PDA

View Full Version : Bit of help with bit torrent and peerguardian 2 please

Lincoln-Imp
03-06-2005, 07:28 PM
I just went on torrentsyp and then started up peerguardian 2 and i got loads of hollywood interactive IBM Almaden Research centre on my list. What do these mean and how much does peerguardian keep you protected?
thanks

Rick Phlegm
03-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Apparently Torrentspy's hosted at the same data center as Hollywood Interactive and Peerguardian picks up on that and complains. There's a thread about it here (http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=91559).

As to how well Peerguardian protects you... no idea. But let us know if you get caught while using it.

monkeyman1
03-07-2005, 04:28 AM
If you are scared about getting caught don't use public trackers se private ones like pisexy or torrentbytes

Rick Phlegm
03-07-2005, 05:04 PM
There's pretty much just as much chance of getting caught on a "private" tracker anyway.

Only difference is that if the site gets taken over, there's a nice handy list of members complete with their download ratios to prosecute.

monkeyman1
03-08-2005, 12:15 AM
Yeah you are right but, there is less of a chance. There are some private trackers that aren't so private like ET. But if you have one with like 200 members then your chances are way less.

erRor67
03-09-2005, 04:42 AM
sorta like what happened to Lolkitorrents or however thats spelled. The whole database of users and log info.. all in the hands of the mpaa. <_<