PDA

View Full Version : Too much light !

keyser_soze
03-06-2005, 12:39 AM
I've jus been outside for a smoke it being 00.25 in U.k and noticed that theres still seagulls flying about at this time of night, I thought that they went to sleep when it dark? I think that we have too much street lighting these days and the birds don't know when to get there heads down...
Btw another thing I've noticed is that they put plastic cable ties on the telecom post wires these days presumably to stop birds sitting in them but they seem to love it :D I suppose its like puttting a mirror in a budjies cage :ermm:

Virtualbody1234
03-06-2005, 01:51 AM
Quit smoking.

Smith
03-06-2005, 01:53 AM
Quit smoking.

Couldnt have said it any better myself.

Gripper
03-06-2005, 02:20 PM
what are you smokin :D

Gemby!
03-06-2005, 03:08 PM
seagulls eh :shifty:

keyser_soze
03-07-2005, 11:07 PM
I can't remember posting this so it must have been a good night :D But all valid points I think you'll find :blushing: :D

mortsapprentice
03-08-2005, 05:10 PM
perhaps u imagined the seagulls especially if you were smoking waccy baccy?

keyser_soze
03-08-2005, 08:30 PM
The seagulls were real m8 I can tell cos they'd shit on my car in the morning :dry:

Snee
03-08-2005, 08:55 PM
What's this then :bawa:

TheDave
03-08-2005, 09:02 PM
one of the nights it snowed there was a full moon. it looked like daylight at 2am :fear:

tesco
03-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Btw another thing I've noticed is that they put plastic cable ties on the telecom post wires these days presumably to stop birds sitting in them but they seem to love it :D I suppose its like puttting a mirror in a budjies cage :ermm:
Those orange rubber things?
If it's those then I thought they were so that if an electrician accidently slipped he wouldn't get killed by touching the wire. :unsure:

MCHeshPants420
03-08-2005, 11:52 PM
:lol:

keyser_soze
03-12-2005, 02:25 AM
Those orange rubber things? Forgive me for highlighting your lack of electrical knowledge, "those orange rubber things" are whats known as a figment of your imagination, which probably stems from u dealing with lawn mowers, the cable ties are black plastic the same as the ones u hold your wheel trims on with, they spread out about 4 foot from the pole and contrary to popular belief you cant get an electric shock from a telegraph pole as they only carry about 2 volts, even if they carried 20,000 volts you would still need an earth meaning you would have to be touching the wire aswell as the ground which would be hard for your average size person, apart from that its amps that kill you not volts an example of this would be that a spark plug in a car carries 28,000 volts but would only give u a mild shock because it has low amps, just thought I would mention that...

Fecking seagulls.

quiksilver_aus
03-12-2005, 06:57 AM
Forgive me for highlighting your lack of electrical knowledge, "those orange rubber things" are whats known as a figment of your imagination, which probably stems from u dealing with lawn mowers, the cable ties are black plastic the same as the ones u hold your wheel trims on with, they spread out about 4 foot from the pole and contrary to popular belief you cant get an electric shock from a telegraph pole as they only carry about 2 volts, even if they carried 20,000 volts you would still need an earth meaning you would have to be touching the wire aswell as the ground which would be hard for your average size person, apart from that its amps that kill you not volts an example of this would be that a spark plug in a car carries 28,000 volts but would only give u a mild shock because it has low amps, just thought I would mention that...

Fecking seagulls.
your award: most useless info of the day

Virtualbody1234
03-12-2005, 02:15 PM
your award: most useless info of the day
And a lot of it wrong.

Just grab a live spark plug wire next chance you get then come back here and tell us about the "mild" shock.

keyser_soze
03-12-2005, 11:17 PM
I've had first hand experiance of spark plugs,I was pulling a lead off and it earthed from my forehead to the bonnet, painfull yes life threatening no.

your award: most useless info of the day I'm the prince of trivia. :P