PDA

View Full Version : burning questions

nat
03-06-2005, 07:13 AM
hi, don't know if this is the right place so move it if its not, anyway...

my situation is a unique one indeed so i'll just explain it as best i can. i have downloaded several episodes of stargate and want to transfer it to my other computer to burn because my other computer has the dvd-burner, but my other computer can't play the files as in i can hear the audio but not see the video and yes i'm pretty sure i've downloaded all the right codecs so it might be my comp, so anyway can i burn the files even though i can't see the video and still watch it on my dvd-player?

oh and question number 2 my dvdr can hold up to 4.7 gigs or whatever it is does that mean that i can burn up to 4.7 gigs of my .mpg's or will only be able to burn 4 gigs of .mpg's since it my expand when burning.

thanks for any help i know i'm being a pain. i'll shut-up now.

nanotek
03-06-2005, 07:51 AM
im pretty sure u can burn and watch them as it only seems to be a codec problem on your pc as to burning 4.7 gbs of mp3s , that should be no problem at all as ive done the same this week , burnt 35 dvds full of music :)

nat
03-06-2005, 08:17 AM
i good about the codec thing but i'm not burning .mp3s i'm burning .mpgs video files so i think the process may be a bit different.

nanotek
03-06-2005, 09:36 AM
oops i must have overseen that with the mpgs but that still works , just burn as a dvd rom(iso) and as much as fits on the dvd , but overburning does not work so if u can only fit 5 films on dvd for example then leave it like that

nat
03-07-2005, 08:28 AM
how do i do a dvd rom(iso) is it different to the standard mpeg to dvdr method?

nanotek
03-07-2005, 09:30 AM
well if your using nero then that should be no problem at all because when the wizard opens up u just klick on the option dvd-rom(iso) , its just like when burning cds using nero : just make it a data cd then u should be set up