PDA

View Full Version : So this is what morning looks like...

NikkiD
03-07-2005, 02:21 PM
I feel like I should go back to bed until noon or something. :blink: My eyes haven't quite adjusted. It's been so bloody long since I got a good night's sleep (read fallen asleep before 6 or 7 am) that I had forgotten how nice morning could be. It's rather refreshing.

Snee
03-07-2005, 02:24 PM
It's three in the afternoon here, and I still feel as if it's morning :lol:

Not long since I got got out of bed either :unsure:

When all of this tax-dodging is over and I have to start working full-time again I'm gonna' be in trouble.

NikkiD
03-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Would be an even better morning if I could find my resume. :dry:

Snee
03-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Oopsy.

Going job-hunting?

Jon L. Obscene
03-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Morning? wtf is that? :huh:

Jonno :cool:

NikkiD
03-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Yeah, job hunting... sort of got a tentative okay from the doc to go back to work. I should hope so, since I've been subbing in her office for the receptionist. :lol: They doctors' all insist that I find something "non-stressful". WTF is a "non-stressful" job? Being single again, I'll pretty much take anything I can get to pay the bills. Always works better that way anyway, you find something great when you're already working. Worst case scenario, I can go back to landscaping in April - not that I don't want to, but I don't like some of my fellow employees much.

I found my resume btw. :D

Oh, and Jon, morning is when the sun is in the eastern part of the sky....

Guillaume
03-07-2005, 07:47 PM
Morning?

I never get up before 11 am. But, as SnnY said, I'll be in trouble when I wiork full-time again. :ph34r:

Snee
03-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Good luck with finding a job then, nikki.

I hope that works out for you.

@gurahl: 11? pah, that's practically night-time for me, I never get up that early if I can avoid it. :01:

Guillaume
03-07-2005, 07:54 PM
11? pah, that's practically night-time for me, I never get up that early if I can avoid it. :01:

I'd stay longer in bed if I could, but someone has to walk the dog, or he might explode... :unsure:
http://img101.exs.cx/img101/5657/yorkboom1yw.gif

Snee
03-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Do what I do, and make someone else walk the dog. :D

Unless your "dog" is a euphemism of some sort. :unsure:

mortsapprentice
03-08-2005, 05:00 PM
pah! i never go to sleep BEFORE morning

damn insomnia :angry:

lynx
03-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Do what I do, and make someone else walk the dog. :D

Unless your "dog" is a euphemism of some sort. :unsure:An exploding euphemism? :blink:

Sounds decidedly painful. :unsure:

Guillaume
03-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Unless your "dog" is a euphemism of some sort. :unsure:

No, it's a real dog... Well, I suspect him to be a piglet in disguise but nobody wants to believe me! :huh:

Snee
03-08-2005, 09:23 PM
I thought Strasbourg was a place in Germany :blink:

Guillaume
03-08-2005, 09:26 PM
I thought Strasbourg was a place in Germany :blink:

It was part of the Holy Roman Empire until 1681. It's french since, all "historical accidents" excepted.

Jon L. Obscene
03-08-2005, 09:42 PM

What is this "Sun" you speak of?

bigboab
03-08-2005, 09:50 PM

You will have to turn him round and point him east Nikki. Sense of direction not to good. :rolleyes:

Jon L. Obscene
03-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Thats true.

They used to write on my geography report "Does well to find his way home"

:huh:

NikkiD
03-08-2005, 11:40 PM
Jon, East is the direction you walk to get to the ocean.

To clarify... cause I know you'll be a smartass and say "but it's an island, I walk any direction and I'll eventually end up in an ocean..."

East is the direction you walk to get to the closest ocean.

Guillaume
03-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Jon, East is the direction you walk to get to the ocean.

To clarify... cause I know you'll be a smartass and say "but it's an island, I walk any direction and I'll eventually end up in an ocean..."

East is the direction you walk to get to the closest ocean.

Since I, too, am a smartass, may I point out that east of Jonno you won't find any ocean, but a sea... The North Sea, to be precise... :smartass:

Snee
03-08-2005, 11:53 PM
And also, water.

NikkiD
03-09-2005, 12:10 AM
So... wtf is Jon always talking about surfing in the ocean?? :blink:

Guillaume
03-09-2005, 12:14 AM
edit: meh. that's not even remotely funny.

Jon L. Obscene
03-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Ok I'll be a smartass to both of you and say if I walked east I would tavel approx 60 miles before I hit the sea, the north sea is North from me :P

And the reason I say Ocean Nik is because many people correct me when I say "sea" tell me it's the ocean, so I just go with the flow :rolleyes:

Define Ocean or Sea.
Body of water, is it about size? :huh: If it's about size then Lake Erie can't be a lake cos it's bigger than the North Sea :huh:

I'm confused.

manker
03-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Ok I'll be a smartass to both of you and say if I walked east I would tavel approx 60 miles before I hit the sea, the north sea is North from me :P

And the reason I say Ocean Nik is because many people correct me when I say "sea" tell me it's the ocean, so I just go with the flow :rolleyes:

Define Ocean or Sea.
Body of water, is it about size? :huh: If it's about size then Lake Erie can't be a lake cos it's bigger than the North Sea :huh:

I'm confused.

Jonno :cool:Lake Erie isn't bigger than the North Sea.

Don't worry about the size of the body of water, just look at it's name on the map - if it's called a sea, then it's a sea, if it's called an ocean, then it's an ocean.

If people correct you and say that the North Sea is an ocean, tell them to stfu, 'cos it isn't.

It's much less than 60 miles before you hit the sea if you travel due east from where you are. Much less :dry:

This is the smartarse thread, right :unsure:

Jon L. Obscene
03-09-2005, 11:53 AM
It's much less than 60 miles before you hit the sea if you travel due east from where you are. Much less :dry:

This is the smartarse thread, right :unsure:

Ok thats true, I dunno why but I tend to forget about the curve to Yarmouth :rolleyes:

Ok I'm trying to think of something to save face but I can't :(

Above post posted within 15 mins of waking up and I's only had an hours sleep so I grumpy :P
Besides, I don't surf anymore. But I have surfed the Atlantic Ocean, so technically I'm right.........oh bollocks I give up :frusty:

pwned :(

Snee
03-09-2005, 12:00 PM
edit: meh. that's not even remotely funny.
:ohmy:

Guillaume
03-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Besides, I don't surf anymore.
Old age catching up? :unsure:

Snee
03-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Maybe he meant smurf. :unsure:

"I don't smurf anymore"

Yeah, that makes sense.

Jon L. Obscene
03-09-2005, 12:19 PM
@Guil......yeah something like that

@Mr.S........I stopped smurfing years ago man, bad for you , you know :unsure:

Snee
03-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Yes.

Adster
03-09-2005, 01:34 PM
my life = get up at 8am 1 hr walk to uni stay at uni.. walk hoem 1 hr get hoem at 5pm have a quick chat in soulseek have tea ( dinner US call it ) do uni work. go work at radio at 2am in the morning till 5am get home at 530am sleep for 2 hr and a half then start teh day at 8am again

I use friday saturday sunday too sleep all day!!!!

love those pills