of after i found out to stop it.